This is what I told the wife… long live the DongleWell. You’re certainly getting your moneys worth!!!!!!
#LongLiveTheDongle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
This is what I told the wife… long live the DongleWell. You’re certainly getting your moneys worth!!!!!!
#LongLiveTheDongle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#DongleLife"Long live the dongle"![]()
In case the Super Duty wins, I have a plan B in the making that does not include a dongle (or any other commercial solution), but that is all I am going to say.
#DongleLife
If I recall from my installation, my installer said that the wiring looms have different colors for wires from year to year and trim to trim. That makes it more difficult for them to identify the right wires to connect to computer and then there's the programming as well. When they solve it for your truck, it will open it up for all similar trucks to get it installed. My truck was the Guinea pig for the 2023s, but there was still some fine tuning that needed to be done for other trims.I wish I could tell. Mine is a gasser, Lariat Ultimate. From what the IGLA guys told me, each trim level may be different, too. It does not really make sense, but ...
It is actually not just the wiring looms, but in this case the data comms that have completely changed in the 2024s.If I recall from my installation, my installer said that the wiring looms have different colors for wires from year to year and trim to trim. That makes it more difficult for them to identify the right wires to connect to computer and then there's the programming as well. When they solve it for your truck, it will open it up for all similar trucks to get it installed. My truck was the Guinea pig for the 2023s, but there was still some fine tuning that needed to be done for other trims.
I think the programming team was working on my install for 4 - 5 days between the team in Russia and their other team in South America.
Sounds like a union shop.lol - I did not keep track![]()
![]()
.
It's definitely an investment of time and money for them. Just thinking how many folks have been involved already + always driving between Los Angeles and my place - this adds up. Today, there are 5 people onsite. Two are working; the other ones seem to be here for emotional support.
Where is Francisco located in CA?The never-ending story of getting IGLA installed has come to an end. Yay.![]()
It took them over 7 hours to get the 2024 F350 to cooperate with the system. The only feature that does not work is the anti carjacking mode, but that is a feature that I did not want to be active anyway.
I am not sure how quickly this makes it into production and when it becomes available, but I would expect it to be ready in the next few weeks. Currently, the IGLA team is visiting one customer per day for vehicles like mine that have some newer technology that is not cooperating with the IGLA system.
I talked for a while with the district manager/licensee for California, who was onsite as well. He explained to me the challenges with a lot of 2024 models from various manufacturers and how it differs to the cars made and sold in Europe. I do not want to write more publicly about it. I am sure if one wants to dig deep enough that they can find out, but why share it and make it easier to potentially defeat IGLA and put my truck at risk?!
Anyone here in SoCal – hit up Francisco. Great guy. Knows his stuff. Does fantastic work. Tell him Christoph sent you and he knows where you’re coming from. They mentioned the forum a few times today. PS: I am not getting a commission if you go to Francisco. Just happy to support him.
Francisco Anguiano
F & A Services, LLC
(562) 583-4315
[email protected]
California’s Exclusive Retailer for IGLA
It seems they weren't russian and took their timeThe never-ending story of getting IGLA installed has come to an end. Yay.![]()
It took them over 7 hours to get the 2024 F350 to cooperate with the system. The only feature that does not work is the anti carjacking mode, but that is a feature that I did not want to be active anyway.
I am not sure how quickly this makes it into production and when it becomes available, but I would expect it to be ready in the next few weeks. Currently, the IGLA team is visiting one customer per day for vehicles like mine that have some newer technology that is not cooperating with the IGLA system.
I talked for a while with the district manager/licensee for California, who was onsite as well. He explained to me the challenges with a lot of 2024 models from various manufacturers and how it differs to the cars made and sold in Europe. I do not want to write more publicly about it. I am sure if one wants to dig deep enough that they can find out, but why share it and make it easier to potentially defeat IGLA and put my truck at risk?!
Anyone here in SoCal – hit up Francisco. Great guy. Knows his stuff. Does fantastic work. Tell him Christoph sent you and he knows where you’re coming from. They mentioned the forum a few times today. PS: I am not getting a commission if you go to Francisco. Just happy to support him.
Francisco Anguiano
F & A Services, LLC
(562) 583-4315
[email protected]
California’s Exclusive Retailer for IGLA
Los Angeles area - which is quite a drive to come to my place. But I think they are training/bringing on more installers and seem to have assigned territories now, too.Where is Francisco located in CA?
How are you liking it so far? Everything working correctly?Los Angeles area - which is quite a drive to come to my place. But I think they are training/bringing on more installers and seem to have assigned territories now, too.
@Chris-DTA cant respond he got black bagged for having 6 Russians continually visiting his house. HahahahahaHow are you liking it so far? Everything working correctly?
Well. You’re certainly getting your moneys worth!!!!!!
#LongLiveTheDongle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And 2 from China and1 from North Korea@Chris-DTA cant respond he got black bagged for having 6 Russians continually visiting his house. Hahahahaha
@Chris-DTA cant respond he got black bagged for having 6 Russians continually visiting his house. Hahahahaha
lol - be aware I live in a neighborhood full of ex-Marines. My neighbor just asked what was going with my truck yesterday and I explained that one would need to bring a tow truck to take my truck if they wanted to steal my truck. His response? "I've got all the guns we need to turn them into swiss cheese" .And 2 from China and1 from North Korea![]()
I literally only use the key fob when taking the truck for service or when I know I have to valet it. Otherwise , the app and code works for me.lol - be aware I live in a neighborhood full of ex-Marines. My neighbor just asked what was going with my truck yesterday and I explained that one would need to bring a tow truck to take my truck if they wanted to steal my truck. His response? "I've got all the guns we need to turn them into swiss cheese" .
Anyway, the system seems to work as advertised. I got the app on the phone and it is literally just getting into the truck as before and drive away. Tomorrow, I'll try the code. The keyfob on the other side is not what I had expected. It is small (#takethatdamdongleloverTramper @TRAMPER )![]()
, but apparently it drains the CR2032 battery really fast. I may just keep one inside the console safe hidden away, but battery unplugged - for emergencies. But too early to tell. Once I have a better feel for this, I may not even bother to look at the keyfob ever again.
No such thing as an X Marine!lol - be aware I live in a neighborhood full of ex-Marines. My neighbor just asked what was going with my truck yesterday and I explained that one would need to bring a tow truck to take my truck if they wanted to steal my truck. His response? "I've got all the guns we need to turn them into swiss cheese" .
Anyway, the system seems to work as advertised. I got the app on the phone and it is literally just getting into the truck as before and drive away. Tomorrow, I'll try the code. The keyfob on the other side is not what I had expected. It is small (#takethatdamdongleloverTramper @TRAMPER )![]()
, but apparently it drains the CR2032 battery really fast. I may just keep one inside the console safe hidden away, but battery unplugged - for emergencies. But too early to tell. Once I have a better feel for this, I may not even bother to look at the keyfob ever again.
Valid point. Once a marine ... Thank you for your service!No such thing as an X Marine!
I cannot take that credit, I know many former Marines, therefore aware most aren't fond of the "X" tag. I served as a first responder many years, now I just organize, have "Lunch", and a occasional nap!!Valid point. Once a marine ... Thank you for your service!credit
exactly what i did on my LMM... tapped the wire coming out of the ECM that sends the signal to the starter relay in the fuse box. Ran this line to a hidden reed switch which i used a magnet to flip.reading all these fancy no start systems with their headaches and asked the dealer when I picked up mine after the horn repair. they don't recomend anything, due to the chance of damaging something with all the electronics on these things anymore.
you would loose remote start but just put a relay in the starter power line. hidden switch or one on your upfitter switches would need turned on to close the relay circuit. with it off, no power to the srarter. truck would not crank. with it on, power to the starter, normal, also nothing else electrically affected.
essentially a pre-solenoid to the starter.
would actually work or not.