IGLA Anti-theft device

Some know (but many don’t) that this is a Russian operation with a sketchy Russian product. Morally, I have issues with that.

I have no position in this discussion between IGLA and Ravelco, but would hope those who have brought up the Russian aspect are consistent with their viewpoint. For example, not using Forscan to change anything on their vehicle. That is also a Russian company as has been stated before, actually by me, and probably in this thread. 🤷‍♂️

It is false that all Chinese or Russian entities are state owned. I have direct experience in this from my previous career. One can argue their own personal thoughts about the grey area that exists around this subject and the subsequent risk, but it becomes opinion-based at that point.
 
I have no position in this discussion between IGLA and Ravelco, but would hope those who have brought up the Russian aspect are consistent with their viewpoint. For example, not using Forscan to change anything on their vehicle. That is also a Russian company as has been stated before, actually by me, and probably in this thread. 🤷‍♂️

It is false that all Chinese or Russian entities are state owned. I have direct experience in this from my previous career. One can argue their own personal thoughts about the grey area that exists around this subject and the subsequent risk, but it becomes opinion-based at that point
Very well stated. Thank you
 
I definitely don’t use forescan on my truck. Not because they’re Russian but because just like IGLA I see the potential for problems in messing with software programming. I don’t like any of it.

And for phones???


Actually I’m lying, I’m using an IPhone but I think the Unplugged will be my next.
 
I personally question the interest so many are having with this.

Some know (but many don’t) that this is a Russian operation with a sketchy Russian product. Morally, I have issues with that.

Furthermore, the lack of ethics in their l organization based on their RAVELCO video says everything you need to know. It put millions of RAVELCO owners at risk.

All new RAVELCO’s have been revised and inhibit the trick shown in IGLA’s hacking video. For existing owners, you can pay $200.00 and get the update on your hardware.

Ask yourselves — do you want to support a Russian organization willing to put millions of American’s vehicles and equipment at risk just so they can sell more garbage?

I most certainly do not.

But everyone is entitled to their own opinion. What are your thoughts on this, given what I’ve shared above?

NOTE: I am not affiliated with RAVELCO in any way, however I have paid to have them installed in numerous personal and customer vehicles.
Just to clarify one point in your post... I recall a new installer in the Dallas area had posted a video of how to defeat a Ravelco. I haven't seen a video from IGLA themselves showing how to defeat competitors' products and they seem to largely rely on their installer network and word of mouth to drive business. That said, if IGLA has officially released such a video then it would be helpful to provide the link to it as that would likely be a factor for some in their decision of which product to give their business to.

I definitely agree that any video that show how to defeat security products are damaging to all of those product's customers, and consumers overall, and I hope the owner of Ravelco has taken action to address this with the aforementioned IGLA installer. Note that while I personally made the choice to install the IGLA, I continue to recommend the Ravelco for anyone considering security solutions. Just depends on your use case. The other factors you mentioned in your post are also something for buyers to determine if those are important to their decision.
 
well

some bad news

when in the grocery store. wrapped my fob in the aluminum foil. coming out with groceries, cart, on an incline grab the door handle out of habit & it unlocked

Faraday bag next🤞🤞🤞

something else I thought about

all the buttons, door handle & start button at least should be biometric
?????

Anyway, dealing with $hithats stealing trucks, sux!!!!!!!!!!!
 
I've put my Ravelco dongle in some IGLA hookers before and it worked. They can't stop p(u)ootin'! 🤪

1000008042.jpg
 
Last edited:
In all seriousness I will say this. @DTX2023Tremor installed one of the first IGLA security systems in the Lone Star State. Yes, they did run into a few glitches and spent several hours. But they did get everything figured out as far as I am aware it has worked flawlessly. Not sure what the current issues are or why there seem to be issues with the 2024 models. I am not a tech person so I will admit, that is my main reason for my opposition to it. Sometimes tech works, sometimes it dosen't. I have what I am comfortable with, that's it. I just wanted to clear the air. Hope it all gets resolved as our main goal is to defeat the thief, NOT one another PEACE!!!!
Hi. I own a 24. Ford F-350, 7.3L gas. Non-Tremor. I spent 3 hours trying to have a licensed IGLA Dealer install the system in my Super Duty. He was not successful. Could I get the name of the company who installed the IGLA on your truck, and the contact name and number would be greatly appreciated. My installer doesn’t have the firmware that will work. I am a little nervous putting Russian software in my truck, but if I can get it to work, I would be ok with it. Thank you.
 
I had an installer come out to my place, but the software update did fail and he said they are still working on the Super Duty. He could have installed it, but with limited functionality and no guarantee that the Super Duty would ever get a full-functioning version. So, I went the Ravelco route and I have been happy with it. The truck is still in my driveway ;-)
Hi. I tried installing IGLA on my 24 Super Duty and installer couldn’t do it. I have thought about Raveloco. Do you like the Ravelco system? Thank you.
 
MY24 with IGLA
6.7HO, KR trim
Built April 2024; IGLA installed last week of April at Earmark in Plano TX
A little over 2 hr install.
Highly recommend their shop
Is the Can bus system the same for the 24 Diesels as the 24 Gas. I have a 7.3L gas Super Duty, non tremor., a 24. Just trying to find someone who had it installed and it works. My IGLA installer couldn’t install it in my truck. Thank you.
 
Is the Can bus system the same for the 24 Diesels as the 24 Gas. I have a 7.3L gas Super Duty, non tremor., a 24. Just trying to find someone who had it installed and it works. My IGLA installer couldn’t install it in my truck. Thank you.
I’m not sure. I’m just the dumb end-user 🤷🏻‍♂️
But if you call the guys over at earmark they would absolutely know.
 
MY24 with IGLA
6.7HO, KR trim
Built April 2024; IGLA installed last week of April at Earmark in Plano TX
A little over 2 hr install.
Highly recommend their shop
Same spot I got mine
 
My IGLA installer will come out again tomorrow. He received an updated firmware for my truck. If it does not work tomorrow, I have already told him to disable the system as it is still active, but not doing anything. My Rossmonster conversion will start in early August and I will not see the truck again until late September. Hopefully by then they have this worked out.

So, keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrow.
 
Does it not concern anyone that Ford could issue an OTA update to our trucks that reintroduces this sort of malfunction?
 
IMG_3276.jpeg

Yes, yes it does…. I know we keep going back and forth on this and there’s a lot of joking around but that’s my biggest fear of a software based system. Not that the car will start when someone is trying to steal it, but that it won’t start someday when I need it too. And here we go again!
 
Hi. I own a 24. Ford F-350, 7.3L gas. Non-Tremor. I spent 3 hours trying to have a licensed IGLA Dealer install the system in my Super Duty. He was not successful. Could I get the name of the company who installed the IGLA on your truck, and the contact name and number would be greatly appreciated. My installer doesn’t have the firmware that will work. I am a little nervous putting Russian software in my truck, but if I can get it to work, I would be ok with it. Thank you.
I don't think my installer (or any for that matter) will be able to solve the issue on a 2024 MY truck as IGLA still seems to be working out the software for this year. Your installer needs to do what @Chris-DTA 's installer has done and contact the manufacturer and work with their development team to figure it out. It may also require the dev team to find a truck configured same as yours (year, trim, engine) to create the solution.

That said, if you think it could help, talk to Chris at https://www.4dautosolutions.com/ they're the team that installed mine and worked directly with IGLA to get the software programmed for my truck.
 
Does it not concern anyone that Ford could issue an OTA update to our trucks that reintroduces this sort of malfunction?
It's definitely a concern, but I am willing to take my chances and I consider it a minor risk. I also assume that IGLA would work on an update as well to bring the systems back together again. I
 
I don't think my installer (or any for that matter) will be able to solve the issue on a 2024 MY truck as IGLA still seems to be working out the software for this year. Your installer needs to do what @Chris-DTA 's installer has done and contact the manufacturer and work with their development team to figure it out. It may also require the dev team to find a truck configured same as yours (year, trim, engine) to create the solution.

That said, if you think it could help, talk to Chris at https://www.4dautosolutions.com/ they're the team that installed mine and worked directly with IGLA to get the software programmed for my truck.
I think once they have mine figured out, the firmware will be made available everywhere. "Problem" is - my truck will be unavailable for a couple months starting Saturday and they will need another truck to continue development unless they have it figured out and it works tomorrow.
 
I think once they have mine figured out, the firmware will be made available everywhere. "Problem" is - my truck will be unavailable for a couple months starting Saturday and they will need another truck to continue development unless they have it figured out and it works tomorrow.
Your experience makes me wonder if IGLA has further refined the software for the 23s and if I should go and see about a software update.
 
Back
Top Bottom