IGLA Anti-theft device

I have an appt at earmark this Thursday. Picking the truck up in Dallas and driving straight there for the install!
Nice! Tell Johnny that Trey, the guy who just brought in the White Tremor last week, mentioned him and Earmark here

Nice! Tell Johnny that Trey, the guy who just brought in the White Tremor last week, mentioned him and Earmark here
Will do!
He did mention that today he received all of the complete updates for our year model trucks...

You guys realize you have a Russian kill switch in your truck? Nothing against Russians personally.
This might come in handy when the cyber attack occurs!!
IGLA trucks may be the only ones that still function!!
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::cool:

Bad news.

They have been unable to install IGLA on my truck. Apparently, the computer system is very different from other Super Dutys. While they can read all the signals coming from the truck (doors, windows, transmission, engine, etc.), they are not able to get the IGLA commands to be accepted by the truck. Thus, IGLA cannot control the truck. They worked on this for 5 hours today - with engineering remoting into the laptop and running the show.

Bummer.

Francisco, the installer, just told me that IGLA is sending their engineering team to Los Angeles in June, and they are going to rent a warehouse to have (current count) about 30 vehicles lined up that they need to work on. If they cannot find a 2024 Ford Super Duty like mine he said he will bring them to my house.

I guess automakers are making it more difficult for external software to access and control the trucks. I wish automakers would put the same effort into making these vehicles less prone to being stolen so easily.

If something materializes earlier, I will be the first on the list to get it installed. So, if anyone runs into similar issues, hang on, I guess. For now, I am trying to hold off from going the Ravelco route, but as I get closer to my Rossmonster installation date, this may change.

IGLA install at Earmark in Plano completed today. Install took them right at 2 hrs
Johnny definitely knows his stuff. Highly recommend them

IGLA install at Earmark in Plano completed today. Install took them right at 2 hrs

He will take care of you with any issues as well. My Igla was initially pulling a hard drain on the battery, would have them down to 9 volts after roughly 12 hours, put it in service mode and the drain went away which isolated it to the Igla. I called Johnny, took it by Earmark and he emailed them right away, turns out the firmware I had installed wasn't letting the can-bus system go to sleep. Within 3 days he had an updated firmware and no issues since. I think I was the first on here to use Earmark and still highly recommend. I'm ok with something having an issue so long as the manufacturer and the dealer (in this case Earmark) will take care of whatever the issue is, I mean things happen. Some on here have complained about Igla being a Russian company, but as I mentioned, within 3 days they developed a new firmware which took care of the can-bus issue and it works perfectly now.

He will take care of you with any issues as well. My Igla was initially pulling a hard drain on the battery, would have them down to 9 volts after roughly 12 hours, put it in service mode and the drain went away which isolated it to the Igla. I called Johnny, took it by Earmark and he emailed them right away, turns out the firmware I had installed wasn't letting the can-bus system go to sleep. Within 3 days he had an updated firmware and no issues since. I think I was the first on here to use Earmark and still highly recommend. I'm ok with something having an issue so long as the manufacturer and the dealer (in this case Earmark) will take care of whatever the issue is, I mean things happen. Some on here have complained about Igla being a Russian company, but as I mentioned, within 3 days they developed a new firmware which took care of the can-bus issue and it works perfectly now.
Is yours a 2021?

He mentioned to me that mine had brand new firmware that was completely and fully updated this week “fixing some previous issues” and was excited to get it installed.
Sounded to me like there was additional buttons included for the passcode…

Stop. Stop. Stop. Don't rubb it in so much ... lol I am so bummed that they cannot get this to work on my truck, but on other '24s.

Back