Talk to your installer. From my understanding, the only thing they do not have working is the car-jacking mode.Your experience makes me wonder if IGLA has further refined the software for the 23s and if I should go and see about a software update.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Talk to your installer. From my understanding, the only thing they do not have working is the car-jacking mode.Your experience makes me wonder if IGLA has further refined the software for the 23s and if I should go and see about a software update.
I totally agree; that would not be fun. I could also lose my dongle and have the same dilemma. On my previous truck, it fell out of my pocket at the beach. I am so paranoid about this that I always double-check and triple-check, and it still happened. I found it in the sand, but it would have not taken much to be buried in the sand.I wouldn’t want to be on a trip and have a software upgrade and leave you stranded. It’s a risk vs rewards situation.
Cheers![]()
Go gettem TRAMPER!!!View attachment 165844
Ravelco is the answer you seek. #doitforthedongle
I tried to get IGLA installed on my 24 F250 and Expedition but the local installer told me it doesn't work with 2024 Fords yet. Anyone have feedback or experience on this? I'm eager to get it installed after my TRX was stolen.
I called in to chat with CA / AZ Ravelco. Their owner / operator there said all new devices have been designed to negate what is seen in that IGLA video.Garrett this is good info. I hadn’t heard about an update to the Dongle…. I googled…. Errrrr rather Duck Duck Go’ed Ravelco upgrade but came up empty. Do you have a link with any details about this?
I am with you 100% on everything, but I believe it was a IGLA dealer in the Dallas area who produced the videos you are talking about and not IGLA corporate, unlessI called in to chat with CA / AZ Ravelco. They owner / operator there said all new devices have been designed to negate what is seen in that IGLA video.
Any existing Ravelco customers can get the update for $200.00.
Personally, Im not too worried about the trick that those Russian a**hats showed in the video. 99% of thieves dont even know what a Ravelco is, let alone how to bypass it.
If you want an intro to my Ravelco dealer just let me know. I know you're not on the west coast but they are good people and would be happy to set you up with a installer closer to you.
I sleep light a baby knowing that when I take that Ravelco "key" out, my truck/van/boat will be there in the morning. I could never sleep knowing that a software by a company overseas could just glitch or fail and leave myself and my family stranded. While I do have a distrust of Russian entities (and for good reason) my concern with IGLA is mostly because its software related. You cant beat a hardwired solution with software.... Even Ford's software glitches and they are lightyears beyond a simple Russian entity. Hearing the headaches of everyone's IGLA installs is notable. Plus, their theatrics putting many existing owners at risk is bad form if you ask me..
That said, everyone has the right to do whatever you want. If you want to install IGLA, or put on what some consider ugly wheels, hell paint your truck pink -- I really dont care. What I do care about is a business that is willing to stoop to that level and put millions of Americans at risk so they can sell more software.
--
Garrett
It was for sure a Dallas based shop!@Lunch Box even more alarming if those folks were Dallas based and pulling those shenanigans!
I called in to chat with CA / AZ Ravelco. Their owner / operator there said all new devices have been designed to negate what is seen in that IGLA video.
Any existing Ravelco customers can get the update for $200.00.
Personally, Im not too worried about the trick that those Russian a**hats showed in the video. 99% of thieves dont even know what a Ravelco is, let alone how to bypass it.
If you want an intro to my Ravelco dealer just let me know. I know you're not on the west coast but they are good people and would be happy to set you up with a installer closer to you.
I sleep light a baby knowing that when I take that Ravelco "key" out, my truck/van/boat will be there in the morning. I could never sleep knowing that a software by a company overseas could just glitch or fail and leave myself and my family stranded. While I do have a distrust of Russian entities (and for good reason) my concern with IGLA is mostly because its software related. You cant beat a hardwired solution with software.... Even Ford's software glitches and they are lightyears beyond a simple Russian entity. Hearing the headaches of everyone's IGLA installs is notable. Plus, their theatrics putting many existing owners at risk is bad form if you ask me..
That said, everyone has the right to do whatever you want. If you want to install IGLA, or put on what some consider ugly wheels, hell paint your truck pink -- I really dont care. What I do care about is a business that is willing to stoop to that level and put millions of Americans at risk so they can sell more software.
--
Garrett
Could you introduce the Ravelco dealer you’ve worked with in SoCal? I’m in Rowland Heights, near La Habra, CA. Is it the team from nohotwire.com? I’m looking for a reliable/ trustworthy installer in SoCal. Thank you for your help!I called in to chat with CA / AZ Ravelco. Their owner / operator there said all new devices have been designed to negate what is seen in that IGLA video.
Any existing Ravelco customers can get the update for $200.00.
Personally, Im not too worried about the trick that those Russian a**hats showed in the video. 99% of thieves dont even know what a Ravelco is, let alone how to bypass it.
If you want an intro to my Ravelco dealer just let me know. I know you're not on the west coast but they are good people and would be happy to set you up with a installer closer to you.
I sleep light a baby knowing that when I take that Ravelco "key" out, my truck/van/boat will be there in the morning. I could never sleep knowing that a software by a company overseas could just glitch or fail and leave myself and my family stranded. While I do have a distrust of Russian entities (and for good reason) my concern with IGLA is mostly because its software related. You cant beat a hardwired solution with software.... Even Ford's software glitches and they are lightyears beyond a simple Russian entity. Hearing the headaches of everyone's IGLA installs is notable. Plus, their theatrics putting many existing owners at risk is bad form if you ask me..
That said, everyone has the right to do whatever you want. If you want to install IGLA, or put on what some consider ugly wheels, hell paint your truck pink -- I really dont care. What I do care about is a business that is willing to stoop to that level and put millions of Americans at risk so they can sell more software.
--
Garrett
THe nohotwire people are the official distributor for California. I used them on my previous Tremor. Great work and the thing did what it was supposed to do.Could you introduce the Ravelco dealer you’ve worked with in SoCal? I’m in Rowland Heights, near La Habra, CA. Is it the team from nohotwire.com? I’m looking for a reliable/ trustworthy installer in SoCal. Thank you for your help!
Well, bit the bullet and went to the dark side. Got the IGLA installed today. Installation went pretty smooth. I believe this was the first 2024 6.7L that the installer has done. He worked with an installer in Texas in order to get everything done. Install took about 4 hours. I also got the Drone system installed as well.
Drone is a system that allows you to track. Also adds shock and tilt notifications. All controller/sent through an app on your phone.Thanks for the report. What is the drone system?
I Agree that the phone app can be a weak link but it’s so damn convenient to just hop in, start and shift into gear.Well, bit the bullet and went to the dark side. Got the IGLA installed today. Installation went pretty smooth. I believe this was the first 2024 6.7L that the installer has done. He worked with an installer in Texas in order to get everything done. Install took about 4 hours. I also got the Drone system installed as well. Decided against a full COmpustar system as people don't give a shit about alarms in DC. Installer walked me through everything and I am pretty comfortable with the system thus far. He refused to pair the phone because he thinks that is just one additional avenue for theft if I were to leave my phone in the vehicle etc. I looked up how to do it and tried it out. Will probably leave that feature off and utilize the pin. Installer was going to try and get the carjack feature set up (I was really hoping for this since I was almost carjacked earlier this year...long story). But with the way the system works in the trucks, he didn't want my truck to be a guinea pig. If he figures it out later, I may come back to get that update.
I had a Ravelco in my Jeep Trackhawk. I really don't care about remote start because I work where I can't have a cell phone and if I am close enough to use my key to remote start, it is pointless. But what really made me decide against Ravelco was that they really did not have an answer to the video of it being defeated other than the guy was a scumbag for pointing it out. Be that as it may, I really applaud companies that take their weaknesses and make them strengths and are open to doing so rather than make excuses.
I am usually one who would rather just have my vehicle stolen and just deal with the insurance. However, I have already spent so much in this truck that I'd rather it not be stolen lol.
Also, with the price of the Ravelco installed in my area coming in at $900, the $1200 price for the IGLA wasn't that much of a stretch.
And lastly, for those who say the Russians do software crappy etc etc, that couldn't be further from the truth. Take it for what it's worth, the Russians can do software VERY VERY well. Now, if shit hits the fan and they won't let me drive my truck, well, I'll probably just go somewhere and wait for the end to come.
My installer also installed a Drone. I get a lot of false alerts for the truck on/off. It's something with how the Drone connects to the canbus and haven't had the time to get it figured out. Will be interested to see if you have the same issue or if it is unique to my truckDrone is a system that allows you to track. Also adds shock and tilt notifications. All controller/sent through an app on your phone.
DroneMobile | Smartphone Remote Start, Security & GPS Tracking
DroneMobile connects your car to your smartphone for remote start, security, dash cam monitoring and GPS tracking.www.dronemobile.com