Carli Pathfinder suspension

Joining a bit late here but I wanted to just take a comment to commend @BLACKCHERRY 's efforts in this thread to get everyone's questions answered with serious detail.

We couldnt be happier with our Carli setup, especially with Dan's custom tune that he did for our truck's heavy weight.

​

We are already taking preorders for this new offering from Carli. Reach out to hop in line!​

 
Really interested in this setup for my 22 F350 Tremor diesel. I ultimately will have a Four Wheel Camper in the bed part time which will weight around 1500 lbs, but it won’t be there fulltime. I’m struggling with which springs for the rear that will at least ride better than factory, but still handle the weight.

I use the truck for the trails in western Colorado, mountain 4WD passes, etc as well as weeklong trips through the canyons in areas like the Maze in canyonlands. Lower in height is always better for me, so the 3.5” kit is as high as I want.
7As the camper is part-time, I'd recommend the 3.5" system with the Full Progressive leaf springs and a set of the full-travel airbags; that will serve you well both loaded and unloaded!
Joining a bit late here but I wanted to just take a comment to commend @BLACKCHERRY 's efforts in this thread to get everyone's questions answered with serious detail.

We couldnt be happier with our Carli setup, especially with Dan's custom tune that he did for our truck's heavy weight.

​

We are already taking preorders for this new offering from Carli. Reach out to hop in line!​

Thanks, Garrett!
 
Will there be more information and pictures available, and will this mount kit be available by the time the shocks are? Additionally, could you provide more details on the recesses? For those who want an upgraded look, I've been holding off on ordering billet resi clamps until I find out more about the resis themselves, and now I am wondering how the billet clamps will fare on these.
Finally had a chance to grab some pictures for you. The base reservoir mount here is for the Ram, so ignore the profile. Namely, Wanted to show how we're attaching the resi and what it looks like attached. The hose clamps and stickers on this set are worn from tuning, but you get the idea - new, it looks amazing!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3723.webp
    IMG_3723.webp
    209.4 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_3726.webp
    IMG_3726.webp
    311 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_3728.webp
    IMG_3728.webp
    157.5 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_3733.webp
    IMG_3733.webp
    159.9 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_3734.webp
    IMG_3734.webp
    127 KB · Views: 54
@BLACKCHERRY,
I talked to James at cjc about the shocks and it is his understanding that the rear shocks are the same on valving for progressive leafs or standard leafs for the rear. I was under the impression that it was different. Thanks

Also ordered the 3.5 diesel springs and brake lines. I am going to try the 38's on a 3.5 kit, However my rear will also be lifted to match the factory rake.
 
Last edited:
@BLACKCHERRY,
I talked to James at cjc about the shocks and it is his understanding that the rear shocks are the same on valving for progressive leafs or standard leafs for the rear. I was under the impression that it was different. Thanks

Also ordered the 3.5 diesel springs and brake lines. I am going to try the 38's on a 3.5 kit, However my rear will also be lifted to match the factory rake.
The tuning is optimized for the full progressive springs and confirmed on the F250 leaf springs in both stock form and with our add-a-packs. We've not tested on an F350 Pack (tremor pack) as they're a nightmare of a spring to work with. The Pintop tuning works with these, so the Pathfinder SHOULD be OK, but it's not been confirmed.
 
Curious why the Tremor spring pack is a nightmare to work with? Is it because of the overload spring? Or the entire spring pack as a whole?
 
Well ordered the shocks this a.m. So hopefully well see soon if the Pathfinders and Carli coils are worth the change from my current set up.
What's your current setup?
 
Curious why the Tremor spring pack is a nightmare to work with? Is it because of the overload spring? Or the entire spring pack as a whole?
F250 Spring Pack is 2 main leaf springs and lower overload.
F350/Tremor Pack is 3 main leaf springs, lower overload AND upper overload.

In short, it's great for hauling and can handle very small bumps, but there's a lot of main spring and even presents through travel via 2 stages of crazy overload.
 
  • Like
Reactions: R*M
Well ordered the shocks this a.m. So hopefully well see soon if the Pathfinders and Carli coils are worth the change from my current set up.
Thanks for the support!!
 
What's your current setup?
F250 FX4 non Tremor with Icon gas 2.5" progressive front springs, OUO steady track kit with fox stabilizer, OUO adjustable radius arm drop, PMF 2.5" progressive rear springs with their shackle and Bilstein 5160's all around. Icon 17x8.5 +6 offset wheel with 37x11.50r17 load range D Nitto Recon Grappler. Want to go with Falken 38x13.50r17 in either RT01 or AT4W load range D.
 
These have larger piston surface area vs. the 2.0" - this means larger diameter shims (1.55" vs 1.425") and more control. I actually run a lighter shim against the piston so it's give, but added .002" preload to ad a touch of digression to the valving (this raises the initial stiffness of the shim against the piston) ensuring it's controlled before it gets into the progression of the valve stack. This may or may not make sense to you; again, i have lived in shocks for the past year so I may have lost touch with my ability to communicate a layman understanding... LOL


As someone (like thousands of others) who has run 5100s on his F150, then installed the B6112/5160 on the same truck, I do understand what you're telling us.

So what I may want are these dampers rather than KINGs for the time being (the next two years) on my brand spankin'! new XLT F350 Godzilla TREMOR.

I think I do!

I have a heavy trailer to tow (hence the Super Duty purchase) and wish to keep it all stock for now - except I want better DAMPING for towing, highway mile and some amblin' along through the Mojave on BLM routes to take in the sights.


yay/nay?
 
I opted for everything except the radius arms and airbags for now. For those of you who want to plow, in the process or building my kit I found a shop in Maine that is working on a Fisher plow receiver that works with the torsion sway bar; Expedition Off-Road Development / www.eodupfitters.com / @eodupfitters
I was told to save my factory sway bar and swap it as needed for plowing. I'm hoping to avoid that.

Thanks for everything on here, @BLACKCHERRY ! So excited to get my Pathfinder installed in early September!
You might try driving with no front sway bar for a week or so if your plow mount will bolt on without it. A lot of us are running without and love it.
 
As someone (like thousands of others) who has run 5100s on his F150, then installed the B6112/5160 on the same truck, I do understand what you're telling us.

So what I may want are these dampers rather than KINGs for the time being (the next two years) on my brand spankin'! new XLT F350 Godzilla TREMOR.

I think I do!

I have a heavy trailer to tow (hence the Super Duty purchase) and wish to keep it all stock for now - except I want better DAMPING for towing, highway mile and some amblin' along through the Mojave on BLM routes to take in the sights.


yay/nay?
We don't have them for stock coils/height, unfortunately.
 
Back
Top Bottom