IGLA Anti-theft device

Now it’s not only Russian roots but North Korea as well, since they’ve entered into their tough guy agreements. Mine is able to sit in my garage and where I live they haven’t become smart enough to steal Super Duty’s. Yet. I agree, I would avoid anything with Russian involvement, especially concerning anything that has to do with security.
 
I get the remote start arguments…. But all these reasons just reinforce why I bought a Ravelco. I have been 100% happy with it, and I truly enjoy the mechanical simplicity.
 
I get the remote start arguments…. But all these reasons just reinforce why I bought a Ravelco. I have been 100% happy with it, and I truly enjoy the mechanical simplicity.
I'm 100% with you Tramp!
 
I regret the Ravelco install, but wasn’t sure about anything else on the market for the 24s. Mostly leave the plug in as I use remote start anytime I drive the truck and the ambient temp is over 80ish. Once something else hits the market, will see about swapping it out.
 
I regret the Ravelco install, but wasn’t sure about anything else on the market for the 24s. Mostly leave the plug in as I use remote start anytime I drive the truck and the ambient temp is over 80ish. Once something else hits the market, will see about swapping it out.
My IGLA works fine on my ‘24
 
I regret the Ravelco install, but wasn’t sure about anything else on the market for the 24s. Mostly leave the plug in as I use remote start anytime I drive the truck and the ambient temp is over 80ish. Once something else hits the market, will see about swapping it out.
 
I regret the Ravelco install, but wasn’t sure about anything else on the market for the 24s. Mostly leave the plug in as I use remote start anytime I drive the truck and the ambient temp is over 80ish. Once something else hits the market, will see about swapping it out.
I too live in Texas, don't miss the use of remote start. My truck is plenty cool in 3 min @ 100+, and it's still where I parked it!! No way I'm giving money to Russia or North Korea period.
 
I too live in Texas, don't miss the use of remote start. My truck is plenty cool in 3 min @ 100+, and it's still where I parked it!! No way I'm giving money to Russia or North Korea period.
We are all entitled to our choices. I prefer using remote start and not real concerned about the software. We would probably all be surprised (or not) how much more of a threat China is than either of the two you mentioned and they are in way more of our products.
 
We are all entitled to our choices. I prefer using remote start and not real concerned about the software. We would probably all be surprised (or not) how much more of a threat China is than either of the two you mentioned and they are in way more of our products.

I still need to investigate more… but I was seeing my truck communicating with China IP’s for sync updates. I thought I had ruled it out as a false positive, but it appears to have shown up again on my firewall logs
 
I too live in Texas, don't miss the use of remote start. My truck is plenty cool in 3 min @ 100+, and it's still where I parked it!! No way I'm giving money to Russia or North Korea period.
That's because you wake up at 5:00 a m. when it's nice and cool out! 🤪
 
Last edited:
I still need to investigate more… but I was seeing my truck communicating with China IP’s for sync updates. I thought I had ruled it out as a false positive, but it appears to have shown up again on my firewall logs
That is probably Ford selling our data to China. Lol. Nothing to see here
 
No way I'm giving money to Russia or North Korea period.
For those that didn't already know, tying this comment into the other thread on IGLA:


Just wanted to present the facts so everyone can establish a consistent, informed, strategy regarding Forscan, too.
 
For those that didn't already know, tying this comment into the other thread on IGLA:


Just wanted to present the facts so everyone can establish a consistent, informed, strategy regarding Forscan, too.
The Russian ties to IGLA initially made me say I wasn’t going to do go with that solution, but I eventually decided to do so given the options available and probability of mine being stolen.

I don’t blame folks who have concerns about this and decide to go with a different solution
 
The Russian ties to IGLA initially made me say I wasn’t going to do go with that solution, but I eventually decided to do so given the options available and probability of mine being stolen.

I don’t blame folks who have concerns about this and decide to go with a different solution
Understood. I just wanted to reiterate that if someone is against this (and I get why some may be, even though I don't see it as a concern) they shouldn't be using forscan either...
 
Understood. I just wanted to reiterate that if someone is against this (and I get why some may be, even though I don't see it as a concern) they shouldn't be using forscan either...
At the end of the day, I believe our adversaries have the ability to control our infrastructure when they deem necessary, at that point our vehicles will be the least of our concern, just being real.
 
At the end of the day, I believe our adversaries have the ability to control our infrastructure when they deem necessary, at that point our vehicles will be the least of our concern, just being real.
100%. FCK Russia, NK, China and the rest of them. But to be fair in my lifetime there’s only been one government that’s oppressed me….

Cyber attacks happen every single day in our country. I worked in Nuclear Power generation for a good part of my career, normal people would be shocked just how venerable the grid as a whole is…

I hope I never see any of what I know could happen any day.
 
Last edited:
Good luck!! Everyone gotta have the latest, not the proven!
I had the Ravelco on my old rig. I hate how large the stupid dongle is. And apparently it is now defeated. It probably stops the casual theft, but if someone really wanted my $300K truck a Ravelco would not stop them.
 
I had the Ravelco on my old rig. I hate how large the stupid dongle is. And apparently it is now defeated. It probably stops the casual theft, but if someone really wanted my $300K truck a Ravelco would not stop them.

I had the Ravelco on my old rig. I hate how large the stupid dongle is. And apparently it is now defeated. It probably stops the casual theft, but if someone really wanted my $300K truck a Ravelco would not stop them.
The dongle as you call it does not bother me in the least, have plenty of room for it. It's going to take more than a casual thief to go through all the motions which will take more time than most thief's are willing to take, it's all about being quick. Software based systems can also and have been defeated if given enough time. 300K, wow quite the investment, can't imagine 😳 what you have done to reach that plateau.
 
The dongle as you call it does not bother me in the least, have plenty of room for it. It's going to take more than a casual thief to go through all the motions which will take more time than most thief's are willing to take, it's all about being quick. Software based systems can also and have been defeated if given enough time. 300K, wow quite the investment, can't imagine 😳 what you have done to reach that plateau.
I know…. But I won’t spoil the surprise. I can’t wait to see his rig when it’s done. And yes that’s likely a real number lol.
 
Back
Top Bottom