Carli Pathfinder suspension

Some inspiration!
 

Attachments

  • 40's insperation 1.webp
    40's insperation 1.webp
    176.9 KB · Views: 89
I think I have settled on the 3.5 springs and 38's. I already have progressive rear springs and will be installing the brake line kit for the 5.5 lift. This way I am only out spring cost if I decide to go up to the 5.5" and 40's. The C load rating just does not quite get me there.
 
I think I have settled on the 3.5 springs and 38's. I already have progressive rear springs and will be installing the brake line kit for the 5.5 lift. This way I am only out spring cost if I decide to go up to the 5.5" and 40's. The C load rating just does not quite get me there.
Yes, yes! Just do the 5.5 lift with 40's! You're gonna do it anyways might as well do it now! Be a part of the Fo Oh club! Membership fee is...$2,500 in tires! 🤪
 
I thought the 5.5 kit was needed to go 38’s
 
I have seen pics and videos of 38's on a 3.5 kit. I do not want to have to buy new wheels to get a d rated 40. My front axle is also pushed forward .5 inch at the moment 38x11.50's will fit but I think I want to try the Falken's out which are 13.50. Now just wait for the at4 to emerge or go with the rt01
 
I think I have settled on the 3.5 springs and 38's. I already have progressive rear springs and will be installing the brake line kit for the 5.5 lift. This way I am only out spring cost if I decide to go up to the 5.5" and 40's. The C load rating just does not quite get me there.
38s don't fit the 3.5", 40" do not fit the 5.5". 5.5" Brake lines provide too much slack on a 3.5" and will likely chafe or catch on something.

I ran C load rated 40s on my 9,200lb Ram for years - i have another set to throw on after these F Rated BFG. So long as the load rating is there and you're not towing excessively heavy - they could suit your needs. I am running D-Rated on my Super Duty.
 
Not sure if folks are aware,
Carli Pathfinder Systems are available for pre-order.
Gentlemen get your wallets out and start your engines 🥳 🎇



[td][CENTER][TABLE width="100%"]
[TR]
[td][CENTER][TABLE]
[TR]
[td][TABLE width="6.25in"]
[TR]
[td width="6.25in"][TABLE width="100.0%"]
[TR]
[td][TABLE width="100.0%"]
[TR]
[td]

​

​






[B]FORD & RAM HD PATHFINDER SYSTEMS NOW AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER[/B]



[B]The Why:[/B]

[B]Nestled between the Backcountry and Pintop, [/B]the [B]Pathfinder [/B]system is built for those prioritizing on-road comfort and off-road confidence. Akin to a Backcountry on pavement and only slightly off-pace the Pintop’s dirt performance, the Pathfinder removes all strain from your daily drive while inspiring you to venture beyond the tarmac.



This system delivers a[B] controlled and predictable ride for light to moderate off-road use,[/B] though it won’t stay as composed as the Pintop over aggressive, high-speed terrain. On the road, however, the Pathfinder stands out. Small and medium imperfections are absorbed with ease, creating a supple, comfortable ride that doesn’t require an aggressive driving style to feel its benefits. It’s the perfect choice for drivers who value daily comfort, but want their suspension to come alive when venturing off the pavement.





[B]Shock Details:[/B]

The Pathfinder is equipped with [B]Carli-SPEC 2.5” aluminum-bodied shocks[/B] finished with a hard-anodized coating for superior corrosion and scratch resistance. All billet components are black-anodized, creating a sleek, premium look straight out of the box—an aesthetic that previously cost customers over $1,200 in custom color upgrades on our King kits. Inside, we’ve spec’d a high-performance red shock oil designed to resist heat and fade, even under spirited driving, ensuring consistent damping and long-term reliability. [B]The Pathfinder delivers unmatched on-road composure and comfort[/B] for which many are happy to sacrifice the extremes of off-road capability they’d find in our King-Shock offerings.

[B] [/B]




[CENTER][TABLE width="423.0pt"]
[TR]
[td]

​

​


[/td]
​

​
[/td]
[/TR]
​
​
[/td]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]​
[/td]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]​
[/td]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]​
[/td]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]​
[/td]
[/TR]
[/TABLE][/CENTER][/td]
[/TR]
[/TABLE][/CENTER][/CENTER]
 

Attachments

  • 1752702641896.webp
    1752702641896.webp
    28.1 KB · Views: 28
38s don't fit the 3.5", 40" do not fit the 5.5". 5.5" Brake lines provide too much slack on a 3.5" and will likely chafe or catch on something.

I ran C load rated 40s on my 9,200lb Ram for years - i have another set to throw on after these F Rated BFG. So long as the load rating is there and you're not towing excessively heavy - they could suit your needs. I am running D-Rated on my Super Duty.
It was my understanding that both scenarios work with trimming. At least according to CJC.
 

Current setup:​

2024 F350 Platinum on factory steel 18-inch rims and 35-inch Ko3 tires with Fox 2.0 shocks and steering stabilizer. The truck is primarily used for daily driving and towing a 14k fifth wheel during the camping season, occasionally for hunting roads, and is not intended for off-road use.​


Now, leaning towards the 3.5'' Pathfinder series(was considering backcountry and pintop) with the following:​

1. CS-FTSB-LVL-17
17-24 FORD F250/350 4X4 TORSION SWAY BAR KIT - 2.5"/3.5" LIFT WITH END LINKS
2.CS-FFSP-LVL-17
17-24 FORD F250/350 4X4 FULL PROGRESSIVE LEAF SPRING KIT - 1" LIFT
3. CS-FSHACKLE-11
05-24 FORD F250/350 4X4 FABRICATED LEAF SPRING SHACKLE
4.CS-FPSKIT-3X2
05-24 FORD F250/350 4X4 FORD PINION SHIM KIT, 2 DEGREE
5. Full travel airbags

Do I need the adjustable radius arm? Will this help a lot to smooth the ride?
Can this be added later easily, or would it be better to do it with suspension upgrades?
Anything else I am missing? Sincerely looking for advice.



  • ​

    ​


​

 

Current setup:​

2024 F350 Platinum on factory steel 18-inch rims and 35-inch Ko3 tires with Fox 2.0 shocks and steering stabilizer. The truck is primarily used for daily driving and towing a 14k fifth wheel during the camping season, occasionally for hunting roads, and is not intended for off-road use.​


Now, leaning towards the 3.5'' Pathfinder series(was considering backcountry and pintop) with the following:​

1. CS-FTSB-LVL-17
17-24 FORD F250/350 4X4 TORSION SWAY BAR KIT - 2.5"/3.5" LIFT WITH END LINKS
2.CS-FFSP-LVL-17
17-24 FORD F250/350 4X4 FULL PROGRESSIVE LEAF SPRING KIT - 1" LIFT
3. CS-FSHACKLE-11
05-24 FORD F250/350 4X4 FABRICATED LEAF SPRING SHACKLE
4.CS-FPSKIT-3X2
05-24 FORD F250/350 4X4 FORD PINION SHIM KIT, 2 DEGREE
5. Full travel airbags

Do I need the adjustable radius arm? Will this help a lot to smooth the ride?
Can this be added later easily, or would it be better to do it with suspension upgrades?
Anything else I am missing? Sincerely looking for advice.




  • ​

    ​



​

​

you can add the radius arms after very easily. Did it in an hour in my driveway. They aren't 100% necessary but do help dialing in caster with alignment.
 
It was my understanding that both scenarios work with trimming. At least according to CJC.
"Work" is a relative term. I am on 5.5" and 38s - If i flex the rear on Jeep trails, I'll take my bedside off with even 38s. Blasting through the desert, they clear well enough but still get into my tremor flares pretty good in the rear. 40s would destroy this truck with the tremor flares running it the way i do. Then again, i have a ton of customers that run them without issue. It's very use-case dependent, BUT i will only recommend what works for the intended purpose of the kit. Throw 40s on a 5.5" Pathfinder, Pintop, EVenture or Dominator to use it as we do in our videos, and you're going to be body-working!
Current setup:

2024 F350 Platinum on factory steel 18-inch rims and 35-inch Ko3 tires with Fox 2.0 shocks and steering stabilizer. The truck is primarily used for daily driving and towing a 14k fifth wheel during the camping season, occasionally for hunting roads, and is not intended for off-road use. Now, leaning towards the 3.5'' Pathfinder series(was considering backcountry and pintop) with the following:​

1. CS-FTSB-LVL-17
17-24 FORD F250/350 4X4 TORSION SWAY BAR KIT - 2.5"/3.5" LIFT WITH END LINKS
2.CS-FFSP-LVL-17
17-24 FORD F250/350 4X4 FULL PROGRESSIVE LEAF SPRING KIT - 1" LIFT
3. CS-FSHACKLE-11
05-24 FORD F250/350 4X4 FABRICATED LEAF SPRING SHACKLE
4.CS-FPSKIT-3X2
05-24 FORD F250/350 4X4 FORD PINION SHIM KIT, 2 DEGREE
5. Full travel airbags

Do I need the adjustable radius arm? Will this help a lot to smooth the ride?
Can this be added later easily, or would it be better to do it with suspension upgrades?
Anything else I am missing? Sincerely looking for advice.
Pathfinder all the way. You're looking at the Backcountry and Pintop - this kit slots between them. I call it the "Everymans" 2.5" shock. I can't recommend it enough. I've been doing this a LONG time and finally did the shock everyone's after that thinks they want a Pintop. There are exceptions to that rule, but they know who they are... If you plan to beat it up in the dirt, get the Pintops. If it's 90% on-road with the occasional off-road trip where it's respected for being an 8,500lbs $90K truck, the Pathfinder is more than enough.

Radius arms are huge for strength, aesthetic and achieving proper caster. Necessary... Naw. Cool? HELL YES. Most all options can be added easily after the fact. Only ones i recommend up-front for ride quality are the Torsion Sway Bar, Full Leaf Springs and Shackles!

They also look badass
This haha
 
"Work" is a relative term. I am on 5.5" and 38s - If i flex the rear on Jeep trails, I'll take my bedside off with even 38s. Blasting through the desert, they clear well enough but still get into my tremor flares pretty good in the rear. 40s would destroy this truck with the tremor flares running it the way i do. Then again, i have a ton of customers that run them without issue. It's very use-case dependent, BUT i will only recommend what works for the intended purpose of the kit. Throw 40s on a 5.5" Pathfinder, Pintop, EVenture or Dominator to use it as we do in our videos, and you're going to be body-working!

Pathfinder all the way. You're looking at the Backcountry and Pintop - this kit slots between them. I call it the "Everymans" 2.5" shock. I can't recommend it enough. I've been doing this a LONG time and finally did the shock everyone's after that thinks they want a Pintop. There are exceptions to that rule, but they know who they are... If you plan to beat it up in the dirt, get the Pintops. If it's 90% on-road with the occasional off-road trip where it's respected for being an 8,500lbs $90K truck, the Pathfinder is more than enough.

Radius arms are huge for strength, aesthetic and achieving proper caster. Necessary... Naw. Cool? HELL YES. Most all options can be added easily after the fact. Only ones i recommend up-front for ride quality are the Torsion Sway Bar, Full Leaf Springs and Shackles!


This haha
I opted for everything except the radius arms and airbags for now. For those of you who want to plow, in the process or building my kit I found a shop in Maine that is working on a Fisher plow receiver that works with the torsion sway bar; Expedition Off-Road Development / www.eodupfitters.com / @eodupfitters
I was told to save my factory sway bar and swap it as needed for plowing. I'm hoping to avoid that.

Thanks for everything on here, @BLACKCHERRY ! So excited to get my Pathfinder installed in early September!
 
Not as this time. May do something in the future but i address the limitations in this post: https://www.fordtremor.com/threads/carli-pathfinder-suspension.21475/#post-472206

With how high the Tremor is, the VERY slight lift you get from our springs won't even take the rake out with the stock rear springs; you're still like 1"-1.5" rear high. It's as close to a stock ride height as you can get squeezing out significantly more performance.

1-2 weeks, shipping in 3-4 weeks.

Nope, the front coils are the same! These shocks are tuned around our progressive leaf springs. I just tested them with the stock F250 leaf springs and they actually ride pretty darn good! Haven't checked with the 3 leaf main Tremor/350 leaf springs.

The Commuter has been shipping for a while now; that's the highest level we valve specifically for the stock rears. This kit can be seen/selected here:


As said above; i tested these with stock leaf springs and they're awesome. Limited by the short travel and overload spring, but surprisingly good. Again, that's a 2-leaf main F250 pack. I'll test the 350 (3 leaf main) when the opportunity presents itself.
I’ve got that setup in Washington State if you wanna give it a go! 😎

The rear in stock form rides like a darn tank.
 
Really interested in this setup for my 22 F350 Tremor diesel. I ultimately will have a Four Wheel Camper in the bed part time which will weight around 1500 lbs, but it won’t be there fulltime. I’m struggling with which springs for the rear that will at least ride better than factory, but still handle the weight.

I use the truck for the trails in western Colorado, mountain 4WD passes, etc as well as weeklong trips through the canyons in areas like the Maze in canyonlands. Lower in height is always better for me, so the 3.5” kit is as high as I want.
 
Really interested in this setup for my 22 F350 Tremor diesel. I ultimately will have a Four Wheel Camper in the bed part time which will weight around 1500 lbs, but it won’t be there fulltime. I’m struggling with which springs for the rear that will at least ride better than factory, but still handle the weight.

I use the truck for the trails in western Colorado, mountain 4WD passes, etc as well as weeklong trips through the canyons in areas like the Maze in canyonlands. Lower in height is always better for me, so the 3.5” kit is as high as I want.
Since it’s just part time I’m thinking air bags give you the most flexibility
 
Back
Top Bottom