IGLA Anti-theft device

Sorry to hear about that. Is the IGLA issue specifically for the 2024 7.3L gas or also the 6.7L diesel as well?
I wish I could tell you. I do not know. On the first day when they were here he said it has to do with the trim level and probably additional functionality and additional electronic components that come with the higher trim levels. Not sure if the engine type matters.

Well, this is taking much longer than anticipated and maybe even carries the unfortunate crown of the longest IGLA install ever. I am becoming a bit doubtful about this at this point.

Today, the system was supposed to be fully installed. Two weeks ago, they scanned and downloaded my truck's software to give it to engineering. That day, they spent 4-5 hours onsite. They came back today after receiving the updated firmware from engineering on Tuesday. Engineering was even on standby for minor tweaks if needed.

Three guys showed up today. One did absolutely nothing. One of the other two did the majority of the work. He spent hours inside the truck, very little under the hood if at all. The second guy became involved later in the process. Through my driveway camera, it looked like it was progressing, but I was wrong. They started at 8.30 AM and left after 1.00 PM.

It has to go back to engineering again for more tweaks. They also need to pick up different tape to masquerade the wiring correctly. Apparently, my truck has a different tape color?!

I actually have the feeling, my truck is being used by IGLA as the master template for the 2024s. Otherwise I cannot explain why I still don't have a working IGLA system installed. Based on the number of hours they spent onsite, there is no way that this can be profitable unless they change the pricing on me (at that point they can uninstall it and take it with them).

As mentioned, I am doubtful. Did I make the right decision to go with an IGLA system? Is this actually an IGLA problem, or is it the installer?
Your guess is probably correct. My installer had my truck for several days as they worked with engineering to get it all figured out. Sadly the shop gets nothing from the manufacturer for all the R&D time spent and the rest of the installer network gets the benefit of their labor.

Man, not that I am tracking, or at least they didn't say anything? I do know they had already done a few 23's and at least one 24 before I took mine. I will not arrive home until the end of this week or beginning of next but they demonstrated it to my wife and she said it worked just like they said it would.
First, foremost, thank you for your service! I put a call into Earmark in Plano for an IGLA install for my ‘24 F250 Lariat I just picked up yesterday.

I wasn’t sure if you have any updates or insight on how it’s working and if you are happy with the install.

Johnny had been great to work with there, super helpful. I would absolutely trust them again.

Johnny had been great to work with there, super helpful. I would absolutely trust them again.
Went down there today and scheduled an appointment. Johnny remembered you! He was great to work with!

I wish I could tell you. I do not know. On the first day when they were here he said it has to do with the trim level and probably additional functionality and additional electronic components that come with the higher trim levels. Not sure if the engine type matters.
Any update from the installer?

He emailed me on Tuesday that it is ready to go. He is coming out today. I have limited time today and I told him that. He said that should not be a problem. Keeping my fingers crossed and holding my breath.
Yeah, not looking good. He spent a lot of time with the engineers on the phone. The system is installed and sees everything, but it does not catch the engine start which is crucial. He will come back next week and they will scan the truck again. Apparently, the engineers will be on a live bridge to provide immediate code updates.

Bummer.

Yeah, not looking good. He spent a lot of time with the engineers on the phone. The system is installed and sees everything, but it does not catch the engine start which is crucial. He will come back next week and they will scan the truck again. Apparently, the engineers will be on a live bridge to provide immediate code updates.

Bummer.
What year is your truck again?

Bummer.
what a pain... Hope they figure it, becuase I was planning on having Francisco do the install as well. Here's a video of a 2024 Limited SD 6.7HO with IGLA, seems to be working fine here...

what a pain... Hope they figure it, becuase I was planning on having Francisco do the install as well. Here's a video of a 2024 Limited SD 6.7HO with IGLA, seems to be working fine here...
Yeah, it is frustrating to say at least. As I suspected earlier, it seems like my truck is being used as a master template. Francisco mentioned that he has a few customers lined up waiting for my truck to be completed.

I wonder if the guy in the video has the full feature set or just some base functionality.

Dropped off my truck this morning, said it should only take a few hours.

Is there a list of things I should validate is or is not working?

I see mention of full feature set… what does that entail?

Everything works with the IGLA in terms of electronic shifter anti-theft protection.

However, at this time, I was told some of the other capabilities available like the anti-car jacking isn’t available for my Truck. I was told that I could periodically check with the installer and as new updates or features are added with software/firmware updates, I can just swing by and get the update

Everything works with the IGLA in terms of electronic shifter anti-theft protection.

However, at this time, I was told some of the other capabilities available like the anti-car jacking isn’t available for my Truck. I was told that I could periodically check with the installer and as new updates or features are added with software/firmware updates, I can just swing by and get the update
The anti-carjack feature isn't for everyone. My installer removes that feature afterwards for most of their customers who elected to add it in.

For pick up truck owners, particularly those who tow, this can be a pain when getting in/out of the truck while it's running to hook-up the trailer.

That said, if I lived in a really high theft area, I'd likely add it and deal with the inconvenience to have an additional security measures in place.

I have an appt at earmark this Thursday. Picking the truck up in Dallas and driving straight there for the install!

Back