IGLA Anti-theft device

did some (learnin)
nearly gave me a headache
😂🤣😂🤣😂

if everyone's aware already sorry, but I haven't seen anything explaining the bottom line, nitty gritty???

seems the thieving bastards have amplifiers just like as "myboost" works. these amplifiers find key fob signals & amplify them so the keyless entry sensor thinks the fob right there. the scumbag holds the unlock button ( in our case, holds his hand in the door handle). if the amplifier boosts the cars fob, the door unlocks. then the car thinks the fob is in the car so a$$hats able to start the car & drive away. the vehicle is totally fooled until they are out of range for the signal boost. then the car knows, but for safety (liability) reasons the manufacturerts won't kill the cars just because the fob is no longer detected.

so

simple answer is a rfid bag, pouch or sleeve. something to block the fob rfid. that way it cannot be amplified. problem solved.

except, is it absolutely blocked enough to make it impossible to amplify????

I gotta admit, I can't answer that!!!!

I did Google, what blocks RFID. I got, copper is best, then carbon fiber, then aluminum. not positive of what all or most effective order. but I did do a test. took aluminum foil. the precut single sheet stuff. put my fob in it. folded it over for a double layer. then rolled my fob up in it. went out, worked normal. so, I though here we go googled (internet) bull$hit again. the internet article said like 3 layers is all you need. mine, doubled and rolled up was like 8 layers. so like I said, I thought crap!!!!! but stubborn bullhead I am I did the same thing with another sheet of aluminum foil. the truck sensor failed to sense the fob. wooohooo!!!!!!

added another sheet of foil just to be sure.

so I'm no expert, I'm not recommending anything, this advice us worth what you've paid for it. that said, feel free to setup a go fund me page and donate all you feel like!!!!!
😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣
thx thx thx

I am thinking this rfid block is the solution to the problem. from 3 sheets of aluminum foil, to a rfid blocking bag or pouch of your liking.

Anyway, for what it's worth.
sux having to deal with thievin $hitheads
 

Attachments

  • 20240720_234810.webp
    20240720_234810.webp
    518.5 KB · Views: 34
  • 20240720_234822.webp
    20240720_234822.webp
    298.6 KB · Views: 33
  • 20240720_235018.webp
    20240720_235018.webp
    359.1 KB · Views: 34
I have these pouches and use it consistently at home and when at hotels. I've tested to see if the truck will respond with a button press through the pouch and it will not. Key in the pouch is also not recognized when standing next to or in the truck (tested by trying to unlock door using handle and trying to start truck using push button).

Figure that it blocks transmission sufficiently to prevent cloning of the fob if none of the tests results in the truck taking action.
 
I have these pouches and use it consistently at home and when at hotels. I've tested to see if the truck will respond with a button press through the pouch and it will not. Key in the pouch is also not recognized when standing next to or in the truck (tested by trying to unlock door using handle and trying to start truck using push button).

Figure that it blocks transmission sufficiently to prevent cloning of the fob if none of the tests results in the truck taking action.
In all seriousness I will say this. @DTX2023Tremor installed one of the first IGLA security systems in the Lone Star State. Yes, they did run into a few glitches and spent several hours. But they did get everything figured out as far as I am aware it has worked flawlessly. Not sure what the current issues are or why there seem to be issues with the 2024 models. I am not a tech person so I will admit, that is my main reason for my opposition to it. Sometimes tech works, sometimes it dosen't. I have what I am comfortable with, that's it. I just wanted to clear the air. Hope it all gets resolved as our main goal is to defeat the thief, NOT one another PEACE!!!!
 
I personally question the interest so many are having with this.

Some know (but many don’t) that this is a Russian operation with a sketchy Russian product. Morally, I have issues with that.

Furthermore, the lack of ethics in their l organization based on their RAVELCO video says everything you need to know. It put millions of RAVELCO owners at risk.

All new RAVELCO’s have been revised and inhibit the trick shown in IGLA’s hacking video. For existing owners, you can pay $200.00 and get the update on your hardware.

Ask yourselves — do you want to support a Russian organization willing to put millions of American’s vehicles and equipment at risk just so they can sell more garbage?

I most certainly do not.

But everyone is entitled to their own opinion. What are your thoughts on this, given what I’ve shared above?

NOTE: I am not affiliated with RAVELCO in any way, however I have paid to have them installed in numerous personal and customer vehicles.
 
I personally question the interest so many are having with this.

Some know (but many don’t) that this is a Russian operation with a sketchy Russian product. Morally, I have issues with that.

Furthermore, the lack of ethics in their l organization based on their RAVELCO video says everything you need to know. It put millions of RAVELCO owners at risk.

All new RAVELCO’s have been revised and inhibit the trick shown in IGLA’s hacking video. For existing owners, you can pay $200.00 and get the update on your hardware.

Ask yourselves — do you want to support a Russian organization willing to put millions of American’s vehicles and equipment at risk just so they can sell more garbage?

I most certainly do not.

But everyone is entitled to their own opinion. What are your thoughts on this, given what I’ve shared above?

NOTE: I am not affiliated with RAVELCO in any way, however I have paid to have them installed in numerous personal and customer vehicles.
Garrett this is good info. I hadn’t heard about an update to the Dongle…. I googled…. Errrrr rather Duck Duck Go’ed Ravelco upgrade but came up empty. Do you have a link with any details about this?
 
I personally question the interest so many are having with this.

Some know (but many don’t) that this is a Russian operation with a sketchy Russian product. Morally, I have issues with that.

Furthermore, the lack of ethics in their l organization based on their RAVELCO video says everything you need to know. It put millions of RAVELCO owners at risk.

All new RAVELCO’s have been revised and inhibit the trick shown in IGLA’s hacking video. For existing owners, you can pay $200.00 and get the update on your hardware.

Ask yourselves — do you want to support a Russian organization willing to put millions of American’s vehicles and equipment at risk just so they can sell more garbage?

I most certainly do not.

But everyone is entitled to their own opinion. What are your thoughts on this, given what I’ve shared above?

NOTE: I am not affiliated with RAVELCO in any way, however I have paid to have them installed in numerous personal and customer i

I personally question the interest so many are having with this.

Some know (but many don’t) that this is a Russian operation with a sketchy Russian product. Morally, I have issues with that.

Furthermore, the lack of ethics in their l organization based on their RAVELCO video says everything you need to know. It put millions of RAVELCO owners at risk.

All new RAVELCO’s have been revised and inhibit the trick shown in IGLA’s hacking video. For existing owners, you can pay $200.00 and get the update on your hardware.

Ask yourselves — do you want to support a Russian organization willing to put millions of American’s vehicles and equipment at risk just so they can sell more garbage?

I most certainly do not.

But everyone is entitled to their own opinion. What are your thoughts on this, given what I’ve shared above?

NOTE: I am not affiliated with RAVELCO in any way, however I have paid to have them installed in numerous personal and customer vehicles.
I 100 % agree, well said!!
 
In all seriousness I will say this. @DTX2023Tremor installed one of the first IGLA security systems in the Lone Star State. Yes, they did run into a few glitches and spent several hours. But they did get everything figured out as far as I am aware it has worked flawlessly. Not sure what the current issues are or why there seem to be issues with the 2024 models. I am not a tech person so I will admit, that is my main reason for my opposition to it. Sometimes tech works, sometimes it dosen't. I have what I am comfortable with, that's it. I just wanted to clear the air. Hope it all gets resolved as our main goal is to defeat the thief, NOT one another PEACE!!!!
????
if anything I've posted that came across as an attack on anyone.....

that was not my intent!!!!!
by any means!!!!!
any a$$hat comments were refering to thievin bastards, not forum members

just making sure I'm not misunderstood
like most of my life!!!!!!
😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣
 
????
if anything I've posted that came across as an attack on anyone.....

that was not my intent!!!!!
by any means!!!!!
any a$$hat comments were refering to thievin bastards, not forum members

just making sure I'm not misunderstood
like most of my life!!!!!!
😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣
Your good zilla, no worries!
 
I personally question the interest so many are having with this.

Some know (but many don’t) that this is a Russian operation with a sketchy Russian product. Morally, I have issues with that.

Furthermore, the lack of ethics in their l organization based on their RAVELCO video says everything you need to know. It put millions of RAVELCO owners at risk.

All new RAVELCO’s have been revised and inhibit the trick shown in IGLA’s hacking video. For existing owners, you can pay $200.00 and get the update on your hardware.

Ask yourselves — do you want to support a Russian organization willing to put millions of American’s vehicles and equipment at risk just so they can sell more garbage?

I most certainly do not.

But everyone is entitled to their own opinion. What are your thoughts on this, given what I’ve shared above?

NOTE: I am not affiliated with RAVELCO in any way, however I have paid to have them installed in numerous personal and customer vehicles.
If I remember correctly the video that was made was done by an IGLA installer/dealer in the DFW area, I don't believe it was promoted by IGLA, but may be wrong. But the reckless abandon exhibited by this totally irresponsible IGLA dealer to sell more product and expose a competitor is inexcusable and juvenile at best.
 
Revelco is sketchy as well. The way they conduct business is all I need to know about them. Discriminating against a company solely based on them being based in another country is nothing more than racist. They are based in Russian not run by the Russian government. You might as well stop using most electronic devices since most of them are manufactured by our enemies.

Any thief that has learned enough to clone keys and many of the other simple methods they use probably already knew how to defeat a revelco if they even ever encountered one.

It is a simple electrical puzzle that is decades out of date and if far inferior to a simple hidden kill switch solution that only the owner/installer knows about.

I highly doubt their “updated” version is much better and they should have released it decades ago and they should provide it free to every one of their customers.

In the world of computer/software the releasing of bugs and flaws by both good and back hackers is how software is improved and things are made safer. Flaws in software and products that are hidden and not released do nothing more than create a false sense of security.

The video showing the fatal flaw of revelco is a good thing and can only force revelco to do better by forcing them to admit their flaws and making them improve their product. If I remember correctly the guy who did the video used to install revelco until he found what he believes is a better product and became a dealer for IGLA.
 
Revelco is sketchy as well. The way they conduct business is all I need to know about them. Discriminating against a company solely based on them being based in another country is nothing more than racist. They are based in Russian not run by the Russian government. You might as well stop using most electronic devices since most of them are manufactured by our enemies.

Any thief that has learned enough to clone keys and many of the other simple methods they use probably already knew how to defeat a revelco if they even ever encountered one.

It is a simple electrical puzzle that is decades out of date and if far inferior to a simple hidden kill switch solution that only the owner/installer knows about.

I highly doubt their “updated” version is much better and they should have released it decades ago and they should provide it free to every one of their customers.

In the world of computer/software the releasing of bugs and flaws by both good and back hackers is how software is improved and things are made safer. Flaws in software and products that are hidden and not released do nothing more than create a false sense of security.

The video showing the fatal flaw of revelco is a good thing and can only force revelco to do better by forcing them to admit their flaws and making them improve their product. If I remember correctly the guy who did the video used to install revelco until he found what he believes is a better product and became a dealer for IGLA.
If they are in Russia, they are run by the Russian government. Russia is a communist country and they have oversight over everything. Racist seems to apply to everything. I in no way see racism here. If you consider it racist, then I'm racist. By reading your post is all I need to know about you!
 
If they are in Russia, they are run by the Russian government. Russia is a communist country and they have oversight over everything. Racist seems to apply to everything. I in no way see racism here. If you consider it racist, then I'm racist. By reading your post is all I need to know about you!
As you type this on a device made in china. You should fear our own government more than a supposed Russian government control of a company in Russia.

Your constant negativity in posts is all I need to know about you!
 
As you type this on a device made in china. You should fear our own government more than a supposed Russian government control of a company in Russia.

Your constant negativity in posts is all I need to know about you!
Apparently you missed post number #268! Never said I trust the US government, love my country, question the government! Constant negativity?, I just speak truthfully.
 
Back
Top Bottom