Modified's 2020 F250 Tremor Build

It was a great day to have the games on and work on a few projects in the garage. I finally got around to installing the BANKS RAM AIR Intake. With the windows down, you can definitely hear more turbo spool and grunt from the motor. It sounds great! I'll report back after a few weeks of driving & towing to see if there are any notable differences in performance.


Tremor-banks-intake.jpeg



Complete Kit:
Tremor-banks-intake2.jpeg


Stock filter vs Banks:
Tremor-banks-intake3.jpeg


Stock air box had quite the collection of insects..lol
Tremor-banks-intake4.jpeg


The Install was straightforward. The directions from Banks were easy to follow and the total install time was less than an hour.

Tremor-banks-intake5.jpeg



The fitment of Banks air box was really good and looks awesome with the clear window.
Tremor-banks-intake6.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Finally got around to cutting and installing the front BuiltRight panels. I had to take the Retrax cover off to move some furniture and figured might as well do it before I reinstall it. Thanks to @Bill for posting photos of his installation, that made it really easy. (https://www.fordtremor.com/threads/...ight-bedside-racks-does-it-fit.775/post-76140)

View attachment 61034View attachment 61035

View attachment 61036
What boxes are those that fit under the bed cover. I just got RetraxPRO XR installed and want to use the space under it.
 
I used matte black rust-olem peel coat paint. We'll see how long well it holds up!
Did the mirror caps and grill trim on my Volvo wagon with rust-oleum peel coat. So far it's held up on a forward facing part pretty well. First round on the mirror caps made it about a year and had some spots where rocks cut into it. Second time I did it, I went a little thicker on it and it's been about three years w no issues. Car washes and everything.
 
What boxes are those that fit under the bed cover. I just got RetraxPRO XR installed and want to use the space under it.

I posted a few more photos of the boxes in this thread:


The Roam 83L rugged case would be another good option.
 
Did the same thing to my tailgate handle. Man, some of these little chrome deletes look so good! I didn’t think it would matter much, but boy was I wrong.

Love the bedside steps. I need to do this. Is the folding mechanism held strong enough that it won’t fold down if you hit a big bump or something? Just curious. Truck is looking great!
 
Love the bedside steps. I need to do this. Is the folding mechanism held strong enough that it won’t fold down if you hit a big bump or something? Just curious. Truck is looking great!

Thanks! The steps take a little bit of muscle to drop, so I can't see them folding down while driving. My only concern would be how the step attaches to the arm. It's only held on by three screws. It feels sturdy when using it though.

amp-bed-side-step-under.webp
 
Thanks! The steps take a little bit of muscle to drop, so I can't see them folding down while driving. My only concern would be how the step attaches to the arm. It's only held on by three screws. It feels sturdy when using it though.

View attachment 62646
I'm a big boy - 275# and ripped mine out while connecting 5th wheel hitch. I replaced and drilled through using nuts and flush screws on top. Holding better than factory.
 
Thanks! The steps take a little bit of muscle to drop, so I can't see them folding down while driving. My only concern would be how the step attaches to the arm. It's only held on by three screws. It feels sturdy when using it though.

View attachment 62646
Thanks! It’s on my list, but it’s down there still. Surprised I still have a list by now. Geez, never ending!
 
Thanks! The steps take a little bit of muscle to drop, so I can't see them folding down while driving. My only concern would be how the step attaches to the arm. It's only held on by three screws. It feels sturdy when using it though.

View attachment 62646
I really did not appreciate the 3 screws and added some threadlocker. Check them from time to time, they are still holding but i hoped for better design, this is deff. the weakest part.
 
It was a great day to have the games on and work on a few projects in the garage. I finally got around to installing the BANKS RAM AIR Intake. With the windows down, you can definitely hear more turbo spool and grunt from the motor. It sounds great! I'll report back after a few weeks of driving & towing to see if there are any notable differences in performance.


View attachment 61400


Complete Kit:
View attachment 61399

Stock filter vs Banks:
View attachment 61401

Stock air box had quite the collection of insects..lol
View attachment 61402

The Install was straightforward. The directions from Banks were easy to follow and the total install time was less than an hour.

View attachment 61404


The fitment of Banks air box was really good and looks awesome with the clear window.
View attachment 61407
How do you like the Banks Ram Air? Is there much of a noticeable difference?
 
How do you like the Banks Ram Air? Is there much of a noticeable difference?

I'm really happy with it. It's hard to tell if there are any performance gains. I'll just trust Banks with their testing.

You can definitely hear a difference at low speeds. The intake provides a much deeper tone/growl at lower RPMs, turbo spool is definitely more pronounced.

Here's a quick video of the exhaust & intake. It's recorded with an iPhone mic, so not sure if the grunt really comes through.

 
Last edited:
I love the growl it has. Does the install affect the warranty at all?
 
Back
Top Bottom