Carli Pathfinder suspension

We don't have them for stock coils/height, unfortunately.


I realize that Carli anything is worth it.

I hope to purchase and have installed a full Carli kit (I understand there are several for the Super Duty) once I figure out which direction I want to take my truck.

In the meantime (next two years) - can/would anyone recommend a good to excellent damper upgrade in/for the factory Tremor ride height?

Cheers!
 
You might try driving with no front sway bar for a week or so if your plow mount will bolt on without it. A lot of us are running without and love it.
I didn't even realize that was an option! Any potential for damage?
 
Started shipping yesterday; anxious to hear everyone's feedback!
Unfortunately I need to wait until 9/9 for install. My dealer/installer is 6 hours from me so I planned a trip for it. They should be among the first receiving shipments as we ordered as soon as we could. Seriously stoked!
 
I'm not sure if I want to do a scientific approach with installing the springs first and seeing how a Carli/Bilstein combo differ with the Icon/Bilstein. Then Install shocks to get the intended effect. Or just throw everything on and wonder lol. Either way I have to wait for the shocks to show up so I can install the resi mounts with the springs. First world problems I know!
 
I didn't even realize that was an option! Any potential for damage?
Nope! Only real risk is that the truck may be a little squirrelier in emergency situations. It takes about 5 mins to remove the swaybar. Then take it out on the highway and gently test it out. I've got other live axle offroad trucks that have never had a sway bar, only difference is the SD is a "bit" bigger and heavier. Also if you tow you might notice you have to provide more steering input to track perfectly straight, same for high speed highway driving particularly in high cross winds.

FWIW, the absolute perfect solution to the sway bar problem is a sway bar disconnect. It'd be super easy to design and Carli or someone should offer this solution. Nothing against the Carli sway bar but it's trying to be the best of both worlds, a sway bar disconnect would actually be the best of both worlds.
 
I didn't even realize that was an option! Any potential for damage?
Honestly on highway curves it feels more like a lifted half ton now. You get some body roll but if you hadn't rode in the truck with the bar, you wouldn't notice it at all. You still have extremely stiff coils comparatively, leaf springs, and a solid axle. A solid axle with coils has sway limiting built into the design somewhat. Leaf springs definitely dampen sway.

I am running Carli coils fwiw.
 
I realize that Carli anything is worth it.

I hope to purchase and have installed a full Carli kit (I understand there are several for the Super Duty) once I figure out which direction I want to take my truck.

In the meantime (next two years) - can/would anyone recommend a good to excellent damper upgrade in/for the factory Tremor ride height?

Cheers!
If you want Carli remote reservoir quality for a stock height truck check Accutune. A lot of us are running them, even with Carli coils using their lifted versions.
 
Nope! Only real risk is that the truck may be a little squirrelier in emergency situations. It takes about 5 mins to remove the swaybar. Then take it out on the highway and gently test it out. I've got other live axle offroad trucks that have never had a sway bar, only difference is the SD is a "bit" bigger and heavier. Also if you tow you might notice you have to provide more steering input to track perfectly straight, same for high speed highway driving particularly in high cross winds.

FWIW, the absolute perfect solution to the sway bar problem is a sway bar disconnect. It'd be super easy to design and Carli or someone should offer this solution. Nothing against the Carli sway bar but it's trying to be the best of both worlds, a sway bar disconnect would actually be the best of both worlds.
I see. Well, I already ordered the torsion sway bar, and I don't plan to plow for a few more years (moving eventually so it won't matter till then). EOG or someone else will have something by then to work with their sway bar so I think I'll be good. Thanks for explaining it to me!
 
I see. Well, I already ordered the torsion sway bar, and I don't plan to plow for a few more years (moving eventually so it won't matter till then). EOG or someone else will have something by then to work with their sway bar so I think I'll be good. Thanks for explaining it to me!
There's nuance to the no-sway-bar thing. It's not as simple as "pull it" for everyone - that's a wild recommendation.

I ran no sway bar on my 2006 F250 when we prototyped our Pintop 2.5" System in the Leveling Height. With the add-a-packs, I still had a ton of support from the rear leaf springs, so it was doable. Add in the full progressive rear springs and things would get pretty wonky under load. Same for the 4.5", the higher center of gravity didn't like the lack of sway bar.

Emergency maneuving is where the real problem can arrise. As a rule, i tell people not to pull the sway bar unless they have 2.5" (diameter) shocks, or larger. In our lineup, 2.5" shocks usually means Carli Full Progressive Leaf Springs; make sure you're supplementing the lighter rate leaf springs with airbags if you plan to haul. You could run add-a-packs with stock leaf springs and 2.5" shocks with no sway bar, but that's leaving a LOT of ride quality on the table vs. a 2.5" Shock, Carli Leaf Springs and a Torsion Sway Bar.
 
Nope! Only real risk is that the truck may be a little squirrelier in emergency situations. It takes about 5 mins to remove the swaybar. Then take it out on the highway and gently test it out. I've got other live axle offroad trucks that have never had a sway bar, only difference is the SD is a "bit" bigger and heavier. Also if you tow you might notice you have to provide more steering input to track perfectly straight, same for high speed highway driving particularly in high cross winds.

FWIW, the absolute perfect solution to the sway bar problem is a sway bar disconnect. It'd be super easy to design and Carli or someone should offer this solution. Nothing against the Carli sway bar but it's trying to be the best of both worlds, a sway bar disconnect would actually be the best of both worlds.
A stock sway bar with a disconnect means the sway bar is on or off. We've played with this and don't like it for these rigs. Sway bar connected means the tires are connected - a bump felt on the right tire reverberates through the chassis and is felt throughout. Disconnected means the tires can act far more independently (within the confines of what the radius arm bushings will allow). This allows for a better ride, but far less control at speed, especially with a raised COG.

This is why we designed the Torsion Sway Bar. It allows for the disconnected sway bar feeling for the first couple inches of articulation, then engages progressively to add more support as the articulation increases. The radius arm bushings will bind and lift the axle before our sway bar binds which means there's no need for a disconnect; our sway bar doesn't limit the articulation in adding the high-speed support.
 
A stock sway bar with a disconnect means the sway bar is on or off. We've played with this and don't like it for these rigs. Sway bar connected means the tires are connected - a bump felt on the right tire reverberates through the chassis and is felt throughout. Disconnected means the tires can act far more independently (within the confines of what the radius arm bushings will allow). This allows for a better ride, but far less control at speed, especially with a raised COG.

This is why we designed the Torsion Sway Bar. It allows for the disconnected sway bar feeling for the first couple inches of articulation, then engages progressively to add more support as the articulation increases. The radius arm bushings will bind and lift the axle before our sway bar binds which means there's no need for a disconnect; our sway bar doesn't limit the articulation in adding the high-speed support.
This is the best explanation for your torsion way bar I have seen yet. Thanks for this. 👊
 
FordFanStan said:
@BLACKCHERRY, for these Pathfinders, will you be able to send the vector graphics files so we can get matching colored decals? I do not think anything has been updated since the new site was released? (https://shop.carlisuspension.com/shop/swag/decals/carli-decals/)
Haven't actually thought of this... let me see what i can do!

@BLACKCHERRY I know I'm being picky, but I don't want to install until I can get color-matched graphics. 🫣
IMG_0124.webp
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4911.webp
    IMG_4911.webp
    169.2 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_2229.webp
    IMG_2229.webp
    21.9 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_2219.webp
    IMG_2219.webp
    194.2 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_4650.webp
    IMG_4650.webp
    471.7 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_3116.webp
    IMG_3116.webp
    101 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_3109.webp
    IMG_3109.webp
    268.9 KB · Views: 57
I went e-venture because I just couldn’t do a rebranded Icon package in the Pathfinder.
 
I went e-venture because I just couldn’t do a rebranded Icon package in the Pathfinder.
Re-branded implies there's an existing product, a different label is slapped on it's resold as something else without alteration.

These shocks never lived as an ICON shock. The design and blueprinted lengths, hoses spacers, etc. are all specific to Carli. Most importantly, the internals are specific to Carli. I have spent more time with this shock piston than anyone at this point. There are VERY different approaches to tuning and we don't fit their far more simplistic mold. We don't use their shock dynos; we tune based on seat of the pants. We'll only run a touch of digression with a ton of shim support, they run more digression and WAY less compression shim support. These shocks might look like an ICON with a Carli decal, but they ride absolutely nothing like an ICON.

At the end of the day, there are a lot of great shock manufacturers out there. Quality isn't a foundational issue if you buy King, Fox, ICON, Bilstein, ADS, Falcon, Sway-a-Way, Carbon, Elka, Radflow, the list goes on and on. What's important is how refined the product is to the system in which it's integrated and how well the person spec'ing them backs their play. We put the same effort into tuning these that we've put into all other custom shocks in our linup. Further, we're backing them so you know there's support behind them.

I appreciate your view and support as a Carli customer. I knew i'd need to address this comment sooner or later and I'd rather it be friendly-fire, anyway, lol! We're a believer in these shocks; in time - this forum will be too. Their quality has come a LONG way since their old leaking steel-bodies that tarnished their reputation back in the day.
 
Re-branded implies there's an existing product, a different label is slapped on it's resold as something else without alteration.

These shocks never lived as an ICON shock. The design and blueprinted lengths, hoses spacers, etc. are all specific to Carli. Most importantly, the internals are specific to Carli. I have spent more time with this shock piston than anyone at this point. There are VERY different approaches to tuning and we don't fit their far more simplistic mold. We don't use their shock dynos; we tune based on seat of the pants. We'll only run a touch of digression with a ton of shim support, they run more digression and WAY less compression shim support. These shocks might look like an ICON with a Carli decal, but they ride absolutely nothing like an ICON.

At the end of the day, there are a lot of great shock manufacturers out there. Quality isn't a foundational issue if you buy King, Fox, ICON, Bilstein, ADS, Falcon, Sway-a-Way, Carbon, Elka, Radflow, the list goes on and on. What's important is how refined the product is to the system in which it's integrated and how well the person spec'ing them backs their play. We put the same effort into tuning these that we've put into all other custom shocks in our linup. Further, we're backing them so you know there's support behind them.

I appreciate your view and support as a Carli customer. I knew i'd need to address this comment sooner or later and I'd rather it be friendly-fire, anyway, lol! We're a believer in these shocks; in time - this forum will be too. Their quality has come a LONG way since their old leaking steel-bodies that tarnished their reputation back in the day.
That’s fair! They do look cool. Major Carli supporter, and very excited to run the e-venture. Are the ventures based off any manufacturer as far as shock body, etc?
 
That’s fair! They do look cool. Major Carli supporter, and very excited to run the e-venture. Are the ventures based off any manufacturer as far as shock body, etc?
The E-Venture is made by SDI (Suspension Direct). Their shock design is nearly identical to the Carli-SPEC 2.5". There's not been much progression in the shock world and things are starting to look pretty darn similar. If you remove the decals from an ICON, SDI or Walker Evan's shock, you'd be hard-pressed to know which is which. All good products.
 
Shocks showed up, they look awesome! Now do I spend my night installing or taking my GF out for her Birthday today......
Get her to help you instead. It’s bonding time and its a birthday surprise she didn’t see coming
 
Back
Top Bottom