IGLA Anti-theft device

What continues to baffle me is that in an era where our trucks have touch screens that they haven't put in the ability to punch in a code on the screen to start the truck. Cell phones have had this for 15+ years now. Maybe I'm grossly underestimating the complexity of adding such a feature, but with our vehicles being increasingly software driven, how this feature hasn't made its way into the truck's OS is disappointing.
NNOOO, not another TWO-Step authentication! I have enough of that at work! I have the REVELCO now, so its my choice if I two-step it.
Maybe if it was able to use the SSID address on my phone and the factory key fob and some face recognition as you get in the truck and finger print scan on the steering wheel... I'm filing a patent.

Yes, I agree that it would make it tougher for the bad guys. But these are the days we live-in.
 
Just picked up the truck from Sound Evolution. Very happy with the system, the staff, and the work they did. I did ask specifically about the fobs being cloned like the key and I was told that it's not possible because of the way the fobs are paired.
 
I had my Igla installed a few weeks ago by a certified igla dealer in Phoenix. It wasn’t a seamless install but after going back in forth with Igla tech support and keeping my truck overnight they were able to get most of it ironed out. Has anyone else installed Igla on a MY 24 or 25 yet? From what i was told my truck was built in november 2024 and Igla ran into problems with the firmware. They were able to get the system installed and working but i’ll need to bring my truck back when Igla makes a Firmware update to the newer Super duty models.
All in all, i am impressed by the system and love the peace of mind it brings. I’ve been using the Fab currently but plan to go to the imputed code.
Couple notes that the firmware update will fix is my remote start is currently not working and i really enjoy using that feature.
If i'm using the input code and mess the timing (go to fast) or press a wrong button the truck will start throwing codes that clear with a reset of the ignition.
 
I had my Igla installed a few weeks ago by a certified igla dealer in Phoenix. It wasn’t a seamless install but after going back in forth with Igla tech support and keeping my truck overnight they were able to get most of it ironed out. Has anyone else installed Igla on a MY 24 or 25 yet? From what i was told my truck was built in november 2024 and Igla ran into problems with the firmware. They were able to get the system installed and working but i’ll need to bring my truck back when Igla makes a Firmware update to the newer Super duty models.
All in all, i am impressed by the system and love the peace of mind it brings. I’ve been using the Fab currently but plan to go to the imputed code.
Couple notes that the firmware update will fix is my remote start is currently not working and i really enjoy using that feature.
If i'm using the input code and mess the timing (go to fast) or press a wrong button the truck will start throwing codes that clear with a reset of the ignition.
Installed IGLA on a MY24 in May of ‘24 and no issues
 
Got my truck back and everything works as advertised. Very impressed with the installer spent a 1/2 hour just explaining the system this morning before he started the install, install was about 4 hrs. Said that there’s a new feature that was recently added, basically it adds a second layer to the system that I’m not getting into. This is a 24 platinum 6.7 tremor if that helps anyone. He did mention that the installers have a very active forum to help each other out with issues which is great to hear. Would post a picture but not sure of what, I have no clue where it’s located. Assume right side kick panel but not sure, will look when I install the high idle. I shouldn’t be able to find it but will look.
 
I had my Igla installed a few weeks ago by a certified igla dealer in Phoenix. It wasn’t a seamless install but after going back in forth with Igla tech support and keeping my truck overnight they were able to get most of it ironed out. Has anyone else installed Igla on a MY 24 or 25 yet? From what i was told my truck was built in november 2024 and Igla ran into problems with the firmware. They were able to get the system installed and working but i’ll need to bring my truck back when Igla makes a Firmware update to the newer Super duty models.
All in all, i am impressed by the system and love the peace of mind it brings. I’ve been using the Fab currently but plan to go to the imputed code.
Couple notes that the firmware update will fix is my remote start is currently not working and i really enjoy using that feature.
If i'm using the input code and mess the timing (go to fast) or press a wrong button the truck will start throwing codes that clear with a reset of the ignition.
That's how it went for me and then during the test drive I was able to break the system over and over again. It all worked in the driveway when they installed it, but a stress test drive around the block broke it. I do not recall exactly what I did, but pretty much start stop park shut off engine drive park shut off engine and so on and it broke. All in short sequence after another. A lot of dash lights turned on and then I was able to bypass the system.
 
That's how it went for me and then during the test drive I was able to break the system over and over again. It all worked in the driveway when they installed it, but a stress test drive around the block broke it. I do not recall exactly what I did, but pretty much start stop park shut off engine drive park shut off engine and so on and it broke. All in short sequence after another. A lot of dash lights turned on and then I was able to bypass the system.
Confused at what you mean by “break” the system? my installer ran into issues on where he needed to install the igla in the dash and having the right firmware for the late 24/25 MY but other then remote start currently disabled the system has been doing exactly what it’s intended to do.
 
That's how it went for me and then during the test drive I was able to break the system over and over again. It all worked in the driveway when they installed it, but a stress test drive around the block broke it. I do not recall exactly what I did, but pretty much start stop park shut off engine drive park shut off engine and so on and it broke. All in short sequence after another. A lot of dash lights turned on and then I was able to bypass the system.
Based on my (albeit limited) knowledge of the system, I'm not sure the system broke. The IGLA doesn't instantaneously re-arm when the vehicle is put into park or the engine shut off. It takes a few seconds, and for my truck, it is when the truck is in park, engine off and driver door opened.

So if you're doing as you've described in your test, I wonder if the speed in which you were going through different states is what led to you not giving the system time to re-arm itself, allowing for the truck to be put into drive and creating the appearance that the system failed. Can't explain the dash lighting up the way it did, but that could be unrelated or an error due to the timing issue of the system not being able to put itself into an armed state before going into drive which is likely to prevent arming.

I wonder if your stress test is a real-life scenario that a thief could replicate to get the system to "fail" since part of the scenario would seem to require the system to be legitimately disarmed along the way.

That said, I have yet to hear of any security mod that is 100% absolutely fail proof, but question if describing in any further detail how to bypass the system would help this community more or hurt it by putting it out there where Internet savvy thieves can learn another way to defeat what we've done to our trucks to try and prevent their theft. Meaning, not sure if any of my questions should be answered in a public forum. If the system can be defeated it hurts all of us to provide thieves the tutorial on how.
 
Based on my (albeit limited) knowledge of the system, I'm not sure the system broke. The IGLA doesn't instantaneously re-arm when the vehicle is put into park or the engine shut off. It takes a few seconds, and for my truck, it is when the truck is in park, engine off and driver door opened.

So if you're doing as you've described in your test, I wonder if the speed in which you were going through different states is what led to you not giving the system time to re-arm itself, allowing for the truck to be put into drive and creating the appearance that the system failed. Can't explain the dash lighting up the way it did, but that could be unrelated or an error due to the timing issue of the system not being able to put itself into an armed state before going into drive which is likely to prevent arming.

I wonder if your stress test is a real-life scenario that a thief could replicate to get the system to "fail" since part of the scenario would seem to require the system to be legitimately disarmed along the way.

That said, I have yet to hear of any security mod that is 100% absolutely fail proof, but question if describing in any further detail how to bypass the system would help this community more or hurt it by putting it out there where Internet savvy thieves can learn another way to defeat what we've done to our trucks to try and prevent their theft. Meaning, not sure if any of my questions should be answered in a public forum. If the system can be defeated it hurts all of us to provide thieves the tutorial on how.
I understand your concerns about my "stress test" and how close it comes to a real life situation. The system should not break and throw up a Christmas tree of lights. You want the system to work when your truck gets stolen.

Let's assume you get carjacked, you want the system to engage at one point - even if the carjack mode is not necessarily supported in our trucks (from my understanding it is not supported). But next time the truck gets powered off and on again, you hope that the system works.

That is where my stress test comes into play. You do not know what situation the thief is in and how they handle the truck. Will they power it off and grab a beer or will they stop somewhere, power it off for a moment and just to realize they need to keep moving and start the engine again? It did not take me long to break it and the IGLA system then permanently failed to re-engage and my dashboard was lit up with all different kind of errors. I was able to repeat this scenario several times while the IGLA guys were onsite.
 
I understand your concerns about my "stress test" and how close it comes to a real life situation. The system should not break and throw up a Christmas tree of lights. You want the system to work when your truck gets stolen.

Let's assume you get carjacked, you want the system to engage at one point - even if the carjack mode is not necessarily supported in our trucks (from my understanding it is not supported). But next time the truck gets powered off and on again, you hope that the system works.

That is where my stress test comes into play. You do not know what situation the thief is in and how they handle the truck. Will they power it off and grab a beer or will they stop somewhere, power it off for a moment and just to realize they need to keep moving and start the engine again? It did not take me long to break it and the IGLA system then permanently failed to re-engage and my dashboard was lit up with all different kind of errors. I was able to repeat this scenario several times while the IGLA guys were onsite.
Fair points. To be clear, it is disappointing to learn that there is at least one way to defeat the system. I just don't know of a better alternative. I think one of the advantages of the IGLA is that it is not obvious to a thief that the system exists. So in nearly all (but some extreme) cases the system should perform as intended. I do think your scenario is an extreme outlier. What is the alternative security product (aside from having a firearm) to address preventing the taking of your truck in a carjacking scenario?

I suppose if I am ever carjacked, I could just turn the truck off before exiting which would give the system sufficient time to re-arm and hope I can get away before the thief realizes they cannot put the truck into drive. That, or they take the truck and I'm happy to hopefully have kept my life.

My IGLA was set-up so that the system is always armed, so if the device is removed it would effectively immobilize the truck. I don't know if your stress test would work in that scenario. I concede that it is possible it could fail as you've experienced, but wondering if there are different ways to configure the system and one way leading to greater possibility of compromise versus another.

The carjack mode was an option my installer said they could add to my 23, so not sure about 24+. They advised against it as it becomes an annoyance for those who tow or do other things where they're getting in/out of the truck while its running and they uninstall almost all of the ones they install for that reason. I didn't think at the time to ask how the carjack mode works in relation to the phone app / key fob versus the inconvenience of having to put in the button code each time you open and close the driver's door. If I lived in a place where car jackings happened with some regularity, I would consider adding the car jack module on and deal with any resulting inconvenience.
 
I have the feeling that all the newer models will be more difficult to protect by IGLA. Ford makes it difficult to modify the computer systems (and rightfully so), but they also lock out good after-market modifications at the same time without offering a real alternative.

I would think adding a keycode option to prevent the vehicle from starting should be very easy to do for Ford. Audi showed this off in one of the Driver movies with Jason Statham. But then they would lose all that insurance business from our trucks being stolen and driven to Mexico 🤣 :p :mad:
 
I have the feeling that all the newer models will be more difficult to protect by IGLA. Ford makes it difficult to modify the computer systems (and rightfully so), but they also lock out good after-market modifications at the same time without offering a real alternative.

I would think adding a keycode option to prevent the vehicle from starting should be very easy to do for Ford. Audi showed this off in one of the Driver movies with Jason Statham. But then they would lose all that insurance business from our trucks being stolen and driven to Mexico 🤣 :p :mad:
I agree... why technology that's been in cell phones since the 1990s can't find its way into our trucks doesn't make sense to me.
 
Does anyone know if IGLA has figured out the start inhibit for +24 F250 6.7's ? I had my IGLA installed about 2 days after delivery of my '24 back in June of '24 and the installer said that the start inhibit would not function only the shifter lock. Does anyone know if IGLA figured this out ?
 
Had my 24 done about a month ago just shifter lock.
Same here. I absolutely love it just wish they could get the start inhibit to work like the f150’s
 
Same here. I absolutely love it just wish they could get the start inhibit to work like the f150’s

Why? Maybe I don’t understand the difference but blocking the shifter from going into gear does the job
 
Back
Top Bottom