DO NOT BUY A TRANSMISSiON PAN!!!

Just for general info, PPE included a heavy fiber gasket with the pan. I used a new OE gasket, but I don't see why their gasket wouldn't work with any of the aluminum pans.
 
@AZsurveyor Question about the Filter Boot Gasket.

You have it listed as 7T4Z-7Z302-A. Ford's website shows this seal for the 10R100

1784666174981.webp



For the 10R140

Other places I've seen it as LC3Z7Z302A for 10R140. Which also matches Fords interactive website.

1784665502168.webp


Filter: FT-221
1784665571190.webp


Gasket: PC3Z7F396A
1784666458966.webp
 
@AZsurveyor Question about the Filter Boot Gasket.

You have it listed as 7T4Z-7Z302-A. Ford's website shows this seal for the 10R100

View attachment 263051


For the 10R140

Other places I've seen it as LC3Z7Z302A for 10R140. Which also matches Fords interactive website.

View attachment 263049

Filter: FT-221
View attachment 263050

Gasket: PC3Z7F396A
View attachment 263052
That explains why it was such a tight fit over the boot.

The only way I managed to seat it fully was by inserting the entire filter element into the shaft, which let the gasket slide over the boot -- if that makes sense.

Are the filter elements different from each other?
 
I know there's a lot of hate out there for the Banks stuff, but their testing has always resonated with me. I don't know that i agree with their style of marketing, but that's not my company and it certainly gets his message out there. Every product i run of thiers, I'm impressed and I'm not an easy guy to impress.

On my deleted truck, i run a race pipe with an aero-turbine 4040XL muffler installed. I run the Banks Monster tailpipe that clears my rear resi shocks, the Carli airbags and 38x13.5" spare tire in the Carli trophy hitch (in the stock location). The fit and finish is the best I've seen in an exhaust. I was considering swapping my S&B intake and charge pipe to banks, but now I'm down the MPP/SPE road looking at non-VGT turbos and piping kits.

I was going to go PPE on the trans pan, but saw banks was coming out with one. I'm at 70K, so i was OK with waiting a bit. It came in yesterday and I have zero regrets waiting. This thing is badass! I'll report on the install once I get it on.

View attachment 263031
View attachment 263032
The Banks website says still under development. You have an inside source?
 
I know there's a lot of hate out there for the Banks stuff, but their testing has always resonated with me. I don't know that i agree with their style of marketing, but that's not my company and it certainly gets his message out there. Every product i run of thiers, I'm impressed and I'm not an easy guy to impress.

On my deleted truck, i run a race pipe with an aero-turbine 4040XL muffler installed. I run the Banks Monster tailpipe that clears my rear resi shocks, the Carli airbags and 38x13.5" spare tire in the Carli trophy hitch (in the stock location). The fit and finish is the best I've seen in an exhaust. I was considering swapping my S&B intake and charge pipe to banks, but now I'm down the MPP/SPE road looking at non-VGT turbos and piping kits.

I was going to go PPE on the trans pan, but saw banks was coming out with one. I'm at 70K, so i was OK with waiting a bit. It came in yesterday and I have zero regrets waiting. This thing is badass! I'll report on the install once I get it on.

View attachment 263031
View attachment 263032
Do you have Trans skid plate and if so are you using the scoop on the pan or leaving it off? Would it fit with the trans skid plates?
 
PPE was just temp out of stock for their pans. The 20-22 w/o the stan pipe are still out of stock but the ones with are back. Which work 20-26.

I too am going to go with the smaller 5qt pan. It was originally spec'd for the 7.3 only but they now list it as an option for the 6.7L.

Extra Plus is the use of the OEM gasket! No RTV!

Wish someone just made a 0 to +2qt aluminum pan with drain plug. But this is as close as it gets.

Or wait another few years for the Banks one with the gimmick scoop. 🤣🤣
View attachment 262993
View attachment 262992 View attachment 262994
BTW, appreciate the heads up on this. I just ordered one before they become scarce again. Lol.
I’m going to take credit for them now listing this one as a gas/ diesel fitment. Some time ago, maybe in this thread, I had called their tech support to ask if the gasser version would fit the diesel since it was not shown as compatible. They pulled the CAD and said it did, but the diesel one would not fit the gasser. They even sent me the drawings. 😁
 
Do you have Trans skid plate and if so are you using the scoop on the pan or leaving it off? Would it fit with the trans skid plates?
Haven't gotten under there yet. I'll let you know and post pictures when i do it!
 
The Banks website says still under development. You have an inside source?
I fear I've already said too much; I didn't know it wasn't available yet. Once you enter the "2x Tremor of the Month" club, people (and companies) begin throwing themselves at you. It's disgusting.
 
BTW, appreciate the heads up on this. I just ordered one before they become scarce again. Lol.
I’m going to take credit for them now listing this one as a gas/ diesel fitment. Some time ago, maybe in this thread, I had called their tech support to ask if the gasser version would fit the diesel since it was not shown as compatible. They pulled the CAD and said it did, but the diesel one would not fit the gasser. They even sent me the drawings. 😁
I too just ordered one of the 5QT pans in all black. Now just gotta figure out if I want to run the Motorcraft UVL, Amsoil UVL or the Hotshots Green Diamond UVL. Currently at 36,800 miles.

Thank you for doing the leg work on confirming. I had always assumed it would since its essentially the same transmission.
 
I too just ordered one of the 5QT pans in all black. Now just gotta figure out if I want to run the Motorcraft UVL, Amsoil UVL or the Hotshots Green Diamond UVL. Currently at 36,800 miles.

Thank you for doing the leg work on confirming. I had always assumed it would since its essentially the same transmission.
Yup! The OEM pans are the same part #, but better safe than sorry!
Now if only they will get the diff cover and oil filter back in stock.
 
I was thinking about this thread as I rolled around town today. According to the manual, you are supposed to add an initial fill of 6 quarts. So 6 plus whatever extra the new pan holds. This will “enable the vehicle to be driven to heat the trans oil to between (whatever) and (whatever) “ before topping up to the correct level.
I assume it’s safe to drive for 20+ miles? It seems like it took at least that and more to even get it to the 170*s.
 
I assume it’s safe to drive for 20+ miles?


Yes, it should be when according to published instructions as you have done.

It's only temporary, and you're not towing a heavy load up a mountain before you know you have the correct fluid level.

I know you. You do things the right way. :geek: 🏁



*hey will you look at that. I joined this illustrious cadre of Tremor aficionados one year ago today!

🎂
 
Yes, it should be when according to published instructions as you have done.

It's only temporary, and you're not towing a heavy load up a mountain before you know you have the correct fluid level.

I know you. You do things the right way. :geek: 🏁



*hey will you look at that. I joined this illustrious cadre of Tremor aficionados one year ago today!

🎂
Well crap. I was going to put the ATV in the bed and hook up the trailer to heat the fluid up faster 🤪
 
B... b... but that's the right way to get the fluid hot FASTER! :geek:


See! TOLD YOU you knew whatcho0wer doin'. :ROFLMAO:
 
Update on the Banks Transmission pan -

Unfortunately, the release date has been pushed back by several months, maybe 6. This is due to the engineers not being happy with the Aluminum.

The good news is that Banks is taking this opportunity to redesign this pan to be a universal fit for both the 6.7 and the 7.3 transmissions.
 
That sucks. Need to change trans fluid soon.
 
  • Like
Reactions: MVI
The good news is that Banks is taking this opportunity to redesign this pan to be a universal fit for both the 6.7 and the 7.3 transmissions.
TBH, that’s the way to go. Streamline your inventory and manufacturing.
 
Back
Top Bottom