DO NOT BUY A TRANSMISSiON PAN!!!

I am working on a group buy for the new Banks 10R140 pan. Hoping to have it for the September Group buy.
 
I am working on a group buy for the new Banks 10R140 pan. Hoping to have it for the September Group buy.
A new pan?

Do you have any other details to share? Deep pan?

I still haven't installed my aFe pan, albeit shallow but I'm curious...
 
The scoop looks to be optional, and not something I would add. I am working with their tech guys now, trying to figure out how much lower this sits vs stock pan. I want to know if it can be used with a skid plate.
 
I smell a group buy!
There is 100% a group buy coming, it was originally going to be this month, but Banks is running behind on production as these are brand new. We are currently targeting September…stay tuned.
 
Just added this to another thread, but the options for transmission pans:

2020 - 2022: AFE, PPE, and SPE
2023+: PPE and SPE and I guess Banks when it's released.
 
How many quarts of fluid is the correct amount with the PPE pan?
For a simple drain and fill with the PPE pan, you'll need about 12 - 13 quarts. I'll know for sure in early October when I service my transmission. I purchased 16 just to be safe.

The original fresh fill capacity of the transmission is 18.3 quarts and with the PPE pan, you're up to 23.3 quarts. The original pan holds about 7 to 8 quarts, so with the added 5 from the PPE pan, you'll need 12 - 13 quarts if you're doing a basic service.
 
Just added this to another thread, but the options for transmission pans:

2020 - 2022: AFE, PPE, and SPE
2023+: PPE and SPE and I guess Banks when it's released.
PPE has been out of stock for around 3 months.
 
The scoop looks to be optional, and not something I would add. I am working with their tech guys now, trying to figure out how much lower this sits vs stock pan. I want to know if it can be used with a skid plate.
Gale loves that air marketing strategy. He seems to think that adding wingz or dams to all his products, work just as effective as his intake system.

I haven't been very fond of the rear diff cover with the added wings, although they are designed to break off but only time will tell.
 
Gale loves that air marketing strategy. He seems to think that adding wingz or dams to all his products, work just as effective as his intake system.

I haven't been very fond of the rear diff cover with the added wings, although they are designed to break off but only time will tell.
Time will tell…. You planning some shenanigans? 🤣
 
They have not released it yet, so no pricing or full specs.

Just reading on their website. It looks like this is Diesel only right now.
Unless they have another link for Gas engines? I didn't click around too much.
 
Just reading on their website. It looks like this is Diesel only right now.
Unless they have another link for Gas engines? I didn't click around too much.
I haven't seen anything specific for the gas 10R140.

I know the differences are very small, and I think the mounting surface is identical between the 10R140G and the 10R140D.

I do see where they call out that this is for the "Power Stroke" trucks, but maybe this pan with work with both variants.
 
I haven't seen anything specific for the gas 10R140.

I know the differences are very small, and I think the mounting surface is identical between the 10R140G and the 10R140D.

I do see where they call out that this is for the "Power Stroke" trucks, but maybe this pan with work with both variants.
Don't gas trucks have a crossover pipe near the air scoop?
That may be a limitation.
 

Attachments

  • 1784140938290.webp
    1784140938290.webp
    55.2 KB · Views: 3
Don't gas trucks have a crossover pipe near the air scoop?
That may be a limitation.
The crossover pipe is near the rear of the pan.
While i think the idea of having a scoop attached to the transmission pan is an optimal way to "FO"... i seriously doubt ole banks put the scoop on the rear of the pan.
 
Back
Top Bottom