IGLA Anti-theft device

Well, I hate to say it, but IGLA does not work in my 2024. I'm not sure if it did not work altogether or what, but it is not working. I contacted the installer and am waiting to hear back.

I am tempted to say that it reads the computer correctly, but it does fail to intercept and block the engine from starting. I can start the engine without entering the code or using the app and then the truck throws some error codes related to "the truck may not start", but the engine starts and I can drive away.

Disappointing!
 
Well, I hate to say it, but IGLA does not work in my 2024. I'm not sure if it did not work altogether or what, but it is not working. I contacted the installer and am waiting to hear back.

I am tempted to say that it reads the computer correctly, but it does fail to intercept and block the engine from starting. I can start the engine without entering the code or using the app and then the truck throws some error codes related to "the truck may not start", but the engine starts and I can drive away.

Disappointing!
IMG_3241.webp
 
Well, I hate to say it, but IGLA does not work in my 2024. I'm not sure if it did not work altogether or what, but it is not working. I contacted the installer and am waiting to hear back.

I am tempted to say that it reads the computer correctly, but it does fail to intercept and block the engine from starting. I can start the engine without entering the code or using the app and then the truck throws some error codes related to "the truck may not start", but the engine starts and I can drive away.

Disappointing!
Mine will start but will stall out when you put it in Drive.
 
Mine will start but will stall out when you put it in Drive.
Nice, mine will simply ignore IGLA, but from the error message I can tell that IGLA is doing something - just not successfully. The two pictures below show how it looks like when I simply start the truck with no code entered and the app disabled. The truck computer seems "confused" and says "Service soon".

PXL_20240719_170922245.webp


PXL_20240719_170919362.webp
 
Well, I hate to say it, but IGLA does not work in my 2024. I'm not sure if it did not work altogether or what, but it is not working. I contacted the installer and am waiting to hear back.

I am tempted to say that it reads the computer correctly, but it does fail to intercept and block the engine from starting. I can start the engine without entering the code or using the app and then the truck throws some error codes related to "the truck may not start", but the engine starts and I can drive away.

Disappointing!
I can start the engine without code but cannot shift into gear.
I understand you can shift into gear without the code??
 
Nice, mine will simply ignore IGLA, but from the error message I can tell that IGLA is doing something - just not successfully. The two pictures below show how it looks like when I simply start the truck with no code entered and the app disabled. The truck computer seems "confused" and says "Service soon".

View attachment 163749

View attachment 163748
IMG_3242.webp
 
This is how mine works.
That's how mine works as well. Can start using Ford Pass, Key, or push button... Can't shift without access code, fob, or app enabled
 
Nice, mine will simply ignore IGLA, but from the error message I can tell that IGLA is doing something - just not successfully. The two pictures below show how it looks like when I simply start the truck with no code entered and the app disabled. The truck computer seems "confused" and says "Service soon".

View attachment 163749

View attachment 163748
Did they not test it after the install? Very odd if not. My installer went with me on a drive to ensure everything was correct, especially since I drove in from out of town.
 
Last edited:
Never. But I may have to buy a beer for @OmahaBravo and get the details on his solution.
Happy to share the details regardless.

I prob should have never sold that LMM. I customized the heck out of it. Installed a Low-V disconnect to the 7-pin Aux circuit and ran all of my aftermarket component relays downstream of the LVD. Worked like a CHAMP!

Not sure if i'll install another LVD in this pickup. It only saved my bacon twice in the last pickup. Granted, i only have one battery now vs two then... we'll see.
 
Did they not test it after the install? Very odd if not. My installer went with me on a drive to ensure everything was correct, especially since I drove in from out of town.
We did not drive. I agree. We probably should have tested it. I watched them on my driveway cam here and there and also heard how many times they started the truck, so I felt convinced that they tested it out in the driveway. And at the moment, I barely drive anyway. Waiting for my Rossmonster Baja install before piling up miles (and I work from home so I do not have a need to drive at all).
 
I was 99% ready to pluck the trigger on the IGLA but with my tremor being at the dealer with BCM issues has me rethinking if I want someone messing with the temperamento electronics/ system of my truck. I definitely want an alarm system better than factory.
Damn I wish this was easy
 
This is pretty damn awesome. I had a ravelco on my TRX before I traded it in for my Tremor. The IGLA fanatics would drive me crazy. If I get anything, it will be another ravelco.
Oy, you dongle lovers have your own thread. Go take that stuff over there!

*Comment not intended to be a serious, please disregard if you don't care for my nonsense.
 
I still like the starter solenoid pre-relay but need to make certain there are no can-bus issues with that

my hillbilly fix
till yall get everthing figured out

remote start still works with this fix
:ROFLMAO: :LOL::ROFLMAO:
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20240720_142000_Gallery.webp
    Screenshot_20240720_142000_Gallery.webp
    82.7 KB · Views: 53
  • Screenshot_20240720_141946_Gallery.webp
    Screenshot_20240720_141946_Gallery.webp
    70.1 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
This is pretty damn awesome. I had a ravelco on my TRX before I traded it in for my Tremor. The IGLA fanatics would drive me crazy. If I get anything, it will be another ravelco.
Long live the dongle!!!
 
Long live the dongle!!!
Ahem...please refer to my prior post about taking your dongle love to the dongle lover thread. We are confident and don't need to have extra dongles on us or our rigs.

Dongle lovers can admire each other's dongles here:
Thread 'REVELCO INSTALL, 3 OPENINGS!!' https://www.fordtremor.com/threads/revelco-install-3-openings.17286/

Need protection for your dongle? Get a condom here:
Thread '📣 New Product: Ravelco Plug Protective Cap and Covers from Legmar LLC' https://www.fordtremor.com/threads/...tective-cap-and-covers-from-legmar-llc.18173/

Have questions about your dongle? Don't know what to name it? Try here:
Thread 'Ravelco thoughts after install' https://www.fordtremor.com/threads/ravelco-thoughts-after-install.11089/

This is the end of this public service message. Your regular dongle-less programming will resume with the next post.
 
Ahem...please refer to my prior post about taking your dongle love to the dongle lover thread. We are confident and don't need to have extra dongles on us or our rigs.

Dongle lovers can admire each other's dongles here:
Thread 'REVELCO INSTALL, 3 OPENINGS!!' https://www.fordtremor.com/threads/revelco-install-3-openings.17286/

Need protection for your dongle? Get a condom here:
Thread '📣 New Product: Ravelco Plug Protective Cap and Covers from Legmar LLC' https://www.fordtremor.com/threads/...tective-cap-and-covers-from-legmar-llc.18173/

Have questions about your dongle? Don't know what to name it? Try here:
Thread 'Ravelco thoughts after install' https://www.fordtremor.com/threads/ravelco-thoughts-after-install.11089/

This is the end of this public service message. Your regular dongle-less programming will resume with the next post.
I am very comfortable in my own dongle, it fits well, has no Russian friends, no China or North Korean buds! Isn't dependent on wearing software that only speaks Russian and unable to find a translator in southern California.
 
Back
Top Bottom