IGLA Anti-theft device

The dongle as you call it does not bother me in the least, have plenty of room for it. It's going to take more than a casual thief to go through all the motions which will take more time than most thief's are willing to take, it's all about being quick. Software based systems can also and have been defeated if given enough time. 300K, wow quite the investment, can't imagine 😳 what you have done to reach that plateau.
$300K not yet, but end of September ;-).

I know what you're saying regarding all the systems and that with enough time they can be beat. One would probably need a combo of Ravelco and IGLA to really make it difficult. I will go Ravelco last minute unless IGLA comes around before then. I am exploring custom kill switch solutions as well. I still have a bit of time, but once my Rossmonster conversion is complete I want peace of mind. Either way, my truck will get something - TBD where I end up with this.
 
$300K not yet, but end of September ;-).

I know what you're saying regarding all the systems and that with enough time they can be beat. One would probably need a combo of Ravelco and IGLA to really make it difficult. I will go Ravelco last minute unless IGLA comes around before then. I am exploring custom kill switch solutions as well. I still have a bit of time, but once my Rossmonster conversion is complete I want peace of mind. Either way, my truck will get something - TBD where I end up with this.
To be honest the biggest theft deterrent you have with your build is the build itself. Thief's are not going to steal a one off vehicle that is so easily identified.
 
Those of you who have the IGLA installed what buttons are you able to use for the codes?

Also who uses the app and has an iPhone?

Just had it installed yesterday and I think I need to go back and have it looked at.
 
Those of you who have the IGLA installed what buttons are you able to use for the codes?

Also who uses the app and has an iPhone?

Just had it installed yesterday and I think I need to go back and have it looked at.
I’m able to use the buttons for cruise control on left side of steering wheel. I was told these are the only buttons for ‘22 model year.

I have an iPhone and use the app.
 
Last edited:
Those of you who have the IGLA installed what buttons are you able to use for the codes?

Also who uses the app and has an iPhone?

Just had it installed yesterday and I think I need to go back and have it looked at.
Unfortunately, they don't provide a list of the buttons that can work. from what I understand, it is a few on the steering wheel, some on the center console, and possibly some on the driver's door. My installer said it varies year by year what buttons will work. If you go into the change code procedure you can see what buttons register (if they installed an LED light somewhere it will flash).
 
Thanks guys.


I’m able to use the buttons for cruise control on left side of steering wheel. I was told these are the only buttons for ‘22 model year.

I have an iPhone and use the app.

What version of iOS are you running?

When you paired your iPhone did you do it in the Bluetooth settings of the phone or in the app? When I do it in the settings iOS wants me to enter a code on the IGLA which I don’t believe is possible and not the code on the IGLA card.
 
Thanks guys.




What version of iOS are you running?

When you paired your iPhone did you do it in the Bluetooth settings of the phone or in the app? When I do it in the settings iOS wants me to enter a code on the IGLA which I don’t believe is possible and not the code on the IGLA card.
iOS 17.5.1

I forget how I did it, but I too ran into the same issue as you did. Whatever I stumbled upon was not intuitive or obvious.
 
Thanks guys.




What version of iOS are you running?

When you paired your iPhone did you do it in the Bluetooth settings of the phone or in the app? When I do it in the settings iOS wants me to enter a code on the IGLA which I don’t believe is possible and not the code on the IGLA card.
Look on page 18 of the owners manual for how to pair your phone. It worked for me when I upgraded my phone (although I have a Samsung).
 
Thanks guys.




What version of iOS are you running?

When you paired your iPhone did you do it in the Bluetooth settings of the phone or in the app? When I do it in the settings iOS wants me to enter a code on the IGLA which I don’t believe is possible and not the code on the IGLA card.
I think this is the video I used. And btw, my service button (mentioned in the video) is the cruise control 'OFF' button. Took me awhile to figure it out.

 
I saw this last week. There is a new (non-IGLA) product coming that uses a button sequence as well. If you have a "pheasant" truck (@TRAMPER ) you can probably use their classic version. For the rest of us, they hope to have the Pro version ready by the end of the year (I talked to them).

 
I saw this last week. There is a new (non-IGLA) product coming that uses a button sequence as well. If you have a "pheasant" truck (@TRAMPER ) you can probably use their classic version. For the rest of us, they hope to have the Pro version ready by the end of the year (I talked to them).

I'm going to assume the owner will be able to install it without much difficulty. Wonder if it will effect the Ford Pass at all.
 
I'm going to assume the owner will be able to install it without much difficulty. Wonder if it will effect the Ford Pass at all.
My guess is it is not going to be compatible with the remote start feature.
 
iOS 17.5.1

I forget how I did it, but I too ran into the same issue as you did. Whatever I stumbled upon was not intuitive or obvious.

Look on page 18 of the owners manual for how to pair your phone. It worked for me when I upgraded my phone (although I have a Samsung).

I think this is the video I used. And btw, my service button (mentioned in the video) is the cruise control 'OFF' button. Took me awhile to figure it out.


Thanks for the help guys. Figured it out. Cruise on/off was the service button and pushing it after going into the code change mode let the app detect and pair.

Dealer (Sound Waves inc in Memphis) was helpful when I called. My dad took it in for install and didn’t quite understand and remember everything so that caused the confusion.

Happy with the system so far and we will see how it goes.

I can also confirm the iOS app works and pairs with the IGLA running the iOS 18 dev beta so you should all be good to update when it’s released.
 
I would take that any day actually. The big ass dongle is just what is bugging me the most.

I’m gonna start a Ravelco support page that is pro dongle!


#donglelife
#savethedongle
#dongleistheway

Hahahahaha…. For real I know it bothers some, like you apparently but that’s my favorite part of the system it’s mechanical.

I explained this offline in a private message but having the experience that I do in mechanical and electrical what I like about the dongle is the simplicity and effectiveness.

While I don’t doubt the software based systems and their ability to immobilize a vehicle my fear always was if some kind of problem or bug happens and I can’t start my vehicle and I’m left stranded.

I’ll take the dongle and simplicity all day everyday. But fwiw I do understand why people want other devices.
 
I almost lost the dongle at the beach one day. Scary as f*ck. I am so picky and keeping track of these type of things and it fell out of my pocket. #ravelcodonglessuck

On a more serious note - just got an email from IGLA asking if I am available on Sunday morning. Looks like their development team is here and they want to work on my truck. I am waiting for confirmation, but this gets me excited. Fingers crossed :)
 
I almost lost the dongle at the beach one day. Scary as f*ck. I am so picky and keeping track of these type of things and it fell out of my pocket. #ravelcodonglessuck

On a more serious note - just got an email from IGLA asking if I am available on Sunday morning. Looks like their development team is here and they want to work on my truck. I am waiting for confirmation, but this gets me excited. Fingers crossed :)
You get 2 caps from Revelco, where was the spare?
 
Last edited:
I almost lost the dongle at the beach one day. Scary as f*ck. I am so picky and keeping track of these type of things and it fell out of my pocket. #ravelcodonglessuck

On a more serious note - just got an email from IGLA asking if I am available on Sunday morning. Looks like their development team is here and they want to work on my truck. I am waiting for confirmation, but this gets me excited. Fingers crossed :)
My dongle is always in my pants. It just hangs there until the right moment. The day my dongle stops working is the day my life ends.
 
You get 2 caps from Revelco, where was the spare? My spare is hidden in my truck, so if I were to lose it, not an issue. Just saying!
Thanks for telling me. Can't wait to go to Texas and leave with another Tremor 🤪
 
Back
Top Bottom