I think the only difference between you and me is that I am not yet ready to order. I was alternating in my mind between F250 and F350 but over time I did my homework and realised it was better to go F350. Pretty sure that will be the route I will go. I was always going to get the diesel because fuel range is so critical, and the better fuel consumption and availability of long range tanks, plus most importers only bring in the diesel, sealed it anyway. Right now I am wondering whether I should get the Tremor of FX4 package because of the difficulties with tyres. So I think it’s natural to re think things and hard not to jump into ordering a truck when you have made that decision to get one.
So perhaps the only mistake, for want of a better term, isn’t that you modified your order, but that you maybe jumped into ordering too soon. Reassessing is a good thing, not a sign of softness of weakness. I think you are being too hard on yourself. So much so that you see a strength as a weakness and miss the simple mistake you did make- ordering too soon.