Nice! Tell Johnny that Trey, the guy who just brought in the White Tremor last week, mentioned him and Earmark hereI have an appt at earmark this Thursday. Picking the truck up in Dallas and driving straight there for the install!
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Nice! Tell Johnny that Trey, the guy who just brought in the White Tremor last week, mentioned him and Earmark hereI have an appt at earmark this Thursday. Picking the truck up in Dallas and driving straight there for the install!
Will do!Nice! Tell Johnny that Trey, the guy who just brought in the White Tremor last week, mentioned him and Earmark here
This might come in handy when the cyber attack occurs!!You guys realize you have a Russian kill switch in your truck? Nothing against Russians personally.
Just the opposite.This might come in handy when the cyber attack occurs!!
IGLA trucks may be the only ones that still function!!
![]()
IGLA install at Earmark in Plano completed today. Install took them right at 2 hrs
Johnny definitely knows his stuff. Highly recommend them
Is yours a 2021?He will take care of you with any issues as well. My Igla was initially pulling a hard drain on the battery, would have them down to 9 volts after roughly 12 hours, put it in service mode and the drain went away which isolated it to the Igla. I called Johnny, took it by Earmark and he emailed them right away, turns out the firmware I had installed wasn't letting the can-bus system go to sleep. Within 3 days he had an updated firmware and no issues since. I think I was the first on here to use Earmark and still highly recommend. I'm ok with something having an issue so long as the manufacturer and the dealer (in this case Earmark) will take care of whatever the issue is, I mean things happen. Some on here have complained about Igla being a Russian company, but as I mentioned, within 3 days they developed a new firmware which took care of the can-bus issue and it works perfectly now.
2024Is yours a 2021?
He will take care of you with any issues as well. My Igla was initially pulling a hard drain on the battery, would have them down to 9 volts after roughly 12 hours, put it in service mode and the drain went away which isolated it to the Igla. I called Johnny, took it by Earmark and he emailed them right away, turns out the firmware I had installed wasn't letting the can-bus system go to sleep. Within 3 days he had an updated firmware and no issues since. I think I was the first on here to use Earmark and still highly recommend. I'm ok with something having an issue so long as the manufacturer and the dealer (in this case Earmark) will take care of whatever the issue is, I mean things happen. Some on here have complained about Igla being a Russian company, but as I mentioned, within 3 days they developed a new firmware which took care of the can-bus issue and it works perfectly now.
Besides the first post of this thread, where can I find a list of authorized installers?
Good luck!! Everyone gotta have the latest, not the proven!Talked to the IGLA installer and they still don't have any updates regarding the issues with my truck. They had originally said that some IGLA software developers will come to Los Angeles to tackle several makes and models that they are having problems with. This is now supposed to happen in July. I wonder if these are the Russian developers not getting a visa for the US (or they got caught trying to cross border down south from TJ into San Diego![]()
).
I give it a few more weeks, but have to really look at alternatives. Besides Ravelco there is something called Starline i96 immobilizer. Two months ago they had the same problem as IGLA. Will reach out to them as well now. Has anyone used them previously?
Get Viper! That commercial scared me so much as a kid, it prevented me from breaking into a car. The commercial did more than the alarm. I mean, look at those fangs! And those eyes. Scarrrrry
View attachment 160688
I have a Starline i96 sitting in a box. No installers and didn’t want to figure it out myself. Only cost $200 or so, so I don’t mind buying it to see if I could tackle it. The install actually doesn’t seem too bad, but then when it comes to programming the truck, or downloading the correct software for the truck you have, that gets tricky. So it sits in the box, and I dream of having something like it. When you all started talking about IGLA I was pumped because that’s exactly what the Starline is supposed to do. I will never do Ravelco because I hate extra keys, having to use keys, and I will not give up remote start capability in the 110+ degree AZ heat!Talked to the IGLA installer and they still don't have any updates regarding the issues with my truck. They had originally said that some IGLA software developers will come to Los Angeles to tackle several makes and models that they are having problems with. This is now supposed to happen in July. I wonder if these are the Russian developers not getting a visa for the US (or they got caught trying to cross border down south from TJ into San Diego![]()
).
I give it a few more weeks, but have to really look at alternatives. Besides Ravelco there is something called Starline i96 immobilizer. Two months ago they had the same problem as IGLA. Will reach out to them as well now. Has anyone used them previously?
I totally understand and respect your views, especially the 110 degree heat. My issue is my ignorance when it comes to software based systems, not necessarily the Starline as that is new to me. I will NEVER buy anything that has roots in Russia, for sure not a security system, unfortunately I end up with a lot of stuff manufacturered in China but that's extremely hard to avoid, ie, cell phones. But I try to control what I can control.I have a Starline i96 sitting in a box. No installers and didn’t want to figure it out myself. Only cost $200 or so, so I don’t mind buying it to see if I could tackle it. The install actually doesn’t seem too bad, but then when it comes to programming the truck, or downloading the correct software for the truck you have, that gets tricky. So it sits in the box, and I dream of having something like it. When you all started talking about IGLA I was pumped because that’s exactly what the Starline is supposed to do. I will never do Ravelco because I hate extra keys, having to use keys, and I will not give up remote start capability in the 110+ degree AZ heat!