IGLA Anti-theft device

My installer also installed a Drone. I get a lot of false alerts for the truck on/off. It's something with how the Drone connects to the canbus and haven't had the time to get it figured out. Will be interested to see if you have the same issue or if it is unique to my truck
I will definitely keep an eye out for that.
 
I reached out to IGLA to get an update. I am considering letting this go and get a Ravelco (@TRAMPER - you win). Apparently, they have something running on 4 trucks in Texas, but he did not provide details about functionality and how it is being done. Does not fill me with confidence at all. Also saw that engine tuners also have not cracked the code to get deeper into the system and I am pretty sure for the same reason as IGLA has failed.

I may pair Ravelco with a Drone tracking system, but not sure yet.

2024-10-25_18-15-55.webp
 
I reached out to IGLA to get an update. I am considering letting this go and get a Ravelco (@TRAMPER - you win). Apparently, they have something running on 4 trucks in Texas, but he did not provide details about functionality and how it is being done. Does not fill me with confidence at all. Also saw that engine tuners also have not cracked the code to get deeper into the system and I am pretty sure for the same reason as IGLA has failed.

I may pair Ravelco with a Drone tracking system, but not sure yet.

View attachment 176863
IMG_3276.webp

We win buddy, we win…. #DongleLife
 
I reached out to IGLA to get an update. I am considering letting this go and get a Ravelco (@TRAMPER - you win). Apparently, they have something running on 4 trucks in Texas, but he did not provide details about functionality and how it is being done. Does not fill me with confidence at all. Also saw that engine tuners also have not cracked the code to get deeper into the system and I am pretty sure for the same reason as IGLA has failed.

I may pair Ravelco with a Drone tracking system, but not sure yet.

View attachment 176863
I’m in Texas and have been running the iGLA no issues since April. I have a 2024
 
I paired my IGLA with a Drone MX... A Ravelco with a Drone would be a good alternative
 
RAVELCO all day long... No question. @TRAMPER knows.


Ive now had 15 installed and no issues yet. All current stock is resistant to that truck IGLA did in the video.
 
called in to chat with CA / AZ Ravelco. Their owner / operator there said all new devices have been designed to negate what is seen in that IGLA video.

Any existing Ravelco customers can get the update for $200.00.

All current stock is resistant to that truck IGLA did in the video

Garrett, are you even for real?

When you say “all new devices”, what do you mean exactly? Mid 2024 onwards?

Are you saying it actually took that one particular video for Ravelco to modify their entire system completely to bypass that type of threat shown in the video?

So thousands of existing customers prior to mid 2024 would have to pay $200 to upgrade their now vulnerable devices?
 
What is it that they do for the $200 “upgrade”? Replace the harness/socket and plug? Or the wiring where it is attached to the disabled systems so it won’t start? Or something else?
 
RAVELCO all day long... No question. @TRAMPER knows.


Ive now had 15 installed and no issues yet. All current stock is resistant to that truck IGLA did in the video.

I purchased one during their annual Christmas sale for my daughters new Telluride but then put it on hold until it was clarified if I was getting the “upgraded” system or the original.
 
What is it that they do for the $200 “upgrade”? Replace the harness/socket and plug? Or the wiring where it is attached to the disabled systems so it won’t start? Or something else?

It’s called SEM (Security Enhancement Module). Of course they didn't tell me how it works or what it does, but if i have to decipher - it negates what that IGLA guy did it his videos in a matter of minutes bypassing Ravelco with a $15 multi meter.

ONE GUY almost put Ravelco out of business, where they scrambled in a matter of months to come out with SEM. Isn’t that something!

My guy will charge $250 for SEM and i am going to get it. After i bypassed my own ravelco using the IGLA guy method i no longer feel as secure as i did before the IGLA guy. I use it, but i don’t trust it anymore.

Yea, it’s going to cost me another $250, and then the IGLA guy will bypass the SEM 1.0 and Ravelco installers will charge another $250 to install SEM 2.0.

That fucking IGLA guy should be given an 🥇.
 
It’s called SEM (Security Enhancement Module). Of course they didn't tell me how it works or what it does, but if i have to decipher - it negates what that IGLA guy did it his videos in a matter of minutes bypassing Ravelco with a $15 multi meter.

ONE GUY almost put Ravelco out of business, where they scrambled in a matter of months to come out with SEM. Isn’t that something!

My guy will charge $250 for SEM and i am going to get it. After i bypassed my own ravelco using the IGLA guy method i no longer feel as secure as i did before the IGLA guy. I use it, but i don’t trust it anymore.

Yea, it’s going to cost me another $250, and then the IGLA guy will bypass the SEM 1.0 and Ravelco installers will charge another $250 to install SEM 2.0.

That fucking IGLA guy should be given an 🥇.

Let us know when you have this done. I’m now curious if I should have this done.
 
Saw these recent posts, so I inquired with HillCountry Ravelco in Austin and with the Ravelco home office. Both told me there is no such thing as a recently introduced Security enhancement module, and that they stand behind the Ravelco as it stands. Probing with a multimeter is supposed to short the thing out, according to the home office. If it did not do so, perhaps a faulty install? @Alpoba, please let us know what your guy actually does to change up anything, given what the main office of Ravelco had to say about this.
 
Saw these recent posts, so I inquired with HillCountry Ravelco in Austin and with the Ravelco home office. Both told me there is no such thing as a recently introduced Security enhancement module, and that they stand behind the Ravelco as it stands. Probing with a multimeter is supposed to short the thing out, according to the home office. If it did not do so, perhaps a faulty install? @Alpoba, please let us know what your guy actually does to change up anything, given what the main office of Ravelco had to say about this.

That’s not very reassuring to hear, to say the least. Maybe the “home office” just doesn’t want to admit what the installers know and they (installers) don’t want to do the job for free for the existing customers. Both @gmoon and i would not have gotten erroneous info from different installers.

Perhaps SEM does short the thing out, but if my installer knows that my early 24 install doesn’t have it and that i need SEM…see where i am going with it


“With regards to the Security Enhancement Module (SEM), yes, we perform the upgrade with all new installations. If you would like the SEM implemented the cost is $250 "Out the Door" if you are bundled with Ravelco installations nearby depending on Scheduling, Availability, and Logistics”
 
That’s not very reassuring to hear, to say the least. Maybe the “home office” just doesn’t want to admit what the installers know and they (installers) don’t want to do the job for free for the existing customers. Both @gmoon and i would not have gotten erroneous info from different installers.

Perhaps SEM does short the thing out, but if my installer knows that my early 24 install doesn’t have it and that i need SEM…see where i am going with it


“With regards to the Security Enhancement Module (SEM), yes, we perform the upgrade with all new installations. If you would like the SEM implemented the cost is $250 "Out the Door" if you are bundled with Ravelco installations nearby depending on Scheduling, Availability, and Logistics”
No, I get it. I just want to know what the SEM is that they're going to install, as the home office says they haven’t authorized anything like that.
 
That’s not very reassuring to hear, to say the least. Maybe the “home office” just doesn’t want to admit what the installers know and they (installers) don’t want to do the job for free for the existing customers. Both @gmoon and i would not have gotten erroneous info from different installers.

Perhaps SEM does short the thing out, but if my installer knows that my early 24 install doesn’t have it and that i need SEM…see where i am going with it


“With regards to the Security Enhancement Module (SEM), yes, we perform the upgrade with all new installations. If you would like the SEM implemented the cost is $250 "Out the Door" if you are bundled with Ravelco installations nearby depending on Scheduling, Availability, and Logistics”
I know 2 Revelco installers, one very well, neither have heard of this so called upgrade. Also I am NOT concerned at all about the video showing a hack..99% of Ford Super Duty thief's if they encounter a Revelco or Igla system will just go to the next truck without a Revelco or IGLA. This topic has been beat to death..Haven't yet heard of a single Revelco or IGLA truck with either stolen on this forum. Oh, did I mention both of theses systems can be defeated.
 
I know 2 Revelco installers, one very well, neither have heard of this so called upgrade

This inconsistency is concerning. Can it be that the independent operators are doing this on their own cause they know whats up? I dunno, i’ll try to call my guy and get the details.

As far as the igla guy, after i started my truck using his method in under 5 minutes, i now know i can start your truck and other trucks, and if i can do it, so can anyone else who has seen his videos. So this new SEM is the only thing that will gain back my confidence.
 
Also with the recent correction with our issues on the southern boarder and with the cartel, i expect vehicle theft to be trending downward. Also the thief's still active aren't interested in 2022 and earlier models. More buyers for 23 and up parts.
 
That’s not very reassuring to hear, to say the least. Maybe the “home office” just doesn’t want to admit what the installers know and they (installers) don’t want to do the job for free for the existing customers. Both @gmoon and i would not have gotten erroneous info from different installers.

Perhaps SEM does short the thing out, but if my installer knows that my early 24 install doesn’t have it and that i need SEM…see where i am going with it


“With regards to the Security Enhancement Module (SEM), yes, we perform the upgrade with all new installations. If you would like the SEM implemented the cost is $250 "Out the Door" if you are bundled with Ravelco installations nearby depending on Scheduling, Availability, and Logistics”
@cntyguy

I am going to call the CA/AZ ravelco contact I have and get their comment on this rebuttable. Which number did you use to contact the "Home office"?

Thanks
 
I'm telling you guys, get the Viper. That damn snake scared me as a kid and it will scare a thief too!

1000015852.webp
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom