Modified's 2020 F250 Tremor Build

I finished up the rest of the install last night. I built my own plug-in-play wire harness using 16 gauge wire and these connectors from Amazon.

YETOR Way Car Waterproof Electrical Connector,16 AWG 3 pin Plug Auto Electrical Wire Connectors Marine for Car, Truck, Boat, and Other Wire Connections.(5 Pack)

GS Power 100% Copper 16 AWG (American Wire Gauge) Automotive Primary Wire 4 Roll Color Combo (100 Feet Roll, 400 FT total) for Low Voltage Car Audio Video Stereo Trailer Harness Wiring

modified-fog-light-wire-1.webp


modified-fog-light-wire-2.webp


I ran the fog backlight (blue wire) into the 2nd upfitter switch and the main fog lights (Red wire) into the 3rd upfitter switch. This way I can have the backlights on all the time and hit the fogs only when I need extra light.

modified-fog-light-wire-4.webp


Here are the fog lights with just the backlight on. (Looks awesome along with the Raptor style grille lights!)

modified-fog-light-wire-5.webp


And the main fogs.

modified-fog-light-wire-6.webp


Here are a few photos comparing the stock fog lights with/without the Diode Dynamics on.

stock-diode2.webp


stock-diode1.webp
 
Which version is that set? They have the Sport and the Pro's, but within each line they have 5 option for the lenses.

I am interested in getting a set for the front as well as a flush set to install in the rear bumper.
 
Looks great!
Are the flush mount pieces metal or plastic?
I've got some ideas for these lights as well but i'd have to trim part of the flush mount trim piece.
I believe the bezel is a hard plastic.
 
Which version is that set? They have the Sport and the Pro's, but within each line they have 5 option for the lenses.

I am interested in getting a set for the front as well as a flush set to install in the rear bumper.

I went with the pro version. I got them from @NEO Garage


I went with the FOG lens.
 
Got the Retrax XR cover installed. It took a little while because I couldn't seem to get the rails adjusted just right and the cover kept barely hitting the back clamp. Other then that I'm really impressed with the cover and get wait to get some racks for it!

This is the main box the cover comes in. There is also another box that the rails are shipped in.
View attachment 7118

I got it all attached to the rails on the garage floor. It's just two small screws on each side of the cover that hold the rails on.
View attachment 7119

Having one of these step bits from Harbor Freight was perfect for making a clean hole for the drain tube. https://www.harborfreight.com/power...oated-high-speed-steel-step-drills-91616.html

Not completely happy with the tube just hanging there. There has to be a better way to run the tubes out of the way?
View attachment 7120

Still need to get the front builtright racks cut and installed. Cover rolls and fits really nice!
View attachment 7121

A little dusty, but it's on!
View attachment 7123
How are you feeling about the cover after 6+ months?
 
How are you feeling about the cover after 6+ months?
I've been really happy with it!

On our last camping trip, even my wife mentioned how nice it is to have the roll back cover vs the flip back.
 
banks-stubby-ant.jpeg


Banks Pedal Monster installed ✅

Ronin Stubby Antenna ✅

I'm not sure I'll keep the Stubby Antenna on there. I like listening to some of the local radio stations and the signal definitely doesn't come in as good.
 
Last edited:
View attachment 24135

Banks Pedal Monster installed ✅

Ronn Stubby Antenna ✅

I'm not sure I'll keep the Stubby Antenna on there. I like listening to some of the local radio stations and the signal definitely doesn't come in as good.

That stinks… I have gotten more comments than I can remember on my ronnin antenna. I usually listen to XM or Apple Music so I didn’t even know that it wasn’t as good.
 
That stinks… I have gotten more comments than I can remember on my ronnin antenna. I usually listen to XM or Apple Music so I didn’t even know that it wasn’t as good.
It does look sharp! Just lose a little function with it :(
 
View attachment 24135

Banks Pedal Monster installed ✅

Ronin Stubby Antenna ✅

I'm not sure I'll keep the Stubby Antenna on there. I like listening to some of the local radio stations and the signal definitely doesn't come in as good.

I just installed the same Antenna. A waste of $30 bucks.
Not far at all from home I began loosing reception .. :( .. can't plug in a CD. Bastards .. I liked the CD Player.
Guess all my Cd's will go into the box marked, Cassettes, 8 Tracks and Under-Dash players .. Nobody ask'd me about get'n rid of the CD Player ..
 
I've been really happy with it!

On our last camping trip, even my wife mentioned how nice it is to have the roll back cover vs the flip back.
How well does it support weight? It says it can hold 400 lbs but I guess that's evenly distributed, not a 190 guy standing on it.
 
How well does it support weight? It says it can hold 400 lbs but I guess that's evenly distributed, not a 190 guy standing on it.
It seems pretty sturdy. I haven't put anything really heavy on top of it though.
 
I just installed the same Antenna. A waste of $30 bucks.
Not far at all from home I began loosing reception .. :( .. can't plug in a CD. Bastards .. I liked the CD Player.
Guess all my Cd's will go into the box marked, Cassettes, 8 Tracks and Under-Dash players .. Nobody ask'd me about get'n rid of the CD Player ..
Chucked that piece of crap Ronin antenna and ordered this.. Actually works well!! Highly recommend over any version of the Ronin.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08HGFHW72/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
 
How does that one compare to the stock antenna?
I’d say equal or better reception actually.. The Tekk antenna seems to lock on to the HD stations quicker.. Haven’t driven out to remote areas yet to test range but it’s a gigantic improvement over the Ronin ??
 
I’d say equal or better reception actually.. The Tekk antenna seems to lock on to the HD stations quicker.. Haven’t driven out to remote areas yet to test range but it’s a gigantic improvement over the Ronin ??
Thanks, it'll be here on the 26th ..
For Sale, Ronin Antenna and Console Safe .. ? ? !! You guys are kill'n me ..
 
Back
Top Bottom