Modified's 2020 F250 Tremor Build

It's time to start adding more parts :cool:. 67 Designs Phone holder came in so it was time to install the Built Right dash panel. The build quality on these parts are top notch! https://www.67d.com/products/the-builtright-f-series-upgrade-pack-pack-br1

View attachment 20694

Installation was quick and easy. You just have to take your time when pulling off the speaker cover and dash tray.

View attachment 20695

Install complete!
View attachment 20696

View attachment 20697
Looks great! Is this the “small” size carbon arm?
 
Got my rear Built Right racks installed. Just need to cut the front ones so they work with the Retrax cover. Now I need to fill 'em up with gear!

View attachment 7048

View attachment 7049
I was wondering if the front ones worked with the retrax. Would you have to remove the retrax to install the front ones, then reinstall the retrax? Or, could you get them installed without removing the retrax? Did you have to modify anything?
 
Last edited:
Got around to installing the Raptor Style grille lights. I know some of you will give me a hard time, but I really dig the look! I also needed an excuse to start using the up-fitter switches, so instead of wiring it into the headlights I ran it to Aux1.

View attachment 6262

View attachment 6263

View attachment 6264
Just got these lights as well. Were you able to install without removing the grill? the videos I have watched all remove the grill. I also just want to run the wiring to my upfitters, was that pretty simple? Just plug and play?
 
I've been really happy with it!

On our last camping trip, even my wife mentioned how nice it is to have the roll back cover vs the flip back.
Why is that? I did go with the flip so I could better put a motorcycle in the back if needed - seemed like I would lose the front of the bed more where the front tire would go. I have gone back and forth - just curious of your feedback.
 
Why is that? I did go with the flip so I could better put a motorcycle in the back if needed - seemed like I would lose the front of the bed more where the front tire would go. I have gone back and forth - just curious of your feedback.

So far losing the space for the storage canister hasn't been an issue. I can see if you were loading a motorcycle in the back, a flip up or something that is easier to be removed would be better. The feature I really like is quickly being able to open up the cover and slide it forward to access anything in the bed without dropping the tailgate. I also plan on adding the rack so I can carry two bikes and add the skinny Yakima cargo basket for more storage.

I had an Extang Solid Fold Tonneau cover on my last truck. The main reason I decided on that cover was how easy it could be removed from the truck. However, I learned when I had my travel trailer hooked up, it became a real pain to open the cover because I had to drop the tailgate in order to reach the handles inside. My tailgate won't open completely without hitting the jack on the front of the trailer.

I also have a small landscape trailer now I can use to haul motorcycles, atvs, tractors, etc. so that gives me another option then just the bed of the truck.
 
I finished up the rest of the install last night. I built my own plug-in-play wire harness using 16 gauge wire and these connectors from Amazon.

YETOR Way Car Waterproof Electrical Connector,16 AWG 3 pin Plug Auto Electrical Wire Connectors Marine for Car, Truck, Boat, and Other Wire Connections.(5 Pack)

GS Power 100% Copper 16 AWG (American Wire Gauge) Automotive Primary Wire 4 Roll Color Combo (100 Feet Roll, 400 FT total) for Low Voltage Car Audio Video Stereo Trailer Harness Wiring

View attachment 23909

View attachment 23910

I ran the fog backlight (blue wire) into the 2nd upfitter switch and the main fog lights (Red wire) into the 3rd upfitter switch. This way I can have the backlights on all the time and hit the fogs only when I need extra light.

View attachment 23911

Here are the fog lights with just the backlight on. (Looks awesome along with the Raptor style grille lights!)

View attachment 23912

And the main fogs.

View attachment 23913

Here are a few photos comparing the stock fog lights with/without the Diode Dynamics on.

View attachment 23914

View attachment 23915

Very nice! Diode Dynamics is the way to go. I'm wondering if their SS3 series would fit in there.

Do you get any LED bouncing when you drive, so you can see the light bouncing, or are the housings pretty solidly connected to the bumper fascia? I ask because I had a problem with the housings not being solidly connected to the bumper in another vehicle and I had to get creative to get them to stop wiggling around.
 
I finished up the rest of the install last night. I built my own plug-in-play wire harness using 16 gauge wire and these connectors from Amazon.

YETOR Way Car Waterproof Electrical Connector,16 AWG 3 pin Plug Auto Electrical Wire Connectors Marine for Car, Truck, Boat, and Other Wire Connections.(5 Pack)

GS Power 100% Copper 16 AWG (American Wire Gauge) Automotive Primary Wire 4 Roll Color Combo (100 Feet Roll, 400 FT total) for Low Voltage Car Audio Video Stereo Trailer Harness Wiring

View attachment 23909

View attachment 23910

I ran the fog backlight (blue wire) into the 2nd upfitter switch and the main fog lights (Red wire) into the 3rd upfitter switch. This way I can have the backlights on all the time and hit the fogs only when I need extra light.

View attachment 23911

Here are the fog lights with just the backlight on. (Looks awesome along with the Raptor style grille lights!)

View attachment 23912

And the main fogs.

View attachment 23913

Here are a few photos comparing the stock fog lights with/without the Diode Dynamics on.

View attachment 23914

View attachment 23915
Are those the Sport or Pro lights? I think the brightness you have are going to be perfect for deer lights for my Tremor.

EDIT: Nevermind - PRO
 
Last edited:
Got the Retrax XR cover installed. It took a little while because I couldn't seem to get the rails adjusted just right and the cover kept barely hitting the back clamp. Other then that I'm really impressed with the cover and get wait to get some racks for it!

This is the main box the cover comes in. There is also another box that the rails are shipped in.
View attachment 7118

I got it all attached to the rails on the garage floor. It's just two small screws on each side of the cover that hold the rails on.
View attachment 7119

Having one of these step bits from Harbor Freight was perfect for making a clean hole for the drain tube. https://www.harborfreight.com/power...oated-high-speed-steel-step-drills-91616.html

Not completely happy with the tube just hanging there. There has to be a better way to run the tubes out of the way?
View attachment 7120

Still need to get the front builtright racks cut and installed. Cover rolls and fits really nice!
View attachment 7121

A little dusty, but it's on!
View attachment 7123
nice truck and atv, whats the make and model of the atv.
 
nice truck and atv, whats the make and model of the atv.

Thanks! It's a Can-Am Defender Max Lone Star. It's been great to work around the property.
 
Very nice! Diode Dynamics is the way to go. I'm wondering if their SS3 series would fit in there.

Do you get any LED bouncing when you drive, so you can see the light bouncing, or are the housings pretty solidly connected to the bumper fascia? I ask because I had a problem with the housings not being solidly connected to the bumper in another vehicle and I had to get creative to get them to stop wiggling around.
Sorry for the late reply @Backslider - I don't notice any light bouncing. They seem to be really secure in the housing.
 
I went with the pro version. I got them from @NEO Garage


I went with the FOG lens.
Ordered during Cyber Monday, shipped today!! this will be my first real project on the truck (after dozens on the Tundra over the years).
 
Ordered during Cyber Monday, shipped today!! this will be my first real project on the truck (after dozens on the Tundra over the years).

Ordered during Cyber Monday, shipped today!! this will be my first real project on the truck (after dozens on the Tundra over the years).
20210829_101030.webp


I ordered them from @NEOgarage also -- love them!
 
It's time to start my own build thread on here now :cool:. Not sure where we will end up, but it's time for the fun to begin!

View attachment 4437

Lllumar IRX 30% window tint on the front two windows.

Husky X-ACT Contour Floor liners

WeatherTech Mudflaps

4 LED Grille Lights

Built Right Industries Bedside Racks

Retrax Pro Aluminum XR Bed Cover
hey bud, curious how the build went, specifically on the retrax tonneau and the builtright rack? I heard the bed rack front panels might be tight with the retrax cannister. Any issues with this?
 
hey bud, curious how the build went, specifically on the retrax tonneau and the builtright rack? I heard the bed rack front panels might be tight with the retrax cannister. Any issues with this?

I haven't installed the front panels yet. They definitely need some trimming in order to make it work with the retrax cover. I might get them installed this weekend and I'll post some updates.
 
Back
Top Bottom