Carli Pathfinder suspension

Great job! Btw, the price point for the Pathfinder vs the BC makes this a no brainer in my opinion to go with Pathfinder
Agreed! I was literally about to approve a quote for BC but this release timing could not be more perfect!
 
@BLACKCHERRY you might want to double check the 5.5 diesel pathfinder front sway bar selection. It doesn’t match the options in terms of brackets compared to BC kit. The 5.5in Diesel Pathfinder looks like it’s displaying the 2.5/3.5 bracket drop and sway bar options?

Also, not seeing airbag option for Pathfinders kit.

Just trying to help with another set of eyes, I know yall were working hard to get it on the site!
Appreciate it! Should be fixed now.
 
Appreciate it! Should be fixed now.
Yep looks good! At first I was like only a $500 uplift to Pathfinder… that’s when I compared the shocks only price and noticed about 1K uplift from BC to Pathfinder. Still a no brainer in my opinion to go Pathfinder over BC
 
I’m sure I missed it, these are meant to be paired to the progressive leaf springs correct? Would there be any adversities if they were paired to stock 350 leafs other than not ideal ride quality.
 
I’m sure I missed it, these are meant to be paired to the progressive leaf springs correct? Would there be any adversities if they were paired to stock 350 leafs other than not ideal ride quality.

I have the full Carli BC setup with full progressive springs and long travel airbags.. I asked about a simple swap of BC shocks to Pathfinder and if what I have would still be tuned to fit Pathfinder shocks and was told yes
 
I’m sure I missed it, these are meant to be paired to the progressive leaf springs correct? Would there be any adversities if they were paired to stock 350 leafs other than not ideal ride quality.
So I am sure these are designed to be run with the full progressive leafs but I ran my Pintops on stock 350 leafs for over a year until I could afford to upgrade. They will never ride like the full leafs but they weren’t terrible and I would imagine the Pathfinder would do a little better. Dan can confirm this but, even just upgrading the shocks from the commuter was a huge improvement in overall ride quality and towing. Especially when towing. I honestly think that was one of my most noticeable improvements as I bought each individual component over time.
 
I keep going back and fourth on 3.5 or 5.5. Every time I see 40's on a 5.5 I get all gooey inside.
I don't think you've said anything better!
 
I keep going back and fourth on 3.5 or 5.5. Every time I see 40's on a 5.5 I get all gooey inside.

Size matters

Go the 5.5 kit if on the fence. You can still go 37’s, 38’s, or 40’s
 
Basically the 5.5 is what everyone should go with unless you are restricted because of 5th wheel towing or if you need a level because of parking situations. I wish I could have done the 5.5.
 
I’m sure I missed it, these are meant to be paired to the progressive leaf springs correct? Would there be any adversities if they were paired to stock 350 leafs other than not ideal ride quality.
These are valved for the full progressive leaf springs, yes. We've tested them with the 250 packs (2 main leaf springs vs. the 3 of the F350) and add-a-pack with great result. No adverse affects other than bottle-necked ride quality.
So I am sure these are designed to be run with the full progressive leafs but I ran my Pintops on stock 350 leafs for over a year until I could afford to upgrade. They will never ride like the full leafs but they weren’t terrible and I would imagine the Pathfinder would do a little better. Dan can confirm this but, even just upgrading the shocks from the commuter was a huge improvement in overall ride quality and towing. Especially when towing. I honestly think that was one of my most noticeable improvements as I bought each individual component over time.
The Pintops are pretty darn good with the stock springs. These are decent as well. Hard to disect the ride differences in the shock packages as the crappiness comes from the spring, lol.
Basically the 5.5 is what everyone should go with unless you are restricted because of 5th wheel towing or if you need a level because of parking situations. I wish I could have done the 5.5.
I agree with this, 100%!
 
Pardon my ignorance - but why is that?
The suspension has more travel which equals better ride. If you watch the CJC Eventure video it illustrates this perfectly. Just watch the difference between the two trucks. You can see how the 5.5 is more composed.
 
@BLACKCHERRY 2025 F250 6.7 tremor (hunting vehicle that sees lots of high way miles to get to destination, then off-road for days). Can I make it better for off-road comfort without changing front ride height? If I do carli springs it will then rear squat when I load up the bed and I really don't want to swap rear leafs or run air bags.

(I've done carli level springs and shocks in the past, I do not want to lose the unload rake).
 
Pardon my ignorance - but why is that?
I could speculate but it's just where it landed, honestly. Longer travel, multi-rate springs, higher center of gravity = more leverage over suspension, etc. There are a lot of things I could say, but we tune until we find the sweet-spot. It's always better on the 5.5" for overall comfort - all else held constant.
@BLACKCHERRY 2025 F250 6.7 tremor (hunting vehicle that sees lots of high way miles to get to destination, then off-road for days). Can I make it better for off-road comfort without changing front ride height? If I do carli springs it will then rear squat when I load up the bed and I really don't want to swap rear leafs or run air bags.

(I've done carli level springs and shocks in the past, I do not want to lose the unload rake).
Well, you can add control through various shock packages, but comfort normally means compliance/plushness. Without altering the base spring rates, you can't achieve a softer ride as the spring is the bottle-neck, not the stock shocks. We've had people install our gas springs on their diesel to keep the ride height low and soften the spring as much as possible, then have custom leaf springs built to stock ride height. None of these customers have been local for us to see the result.

I would recommend a 3.5" system with Full Springs and Full Travel airbags. Minimize the ride height gain and be able to tow whatever you want with adjustable rear ride height.
@BLACKCHERRY, for these Pathfinders, will you be able to send the vector graphics files so we can get matching colored decals? I do not think anything has been updated since the new site was released? (https://shop.carlisuspension.com/shop/swag/decals/carli-decals/)
Haven't actually thought of this... let me see what i can do!
 
Back
Top Bottom