On Board Air - Custom Flush Mounted Air Coupler

i will send a pm, thanks!

One day my 12 year old son and I were installing On-Board air in our 22' tremor. I can't stand when stuff doesn't look oem and couldn't find anything that looked good. We decided to create our own flush mounted air coupler fitting that fits nicely into the bumper and appears as an additional 7pin housing. We posted the pics to a FB superduty forum and received several responses asking if we could make one for other people as well.

We have received substantial interest so we actually have a patent pending on it and are also working on getting a utility patent.
For the last several months my son and I we have been making these on weekends and selling them on FB tremor groups. One member suggested that I post it on here to see if you all would be interested as well.

The coupler is made of all stainless steel components as we live in NY and everything else rusts. It is enclosed in a 7 pin housing so no more dirt and water getting into it rusting the coupler out. This will accept any standard 1/4" air line via the swivel push to connect mounted to the back. It clears the spare tire with no issue and will require a hole be drilled right beneath the spare tire key hole.

The cost is $125 shipped in the U.S. and $145 shipped to Canada. I require a $50 deposit upfront via venmo or zelle to cover cost of materials and the balance due when built. Send me a DM if you are interested in purchasing one. To be fully up front with turn Around time.... it is approx 3 weeks as we have to work around sports and camping trips and before you ask I do not have a website as this is just a small father son project that pays for new toys for the tremor and video games for the 12 year old...lol. I promise I'm not the IRS asking for target gift cards or selling solar trying to steal peoples money, LOLOL.

Pictures attached of one of our batches and a short video on how the quick connect releases.

I have also attached pictures of the rest of my onboard air install if anyone else is interested. It’s a twin ARB air compressor and 3 gallon aluminum vixen air tank. The air compressor is mounted above the spare tire plate and air tank is mounted in front of the spare tire mounting plate.

View attachment 122073View attachment 122075View attachment 122074

View attachment 122079View attachment 122080View attachment 122078View attachment 122077View attachment 122076
Very nice. Just ordered and can’t wait to get mine.

Thank you for your support. Working to get this batch produced sometime next weekend and mailing a few days later.
I figured I make my obligatory first post so I can send PM’s without it thinking they are spam.
The OEM design of this is fantastic! Can’t wait t get this and show it off to my buds. 👍🏻

Hey Guys! I’m so happy that you all like them. I monitor the PMs daily and try to respond to everyone within 24hrs. I struggle to monitor the threads as consistently. If you’re interested please shoot me a PM.
^roger that

How well does your coupler work with high flow fittings?
Also, appears its threaded on back. Is it 1/4" FPT?

^roger that

How well does your coupler work with high flow fittings?
Also, appears its threaded on back. Is it 1/4" FPT?
I can build the air coupler with either a 1/4" fitting standard or for an extra $5 a 3/8 fitting if higher air flow is needed. Most don't ask for a 3/8 as the air hose fittings themselves are usually limited to a 1/4 anyway. Makes sense if you already have 3/8 lines run though.

I can build the air coupler with either a 1/4" fitting standard or for an extra $5 a 3/8 fitting if higher air flow is needed. Most don't ask for a 3/8 as the air hose fittings themselves are usually limited to a 1/4 anyway. Makes sense if you already have 3/8 lines run though.
Thanks for the response. I think i'm following but let me confirm...

Theres a back and a front. What size threads are in the back where the air would enter the device?
For the front, if i'm understanding correctly, you can accomodate 1/4" or 3/8" plugs, correct?

Also, is this coupler universal or does it only work with one type (e.g. industrial, automotive, etc)?

Thanks for the response. I think i'm following but let me confirm...

Theres a back and a front. What size threads are in the back where the air would enter the device?
For the front, if i'm understanding correctly, you can accomodate 1/4" or 3/8" plugs, correct?

Also, is this coupler universal or does it only work with one type (e.g. industrial, automotive, etc)?
The ARB coupler I have will not work with Milton high flow 1/4” V series fittings. Only I/M style fittings.

Sorry, let me clarify. The coupler on the front will fit standard 1/4 style air plugs available at any big box store. Like BroncoHooves said I dont think it works with high flow fittings but I also never tried. The fitting on the back comes standard with a 1/4" push to connect fitting that will accept your standard dot air hose. The back fitting can be upgraded to accomodate a 3/8" dot air hose. The front fitting cannot be modified.

Sorry, let me clarify. The coupler on the front will fit standard 1/4 style air plugs available at any big box store. Like BroncoHooves said I dont think it works with high flow fittings but I also never tried. The fitting on the back comes standard with a 1/4" push to connect fitting that will accept your standard dot air hose. The back fitting can be upgraded to accomodate a 3/8" dot air hose. The front fitting cannot be modified.
Appreciate the clarification! Regardless of your answers.. you/your son's product looks very clean.

Onboard air is on my list of mods but I haven't gotten there yet so i'm not ready to pull the trigger. Rest assured this is going in my notes for when i get to it!

Back