DTX2023Tremor's Money Pit Build and other miscellaneous topics

Also put on the centrimatic wheel balancers and the black gorilla lug nuts. Thanks to Nick @apollooptics for hooking it up with the lug nuts.

The centrimatics come with two different types and a set of shims. The "A" ones are flat with a rolled edge on side where the materials sits. The "B" ones have an offset to them, when installed with the rolled edge facing in it pushes that in, while installed the other way, pushes it out. I installed the "A" type on the front wheels facing out as it had about 1/4" clearance to the brakes. I installed the "B" type facing in.

Trying to decide if I will want to paint them black at some point. Not sure if I will as they're hardly noticeable behind the rims.

Front wheel:
20231105_122140.webp


Front with wheel mounted:
20231105_123035.webp


Rear wheel:
20231105_120418.webp
 
Glad to see the filter is in an easily accessible area. My 2008 f150 had the most ridiculous filter placement.
Yeah, really easy to get to. The filter was on there pretty tight though so had to use a wrench to loosen it. (or I need to work on my grip strength).

Once I put the Talon skid plate on, it will be interesting to see how difficult it will be to get the filter off while not making a mess.
 
Last mod for the day was the end caps on the hitch. The ones I bought on Amazon fits a little too loose for my liking, especially on the passenger side. I anticipate one, if not both, will fall out. I like the look, but need to find a better solution.

20231105_130737.webp
 
Last mod for the day was the end caps on the hitch. The ones I bought on Amazon fits a little too loose for my liking, especially on the passenger side. I anticipate one, if not both, will fall out. I like the look, but need to find a better solution.

View attachment 134365

I bought these on Amazon & they fit great. I don't ever forsee them coming out on their own. Looks like the same company as yours but slightly larger dimensions.

 
I have a 2020 F250 Platinum Tremor, you are going to love all those lights that you want to put on, I also, have the "Train Horn w/air compressor" it comes in handy in and out of the city. I really do not use it that much in the city. but backing up and looking for house numbers in the dark, my lights works for me every time. Have fun with the addons. i will be posting more pictures of my truck next month when i get "Beastie" cleaned up. lol
 
Unfortunately I haven’t found an Austin area dealer/installer; have only seen San Antonio.

Any help locating one in Austin would be appreciated. :)
if you find one here in Austin, let me know. I am interested in this product for my Tremor.
 
if you find one here in Austin, let me know. I am interested in this product for my Tremor.
I missed something, what kind of installer are you looking for Pattie?
 
I missed something, what kind of installer are you looking for Pattie?
Apparently I replied too the wrong thread
It had something to do with security on the truck and entering pass codes befor it will start. My bad if I put it on the wrong thread
 
Apparently I replied too the wrong thread
It had something to do with security on the truck and entering pass codes befor it will start. My bad if I put it on the wrong thread
No worries... I had started a separate thread for the IGLA. You can find the details here:

 
It's been a hectic couple of weeks, so haven't had much time to catch-up on my list of mods I have wait for install.

Did get some time a couple weeks ago to install the ToughSkinz hood letter inserts
20231118_110141.webp


They matched real nicely to the greyscale American Flag Tremor decal from Signville I had installed a few weeks ago:
20231202_103920.webp


Funny thing is that once I install the hood deflector, the hood letters won't be visible. Oh well, enjoying the look in the interim.
 
I also installed the Latchlid tailgate security and the included tail light security screws. Install took a couple of minutes and worked flawlessly without needing to adjust the position or bend the bracket to address the tailgate sticking in the closed position.

Although I have the power tonneau cover that will also impede anyone looking to steal the tailgate or tail lights, another added layer of security never hurts.

20231118_103509.webp
 
I also installed the SPE battery tie downs. These are a nice upgrade from the OEM ones, although arguably an unnecessary one. They look nicer, but the downside is that there is a bracket attached to the battery wire on the driver side that isn't compatible with the SPE bracket.

With the OEM battery tie down, the bracket sits underneath as the tie-down is designed to integrate with it. The screw post is really long, so I placed the bracket on top and then secured both with the nut. I figure if the post fails or the battery ever comes loose, it will be from something fairly major that will likely be the least of my concerns.

20231118_101402.webp
 
I also installed the SPE battery tie downs. These are a nice upgrade from the OEM ones, although arguably an unnecessary one. They look nicer, but the downside is that there is a bracket attached to the battery wire on the driver side that isn't compatible with the SPE bracket.

With the OEM battery tie down, the bracket sits underneath as the tie-down is designed to integrate with it. The screw post is really long, so I placed the bracket on top and then secured both with the nut. I figure if the post fails or the battery ever comes loose, it will be from something fairly major that will likely be the least of my concerns.

View attachment 136396
You can delete the bracket, only held on with cloth tape. Not needed.
 
Today, I decided to set up and put on the Hail protector. "Assembly" was pretty minimal and took about 20 minutes. If I had to do it again, would take <10. It really is quite simple.

Putting this massive cover on the truck is made significantly easier with two people dragging it from back to front. One thing i will have to try the next time I put it on is how to put the power cord in the bed so it isn't sitting on the ground and exposed to the rain.

Took about 15 minutes or so to get it on as it was my first time and I was checking position and confirming i had it on correctly. One point to note is that they want you to remove any antennas. Unless you have a really short stubby one (<6").Full inflate took about 10 minutes and deflate took between 5 - 10 (with a velcro seam opened on one side).

I'll likely use this only when the truck is parked in my driveway. Considering a different product for when it is at work. The main drawback of this solution is storage as it is difficult to get it back to the shipping dimensions once a lot of air has been introduced to the cover. You kind of have to pack it like stuffing a sleeping bag into a sack. I was able to squeeze a bunch of air out when repacking so it only takes about 50% of the space in the storage bag, but it comes folded in about half that volume.

Overall, looks like a well designed product and would recommend.

20231203_164956.webp

20231203_170703.webp
 
You can delete the bracket, only held on with cloth tape. Not needed.
Made me wonder why it was there to begin with. Seemed odd that it was only on the driver side
 
Today, I decided to set up and put on the Hail protector. "Assembly" was pretty minimal and took about 20 minutes. If I had to do it again, would take <10. It really is quite simple.

Putting this massive cover on the truck is made significantly easier with two people dragging it from back to front. One thing i will have to try the next time I put it on is how to put the power cord in the bed so it isn't sitting on the ground and exposed to the rain.

Took about 15 minutes or so to get it on as it was my first time and I was checking position and confirming i had it on correctly. One point to note is that they want you to remove any antennas. Unless you have a really short stubby one (<6").Full inflate took about 10 minutes and deflate took between 5 - 10 (with a velcro seam opened on one side).

I'll likely use this only when the truck is parked in my driveway. Considering a different product for when it is at work. The main drawback of this solution is storage as it is difficult to get it back to the shipping dimensions once a lot of air has been introduced to the cover. You kind of have to pack it like stuffing a sleeping bag into a sack. I was able to squeeze a bunch of air out when repacking so it only takes about 50% of the space in the storage bag, but it comes folded in about half that volume.

Overall, looks like a well designed product and would recommend.

View attachment 136400
View attachment 136401
You officially have the coolest Santa sleigh inflatable cover in the neighborhood 🤣
 
Today, I decided to set up and put on the Hail protector. "Assembly" was pretty minimal and took about 20 minutes. If I had to do it again, would take <10. It really is quite simple.

Putting this massive cover on the truck is made significantly easier with two people dragging it from back to front. One thing i will have to try the next time I put it on is how to put the power cord in the bed so it isn't sitting on the ground and exposed to the rain.

Took about 15 minutes or so to get it on as it was my first time and I was checking position and confirming i had it on correctly. One point to note is that they want you to remove any antennas. Unless you have a really short stubby one (<6").Full inflate took about 10 minutes and deflate took between 5 - 10 (with a velcro seam opened on one side).

I'll likely use this only when the truck is parked in my driveway. Considering a different product for when it is at work. The main drawback of this solution is storage as it is difficult to get it back to the shipping dimensions once a lot of air has been introduced to the cover. You kind of have to pack it like stuffing a sleeping bag into a sack. I was able to squeeze a bunch of air out when repacking so it only takes about 50% of the space in the storage bag, but it comes folded in about half that volume.

Overall, looks like a well designed product and would recommend.

View attachment 136400
View attachment 136401
That is wild. I never knew such a thing even existed. Seems like a really smart way to protect your investment. Thanks for sharing.
 
Also put on the centrimatic wheel balancers and the black gorilla lug nuts. Thanks to Nick @apollooptics for hooking it up with the lug nuts.

The centrimatics come with two different types and a set of shims. The "A" ones are flat with a rolled edge on side where the materials sits. The "B" ones have an offset to them, when installed with the rolled edge facing in it pushes that in, while installed the other way, pushes it out. I installed the "A" type on the front wheels facing out as it had about 1/4" clearance to the brakes. I installed the "B" type facing in.

Trying to decide if I will want to paint them black at some point. Not sure if I will as they're hardly noticeable behind the rims.

Front wheel:
View attachment 134359

Front with wheel mounted:
View attachment 134360

Rear wheel:
View attachment 134361
Have you run these before? How well do they work? Another one of those mods I never even thought about.
 
Today, I decided to set up and put on the Hail protector. "Assembly" was pretty minimal and took about 20 minutes. If I had to do it again, would take <10. It really is quite simple.

Putting this massive cover on the truck is made significantly easier with two people dragging it from back to front. One thing i will have to try the next time I put it on is how to put the power cord in the bed so it isn't sitting on the ground and exposed to the rain.

Took about 15 minutes or so to get it on as it was my first time and I was checking position and confirming i had it on correctly. One point to note is that they want you to remove any antennas. Unless you have a really short stubby one (<6").Full inflate took about 10 minutes and deflate took between 5 - 10 (with a velcro seam opened on one side).

I'll likely use this only when the truck is parked in my driveway. Considering a different product for when it is at work. The main drawback of this solution is storage as it is difficult to get it back to the shipping dimensions once a lot of air has been introduced to the cover. You kind of have to pack it like stuffing a sleeping bag into a sack. I was able to squeeze a bunch of air out when repacking so it only takes about 50% of the space in the storage bag, but it comes folded in about half that volume.

Overall, looks like a well designed product and would recommend.

View attachment 136400
View attachment 136401
That is awesome my friend!
 
Back
Top Bottom