Well, this is taking much longer than anticipated and maybe even carries the unfortunate crown of the longest IGLA install ever. I am becoming a bit doubtful about this at this point.
Today, the system was supposed to be fully installed. Two weeks ago, they scanned and downloaded my truck's software to give it to engineering. That day, they spent 4-5 hours onsite. They came back today after receiving the updated firmware from engineering on Tuesday. Engineering was even on standby for minor tweaks if needed.
Three guys showed up today. One did absolutely nothing. One of the other two did the majority of the work. He spent hours inside the truck, very little under the hood if at all. The second guy became involved later in the process. Through my driveway camera, it looked like it was progressing, but I was wrong. They started at 8.30 AM and left after 1.00 PM.
It has to go back to engineering again for more tweaks. They also need to pick up different tape to masquerade the wiring correctly. Apparently, my truck has a different tape color?!
I actually have the feeling, my truck is being used by IGLA as the master template for the 2024s. Otherwise I cannot explain why I still don't have a working IGLA system installed. Based on the number of hours they spent onsite, there is no way that this can be profitable unless they change the pricing on me (at that point they can uninstall it and take it with them).
As mentioned, I am doubtful. Did I make the right decision to go with an IGLA system? Is this actually an IGLA problem, or is it the installer?