DTX2023Tremor's Money Pit Build and other miscellaneous topics

Congrats! Looks great! The interior in the new platinums is 🔥.

Really happy to see you finally take delivery! When can we expect the initial driving impression report? :cool:
Today was the first day I really go to drive the truck. Had about 2 hours behind the wheel. I have to say, I'm really impressed.

Considering there is a massive engine under the hood, I barely hear the engine. It definitely makes me want to add the cat-back exhaust to get a bit more rumble. I'm generally impressed with how quiet the cabin is, and how little wind and road noise I hear. I haven't really tested the engine yet as I'm wanting to take it easy for the first 1000 miles. I did notice some burn off happening after the drive home from the dealership and when we went to a friends house nearby yesterday.

The B&O system is really nice compared to the Bose in my Chevy and the Fender system we had in our VW. With the volume turned up to 11 or 12 (just below 50%), the base is enough to move the hair on my legs. Definitely doesn't compete with the bass of the JL audio set-up I had in my first truck, but still a pleasant experience for a factory option.

I've been driving sedans since trading out of my third Explorer a few years ago, so had expected a stiff, bouncy ride that can come with a HD truck. Maybe its a honeymoon period, but the suspension and ride quality is better than the cars I've been driving. Bumps are there, but they don't shake us in the cab like they do in our cars. I don't have to worry about the unevenness of the roads in Dallas, trying to dodge pot holes or sudden juts up or dips. I can just drive through them with a smile. Maybe setting the tires at 55 lbs psi all around helped. Looking forward to what the suspension upgrades I've got planned will do to make the ride even better.

The adaptive cruise control with lane centering is awesome. The truck basically drives itself. Even the lane keeping system when not using cruise will help. The one thing that was annoying is that the truck will automatically adjust the speed of the cruise control to match the speed limit. For example, I was driving 70 and there was a construction zone that was 55, the truck hits the beginning of the zone and immediately starts to reduce speed. This is great to help avoid speeding tickets, but problematic when the rest of traffic is sustaining their speed. I found I had to very quickly either cancel the cruise control or increase the set speed. I think this may be happening because I have a setting on related to speed, so I'll have to play with it to see if there's a way to stop that from happening. I also must generally drive a bit closer to the left side of the lane as I found myself initially fighting the lane keeping and lane centering... eventually learning to let the systems do their thing.

Headlights are bright, although the factory fogs don't seem to add that much. I did notice that the fogs will turn on when turning, so turning left turned on the left fog and turning right turned on the right one. The auto high beams is a nice to have.

Fuel economy on the first tank isn't great. Was averaging 15 mpg when on cruise control, but overall in the 8 mpg. A bit of a penalty here from all the idling when taking delivery, playing with settings, and showing the truck to friends. Will be interesting to see what mileage is once everything gets broken in a bit and I get into a regular driving pattern.

There are so many features and things to play with that it will take me a while to fully learn how to use everything and get it all dialed in to what I like. I'm looking forward to the journey of learning this truck and also all the mods to make it my own. Really happy with the truck and to offically be a full member of the Tremor family.
 
Thanks brother. The team that's installing it are doing what they can, and they also take pride in their work so they want to make sure its perfect. Good guys and I highly recommend them. The installer is going to get in tomorrow at 4 a.m. to keep working on it so I can hopefully go back out there and pick it up later in the morning. Have to get it back to the dealer tomorrow noon-ish so they can fix the chip in the paint on the door. This week will certainly be an adventure!
How did the IGLA install go today, was the team able to get it figured out?
 
How did the IGLA install go today, was the team able to get it figured out?
Thanks for checking in. They made a lot of progress today. They've been working all day with the software developers in Russia to create the set-up files for the 23s, testing, retesting, over and over to assure it is correct. They're making guys in Russia pull a long day since they started working on it around 3 a.m. our time.

Apparently I'm the first Super Duty install for the model year. My installer has done a bunch of 24 GMs, and 23 F150s and other Fords, but were surprised that the IGLA hasn't been installed yet in the 23 Super Duties by any other installer. Hopefully will get it finished today or early tomorrow morning. I feel bad for my installer as they were working on it until 9 p.m. last night and started again at 6 a.m. today.
 
Thanks for checking in. They made a lot of progress today. They've been working all day with the software developers in Russia to create the set-up files for the 23s, testing, retesting, over and over to assure it is correct. They're making guys in Russia pull a long day since they started working on it around 3 a.m. our time.

Apparently I'm the first Super Duty install for the model year. My installer has done a bunch of 24 GMs, and 23 F150s and other Fords, but were surprised that the IGLA hasn't been installed yet in the 23 Super Duties by any other installer. Hopefully will get it finished today or early tomorrow morning. I feel bad for my installer as they were working on it until 9 p.m. last night and started again at 6 a.m. today.
Wow, crazy that you are having to blaze the trail. Thanks for updating everyone and hope you are able to wrap it up tomorrow!
 
Ok... first mods are complete. Here's what I did:

Blackview DR970X-2ch LTE dash cam with Parking Mode
- Mounted to the mirror with a Blendmount Aluminum Dashcam Rearview Mirror Mount, BlackVue LTE, BBL-2000R, Standard Series
IGLA anti-theft device
Drone X-1 Max Hardwired GPS tracker

The IGLA is a pretty interesting device. The truck can be started through all the normal means, but unless a code is entered, a special key fob is present, or a registered mobile phone is present, the truck cannot be shifted out of park. There is a way to put it into "service" mode that keeps it disabled until the system is re-enabled. Could be a scenario or 2 where that would make sense to do, but easier to just bring the special fob in those cases so that the system is always enabled. Great thing about the IGLA is that it eliminates cloned keys from being used to steal the truck and it cannot be bypassed. If a thief were to find the device and remove it, the truck would be stuck in park. So only way to steal the truck is to tow it.

To help with recovery if the truck is ever towed, I had the Drone X-1 Max installed that constantly tracks the location of the truck. In addition, you can set it to get alerts whenever the truck is turned-on / off, the alarm is triggered, or it is towed (has a tilt sensor). It also has impact and glass break detection and will alert in those cases as well. For parents, you can have it notify you of speed limit violations as well as if the vehicle is driven outside of defined hours (curfew). You can also set-up a geo fence to get alerts whenever the truck enters or leave an area. The system has a battery back-up as well that will keep it active (I think for about 4 hours) if the vehicle battery is disconnected (it also alerts you if it is running on the back-up battery).

For anyone in North Texas (or willing to make the drive), the team at 4-D Auto Solutions in Weatherford are fantastic. Chris (owner) and Corey care about doing the job right and are super responsive.

Truck is back at the dealer today to get a couple paint items fixed which will take until Friday.
 
Ok... first mods are complete. Here's what I did:

Blackview DR970X-2ch LTE dash cam with Parking Mode
- Mounted to the mirror with a Blendmount Aluminum Dashcam Rearview Mirror Mount, BlackVue LTE, BBL-2000R, Standard Series
IGLA anti-theft device
Drone X-1 Max Hardwired GPS tracker

The IGLA is a pretty interesting device. The truck can be started through all the normal means, but unless a code is entered, a special key fob is present, or a registered mobile phone is present, the truck cannot be shifted out of park. There is a way to put it into "service" mode that keeps it disabled until the system is re-enabled. Could be a scenario or 2 where that would make sense to do, but easier to just bring the special fob in those cases so that the system is always enabled. Great thing about the IGLA is that it eliminates cloned keys from being used to steal the truck and it cannot be bypassed. If a thief were to find the device and remove it, the truck would be stuck in park. So only way to steal the truck is to tow it.

To help with recovery if the truck is ever towed, I had the Drone X-1 Max installed that constantly tracks the location of the truck. In addition, you can set it to get alerts whenever the truck is turned-on / off, the alarm is triggered, or it is towed (has a tilt sensor). It also has impact and glass break detection and will alert in those cases as well. For parents, you can have it notify you of speed limit violations as well as if the vehicle is driven outside of defined hours (curfew). You can also set-up a geo fence to get alerts whenever the truck enters or leave an area. The system has a battery back-up as well that will keep it active (I think for about 4 hours) if the vehicle battery is disconnected (it also alerts you if it is running on the back-up battery).

For anyone in North Texas (or willing to make the drive), the team at 4-D Auto Solutions in Weatherford are fantastic. Chris (owner) and Corey care about doing the job right and are super responsive.

Truck is back at the dealer today to get a couple paint items fixed which will take until Friday.
How is the igla code entered on the 23? Buttons on the steering wheel? Interested in knowing more for our Super Duties.
 
How is the igla code entered on the 23? Buttons on the steering wheel? Interested in knowing more for our Super Duties.
Once the vehicle is started (assuming you do not have your programmed phone with you or the special fob), you enter the code using the programmed buttons in the programmed sequence. There is no time limit for when the code can be entered, so you can start your truck and then put the code in 10 minutes later if you wish. The truck will not shift out of park until the code is entered. Once the truck is shut-off the system re-engages in 3 seconds ( or once the phone or fob is out of range - about 6' from the truck - if either of those are present).

There are a number of buttons that the system will recognize. Several of the ones on the steering wheel will work (not all of them), top of the center stack, and others (doors, lights). Since this is the very first 2023 Super Duty, the installers didn't know the full list, but mentioned a few that worked on other years, makes and models. They also showed me how I could check each button to determine which ones I would want to set for the code. They had set a code when they installed it and then had me change it to my own code (also to teach me how to change it if desired in the future). The code can be any combination of buttons from 4 to (IIRC) 20 buttons or button presses.
 
Once the vehicle is started (assuming you do not have your programmed phone with you or the special fob), you enter the code using the programmed buttons in the programmed sequence. There is no time limit for when the code can be entered, so you can start your truck and then put the code in 10 minutes later if you wish. The truck will not shift out of park until the code is entered. Once the truck is shut-off the system re-engages in 3 seconds ( or once the phone or fob is out of range - about 6' from the truck - if either of those are present).

There are a number of buttons that the system will recognize. Several of the ones on the steering wheel will work (not all of them), top of the center stack, and others (doors, lights). Since this is the very first 2023 Super Duty, the installers didn't know the full list, but mentioned a few that worked on other years, makes and models. They also showed me how I could check each button to determine which ones I would want to set for the code. They had set a code when they installed it and then had me change it to my own code (also to teach me how to change it if desired in the future). The code can be any combination of buttons from 4 to (IIRC) 20 buttons or button presses.
Igla sounds like a great way to hide the Ford fob in the vehicle always too. No more fob to carry.
 
Ok... first mods are complete. Here's what I did:

Blackview DR970X-2ch LTE dash cam with Parking Mode
- Mounted to the mirror with a Blendmount Aluminum Dashcam Rearview Mirror Mount, BlackVue LTE, BBL-2000R, Standard Series
IGLA anti-theft device
Drone X-1 Max Hardwired GPS tracker

The IGLA is a pretty interesting device. The truck can be started through all the normal means, but unless a code is entered, a special key fob is present, or a registered mobile phone is present, the truck cannot be shifted out of park. There is a way to put it into "service" mode that keeps it disabled until the system is re-enabled. Could be a scenario or 2 where that would make sense to do, but easier to just bring the special fob in those cases so that the system is always enabled. Great thing about the IGLA is that it eliminates cloned keys from being used to steal the truck and it cannot be bypassed. If a thief were to find the device and remove it, the truck would be stuck in park. So only way to steal the truck is to tow it.

To help with recovery if the truck is ever towed, I had the Drone X-1 Max installed that constantly tracks the location of the truck. In addition, you can set it to get alerts whenever the truck is turned-on / off, the alarm is triggered, or it is towed (has a tilt sensor). It also has impact and glass break detection and will alert in those cases as well. For parents, you can have it notify you of speed limit violations as well as if the vehicle is driven outside of defined hours (curfew). You can also set-up a geo fence to get alerts whenever the truck enters or leave an area. The system has a battery back-up as well that will keep it active (I think for about 4 hours) if the vehicle battery is disconnected (it also alerts you if it is running on the back-up battery).

For anyone in North Texas (or willing to make the drive), the team at 4-D Auto Solutions in Weatherford are fantastic. Chris (owner) and Corey care about doing the job right and are super responsive.

Truck is back at the dealer today to get a couple paint items fixed which will take until Friday.
Awesome man, glad you are up and running!
 
Once the vehicle is started (assuming you do not have your programmed phone with you or the special fob), you enter the code using the programmed buttons in the programmed sequence. There is no time limit for when the code can be entered, so you can start your truck and then put the code in 10 minutes later if you wish. The truck will not shift out of park until the code is entered. Once the truck is shut-off the system re-engages in 3 seconds ( or once the phone or fob is out of range - about 6' from the truck - if either of those are present).

There are a number of buttons that the system will recognize. Several of the ones on the steering wheel will work (not all of them), top of the center stack, and others (doors, lights). Since this is the very first 2023 Super Duty, the installers didn't know the full list, but mentioned a few that worked on other years, makes and models. They also showed me how I could check each button to determine which ones I would want to set for the code. They had set a code when they installed it and then had me change it to my own code (also to teach me how to change it if desired in the future). The code can be any combination of buttons from 4 to (IIRC) 20 buttons or button presses.
This system will prevent alcohol impaired drivers from driving as well. No way they would remember all that!
 
Igla sounds like a great way to hide the Ford fob in the vehicle always too. No more fob to carry.
Yes, especially if you're using the code or your phone to disable the system.
 
Ok... first mods are complete. Here's what I did:

Blackview DR970X-2ch LTE dash cam with Parking Mode
- Mounted to the mirror with a Blendmount Aluminum Dashcam Rearview Mirror Mount, BlackVue LTE, BBL-2000R, Standard Series
IGLA anti-theft device
Drone X-1 Max Hardwired GPS tracker

The IGLA is a pretty interesting device. The truck can be started through all the normal means, but unless a code is entered, a special key fob is present, or a registered mobile phone is present, the truck cannot be shifted out of park. There is a way to put it into "service" mode that keeps it disabled until the system is re-enabled. Could be a scenario or 2 where that would make sense to do, but easier to just bring the special fob in those cases so that the system is always enabled. Great thing about the IGLA is that it eliminates cloned keys from being used to steal the truck and it cannot be bypassed. If a thief were to find the device and remove it, the truck would be stuck in park. So only way to steal the truck is to tow it.

To help with recovery if the truck is ever towed, I had the Drone X-1 Max installed that constantly tracks the location of the truck. In addition, you can set it to get alerts whenever the truck is turned-on / off, the alarm is triggered, or it is towed (has a tilt sensor). It also has impact and glass break detection and will alert in those cases as well. For parents, you can have it notify you of speed limit violations as well as if the vehicle is driven outside of defined hours (curfew). You can also set-up a geo fence to get alerts whenever the truck enters or leave an area. The system has a battery back-up as well that will keep it active (I think for about 4 hours) if the vehicle battery is disconnected (it also alerts you if it is running on the back-up battery).

For anyone in North Texas (or willing to make the drive), the team at 4-D Auto Solutions in Weatherford are fantastic. Chris (owner) and Corey care about doing the job right and are super responsive.

Truck is back at the dealer today to get a couple paint items fixed which will take until Friday.
Ok. That igla is pretty cool. Now to convince the "accountant" to approve the transaction.
 
How much $ was the igla hardware plus install?
IGLA is $1,200 installed. Unlike Ravelco, they won't send you one to self install if you're not near a dealer.
 
IGLA is $1,200 installed. Unlike Ravelco, they won't send you one to self install if you're not near a dealer.
A video demo of it functioning on the SD would be awesome. Not enough videos/info out there on the igla for our trucks. Thank you in advance! :)
 
A video demo of it functioning on the SD would be awesome. Not enough videos/info out there on the igla for our trucks. Thank you in advance! :)
Here's a couple of videos on the IGLA. Let me know what else you'd like to see. Some stuff I'm not sure would make sense to put in a video (like me entering my code), but happy to demo the system in person since you're planning to be at the meet-up next month.


There's also a carjack mode, which effectively if you open your car door and take your foot of the brake for more than 3 seconds (assuming you're in park) with the engine running, it will disable the vehicle the next time the speed drops below 20 mph. This way someone who carjacks you can drive away, but as soon as they slow down, they're stranded. Here's a video that demo's that feature. I did not install this on my truck. The installer advised against it as it tends to be a pain for anyone who tows and gets in and out of their truck. I figured I'd gamble and hope to never get car jacked. If I do, I still have the GPS tracker that I can use to locate my truck.

 
Here's a couple of videos on the IGLA. Let me know what else you'd like to see. Some stuff I'm not sure would make sense to put in a video (like me entering my code), but happy to demo the system in person since you're planning to be at the meet-up next month.


There's also a carjack mode, which effectively if you open your car door and take your foot of the brake for more than 3 seconds (assuming you're in park) with the engine running, it will disable the vehicle the next time the speed drops below 20 mph. This way someone who carjacks you can drive away, but as soon as they slow down, they're stranded. Here's a video that demo's that feature. I did not install this on my truck. The installer advised against it as it tends to be a pain for anyone who tows and gets in and out of their truck. I figured I'd gamble and hope to never get car jacked. If I do, I still have the GPS tracker that I can use to locate my truck.

Unfortunately I haven’t found an Austin area dealer/installer; have only seen San Antonio.

Any help locating one in Austin would be appreciated. :)
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom