DTX2023Tremor's Money Pit Build and other miscellaneous topics

Have you run these before? How well do they work? Another one of those mods I never even thought about.
I've never run these before, but seen a few others on this forum and others who have with good results. They're also common on big rigs. From what I understand, the larger the tire the more difficult they are to balance, and keep balanced, and the centrimatic wheel balancers assure that your always balanced even as the tire wears.
 
It’s already on my truck πŸ˜…
Yes, but what about the rest of us? How much for a set? πŸ˜‰

I noticed today the original set I put on have already been lost, so will put on the recommended replacements and see how long they last.
 
Yes, but what about the rest of us? How much for a set? πŸ˜‰

I noticed today the original set I put on have already been lost, so will put on the recommended replacements and see how long they last.
I’ll know more hopefully today. I’ve been improving the magnet size/placement.
 
I’ll know more hopefully today. I’ve been improving the magnet size/placement.
The magnets I got were too weak, so now waiting on some thicker ones. Maybe Amazon has B grade crappy rare earth magnets or something. They were unusually weak for a Neodymium magnet.
 
Yes, but what about the rest of us? How much for a set? πŸ˜‰

I noticed today the original set I put on have already been lost, so will put on the recommended replacements and see how long they last.
Wonder if you could even wrap some electrical tape around the lip of the caps to "tighten up" the fit until the magnets are perfected?
 
Last edited:
Get these and you won't have to worry about it. They need a tap or two to get them in:

Thanks again for sharing the link... I picked these up a few weeks ago when you last recommended them. Haven't had a chance to install them yet and am hopeful they'll be a better fit. I'm wondering if the tolerances in the hitch construction would make these work better for some versus others.

I like the idea of the @BroncoHooves approach as it adds an additional element to assure they won't as easily pop-out.
 
Thanks again for sharing the link... I picked these up a few weeks ago when you last recommended them. Haven't had a chance to install them yet and am hopeful they'll be a better fit. I'm wondering if the tolerances in the hitch construction would make these work better for some versus others.

I like the idea of the @BroncoHooves approach as it adds an additional element to assure they won't as easily pop-out.
Plus you can store items in the hitch tube. 🀫
 
Today was a bigger mod day... got a Borla S-type cat back exhaust installed as well as my line-x sprayed @Talon2006 cat shield installed. 😍

uaIcBHwKSTb5lOqBkCq8piRug3KOJ4T7lq9IurP4xHWC3WRfYfCriQlXBR1VR9IP8emj8Iuwo9njWQMwtJ9U3-x4HukqS8G0.jpg
 
Took advantage of the nice weather today to do a few smaller items on my list.

First up was replacing the end caps on the hitch. Thanks again @trmrzla for the recommendation. These required a mallet to tap in, so am confident these will stay in.

20231209_102008.webp
 
Next up was the visor label covers that @Rodd187 's daughter makes. This was the easiest mod of all and look awesome. Think my gas mileage went up a few mpgs with this upgrade.

20231209_103003.webp


20231209_102759.webp
 
Also added the door sill protectors from Tufskinz. Really easy to install and like that they can be customized.

Front
20231209_104129_099.webp

Rear
20231209_104835.webp
 
You have a sound clip you can post? How's the drone when under throttle? Was looking at borla but people have been complaining of a lot of drone when towing.
I'll try and get a clip tomorrow. The exhaust sounds awesome. When I'm cruising I can't even hear it (even with the radio off) and the drone seems less than the factory. It will have a drone around 1700 RPM, but it isn't obnoxious. The drone from the tires is worse than the exhaust and makes the vast majority of the noise in the cabin.

The truck seems like it is a bit more "alive" and seems quicker. Maybe it is all in my head. Wife really likes the sound of the exhaust, especially when I'm really giving it some gas, accelerating to get on the highway or passing someone.

100% recommend this exhaust. Put about 100+ miles on the truck today and loved the sound of the exhaust.
 
Last mod of the day was the SwarfWorks Front License Plate Relocation Bracket while the bracket is really well made and is easy to install, I'll likely return this as it partially obstructs one of the front parking sensors. I had to turn the system off, otherwise it would give an error and then disable itself.

I tried mounting the braket right side up and then upside down, neither made a difference on the sensor issue.

20231209_102038.webp
 
Last mod of the day was the SwarfWorks Front License Plate Relocation Bracket while the bracket is really well made and is easy to install, I'll likely return this as it partially obstructs one of the front parking sensors. I had to turn the system off, otherwise it would give an error and then disable itself.

I tried mounting the braket right side up and then upside down, neither made a difference on the sensor issue.

View attachment 137006
Why did you need to relocate the plate?
 
Back
Top Bottom