Carli Pathfinder suspension

1000002956.webp
 

Attachments

  • 20250804_072738.webp
    20250804_072738.webp
    189.3 KB · Views: 25
Here's one of his earlier posts regarding this issue. Not sure if it helps you, but its worth a shot.

Lower, rear shock mount bolt is a 12mm on the 05-16, then 14mm on 17-25. We're including both 12mm and 14mm misalignment to ensure the bearings adapt to both hardware sizes.
 
Here's one of his earlier posts regarding this issue. Not sure if it helps you, but its worth a shot.

Lower, rear shock mount bolt is a 12mm on the 05-16, then 14mm on 17-25. We're including both 12mm and 14mm misalignment to ensure the bearings adapt to both hardware sizes.
I get that but out of 2 shocks I only have two spacers that fit. Out of all supplied hardware.
I have 2 x 14mm spacers and 6x 12mm spacers. The the upper is 2 long spacers and 2 short spacers.
 
Last edited:
Got it. I wasn't sure exactly how these mount. The Fox 2.0 Backcountry I had and the oem shocks didn't use any kind of metal sleeve or spacer just the bolt. So if you used those up top, I was thinking maybe you weren't supposed to if the shocks are designed like those. But that may not be the case.
 
Yeah, I'd be inclined to think the same then. I imagine you'll get a response soon. Or maybe give them a call. I needed rebuild parts for my stabilizer and I got that taken care of pretty quick over the phone.
 
@BLACKCHERRY,
Dan I seem to have a issue with the rear shock misalignment spacers. Only 1 fits on the lower bolt for each rear shock. also there were no instructions on the upper spacer. I just guessed the longer of the 2 go to the frame side.
Correct, the installation instructions are part of the kit.
 

Attachments

I get that but out of 2 shocks I only have two spacers that fit. Out of all supplied hardware.
I have 2 x 14mm spacers and 6x 12mm spacers. The the upper is 2 long spacers and 2 short spacers.
DM me your address - I'll have those 14mm overnighted!
 
Dumb question probably but does anyone happen to know if the 2.0 Backcountry reservoir brackets can also be used with the 2.5 Pathfinder reservoirs?
 
Dumb question probably but does anyone happen to know if the 2.0 Backcountry reservoir brackets can also be used with the 2.5 Pathfinder reservoirs?
No, they can’t. The Pathfinder has its own resi mount that’s not interchangeable with any other shock. The placement of the hose clamps is specific to the machined channels on the reservoir itself. The mount is specific to the this unique setup.
IMG_3811.webp
 
No, they can’t. The Pathfinder has its own resi mount that’s not interchangeable with any other shock. The placement of the hose clamps is specific to the machined channels on the reservoir itself. The mount is specific to the this unique setup.
View attachment 220917
Will these shocks deliver a commuter ride on pavement? I hear they are the sweet spot with a great on road ride and perform close to a pintop off-road.
 
Will these shocks deliver a commuter ride on pavement? I hear they are the sweet spot with a great on road ride and perform close to a pintop off-road.

from what I’ve read these fall in between the backcountry and pintops
 
Speaking of Springs, I assume if I wanted to upgrade to the Pathfinder shocks on my ‘24 with the Full BackCountry catalog it’s just a shock swap, Coils and Full Progressives still tuned for them?


This damn truck is a money pit… 😂


Correct! lmao.

You fellers is a vewwy baaaad influence.

I want to do the Commuter kit/system - everything but the hitch since I'm staying w/ the OEM Tremor wheel/tire for now (35.1"! baby! YEAH... but would like to do the narrowest 37" on a Method [are my 705s available in 18" for the SD?] bead grip, later) and for dampers use these Pathfinders...

...that is unless as someone may have alluded to (not sure) that a "gas"-[engine] Pathfinder and springs kit may be releasing currently.

But the idea is, Commuter for it's claim for road use and slow off-highway trail driving... and a bigger diameter damper w/ a reservior and bitchin' oil in 'em.

Yeah, baby. Yeah.

Am I close? or still cornfused.
 
Will these shocks deliver a commuter ride on pavement? I hear they are the sweet spot with a great on road ride and perform close to a pintop off-road.
The Backcountry and Pathfinder are better on-road than the Commuter. The Commuter is a great bang for the buck option, but the remote reservoir shocks with the less aggressive tune ride better than the IFP.
 
Correct! lmao.

You fellers is a vewwy baaaad influence.

I want to do the Commuter kit/system - everything but the hitch since I'm staying w/ the OEM Tremor wheel/tire for now (35.1"! baby! YEAH... but would like to do the narrowest 37" on a Method [are my 705s available in 18" for the SD?] bead grip, later) and for dampers use these Pathfinders...

...that is unless as someone may have alluded to (not sure) that a "gas"-[engine] Pathfinder and springs kit may be releasing currently.

But the idea is, Commuter for it's claim for road use and slow off-highway trail driving... and a bigger diameter damper w/ a reservior and bitchin' oil in 'em.

Yeah, baby. Yeah.

Am I close? or still cornfused.
Pathfinder will ride better than the Commuter, for sure. The gas kits are released, shipping early September.
 
Back
Top Bottom