IGLA Anti-theft device

IGLA installed….. Pretty slick
I might have missed something, last I knew the IGLA was having all kinds or problems on Fords. I guess they got that fixed?
I really would like to have the remote start option.
 
May I ask what you like about it ? And did you install the drone with it ? I’m seriously considering upgrading the factory alarm to it .
It keeps remote start function, no extra fob, and no visible traces of the unit itself. Start your engine, enter a custom 4 PIN code into your factory steering wheel buttons, it beeps and flashes the indicator lights on your dash only, and off you go. No code, it won’t shift out of park no matter what. They provide easy instructions to set it to valet or service mode, and they provide two keys that disable the alarm automatically by bringing the fob within proximity of the dash (drivers seat). I keep the IGLA fobs in a safe with the battery out. My wife will have access to the fob for emergencies.
Thieves can clone your key and start it. But not put it into gear. Only way they can take it is by tow truck.
 
Last edited:
I might have missed something, last I knew the IGLA was having all kinds or problems on Fords. I guess they got that fixed?
I really would like to have the remote start option.
Call up the guys at Sound Evolution in Houston. Extremely knowledgeable and very professional. They will answer any questions. Highly recommended.
 
I might have missed something, last I knew the IGLA was having all kinds or problems on Fords. I guess they got that fixed?
I really would like to have the remote start option.
I've had it on my 23 with no issues since 10/2023.
 
I’m going with it this time as opposed to the Ravelco on the last 2 trucks. I like the remote start and not having to carry something extra. Never had an issue with the Ravelco but like that the ILGA gives you remote start as it get cold here.
 
With Ravelco you cannot use any remote start features as it is a kill switch so the starter won't work without the key inserted. With the IGLA all remote functions are available.

If you don't use remote start, I suggest getting the Ravelco as it is about 1/2 the cost of the IGLA. If you want to maintain remote start, then then IGLA is the way to go. Both are solid products, so just really depends on this factor.
An even cheaper solution is a hidden kill switch that interrupts the starter, fuel pump, or whatever. A thief with a cloned key fob will be able to get in, and the dash will light up, but the truck won’t start unless/until he finds the switch, and there are many, many great ways to hide/rig the switch. Of course, no remote starting if you use this switch.
 
An even cheaper solution is a hidden kill switch that interrupts the starter, fuel pump, or whatever. A thief with a cloned key fob will be able to get in, and the dash will light up, but the truck won’t start unless/until he finds the switch, and there are many, many great ways to hide/rig the switch. Of course, no remote starting if you use this switch.
Definitely a good approach if you have the skills to do it and save the cost of buying a Ravelco.

I wish Ford included in its software a way to just punch in a code on the touchscreen to enable a full start, gear shift, etc... if our cell phones can do that for the last 15+ years just fine, why can't our vehicles have the same tech?
 
Definitely a good approach if you have the skills to do it and save the cost of buying a Ravelco.

I wish Ford included in its software a way to just punch in a code on the touchscreen to enable a full start, gear shift, etc... if our cell phones can do that for the last 15+ years just fine, why can't our vehicles have the same tech?
A buddy started a car audio store we supported for about 30 years. He’s since sold it and retired, but his former manager bought it, and we’ve know him forever too. It took him about an hour and $30 worth of switch, relay, and wire to rig the kill switch.

Anybody who installs car alarms can do this, as they are searching for the same wire to interrupt the ignition. After that it’s just a question of what you want to use for a. Switch and where you want it located. The only downsides are the inconvenience, if the switch is hard to access, and the fact that the relay draws a small amount of power, so it may not be a good fit for trucks that can sit for 30+ days without use.

A super savvy thief might think to pop the hood, find the wire, and jump the circuit, but all that makes noise and takes time. Most of our thieves are stupid and leery, so I’m counting on them wanting to move on.
 
Last edited:
There are also kill switches for fuses. They have a different purpose, but can be used for non-standard situations as well. Yes, easy to overcome, but anything that delays a thief is a win in my opinion.

By the way - on my 2024 fuse #33 in the passenger side fuse box disables almost anything in the truck - including the remote entry. Truck will not start nor will the dash light up. It is like a battery disconnect. One could connect a relay switch that has a remote to that fuse and disable it after you lock the truck.
 
Question for those that have the ILGA installed my installer says he prefers to use the buttons rather than the fob or phone 🤷🏻‍♂️ he said they both are hackable. Anything to be aware of?

I use the phone all the time, I’m not sure how hack able it is, but it’s using Bluetooth and doesn’t have a huge range.

The FOB I don’t use often, if I remember, I’ll grab the fob when I’m taking it in for service or something. When not in use I leave my fob in my safe
 
Question for those that have the ILGA installed my installer says he prefers to use the buttons rather than the fob or phone 🤷🏻‍♂️ he said they both are hackable. Anything to be aware of?
I can't imagine the fob or the phone are easily hackable otherwise the IGLA would be done as a security product and we'd hear a lot of stories about how vehicles with it were being stolen.

I would expect that the signal between the phone/fob and the IGLA module are encrypted and a sufficiently long code that the computing power and time needed to crack the code would be beyond what any thief would be able to do.

For argument sake, let's say that either were easy to hack. I don't know if the installer can enable or disable these options as ways to deactivate the system. The IGLA itself does not transmit any signal, but is likely always listening for the signal from the phone or fob. A thief would then need to know that you have the IGLA and be able to receive and clone the signal, which the fob has a range below 10 feet, Bluetooth a different story but the security pin required to pair would also prevent attacks.

I won't go as far as to say it is impossible, but would argue that it is highly improbable that someone could use those pathways to disable the device. Given the convenience of the two, I prefer to use those than the buttons. In reality, I only use the fob for service visits so I don't have to put the truck into service mode and largely rely on the app. Means I can't really ever valet the truck, but that's actually a problem I prefer to have as I don't want valets driving my truck.
 
Appreciate the explanation, coming from a Ravelco you just plug it in and are good to go. What I liked about the ILGA was that I wouldn’t have to carry a fob just use the phone or code, seems easy, since it sounds like something they can’t disable I will give the phone a try.
 
I had IGLA with Drone on my 22 Charger. Keypad entry is easy, just dont forget it. I had mine programmed for 9 key to start. Can go anywhere from 4 to 26.
 
What continues to baffle me is that in an era where our trucks have touch screens that they haven't put in the ability to punch in a code on the screen to start the truck. Cell phones have had this for 15+ years now. Maybe I'm grossly underestimating the complexity of adding such a feature, but with our vehicles being increasingly software driven, how this feature hasn't made its way into the truck's OS is disappointing.
 
Back
Top Bottom