Carli Pathfinder suspension

That's an interesting one. Reason i say it, there's a huge bottleneck - the stock springs. On our leveling systems, we need to deal with it in the rear as the level (sig series) shocks are designed to work with the stock rear leaf springs. Rear shocks need to increase in compression and rebound tuning until you feel them control the compression of the spring. Once you hit this threshold, the front needs to balance to the rear. The more valving you need in the rear to balance to the high spring rate, the more the front has to come up to match the rear and balance the chassis front to back.

If you're working with super high spring rates front and rear - you're not going to achieve a ride quality to compete with one of the suspension systems. Lightening the rate of the coils and replacing the leaf springs with our progressives opens a whole new world of ride quality vs. anyone working with a stock spring rate front or rear (or both), even using the same dampers - there's only so much valving you can pull out before you're dealing with a super stiff spring in trying to gain compliance.
On that note, what is the status of the upgraded shocks for the rears if we are still running the factory leaf packs? I was told back in November that a new kit was in production and would be available around Nov/Dec for those of us wanting better than signature since the commuter isn't recommended for the factory leaf.

I went with the Signature level, but would like to upgrade the shocks and not mess with the rear.
 
Will there be a shock offering for stock Tremor suspension?
Not as this time. May do something in the future but i address the limitations in this post: https://www.fordtremor.com/threads/carli-pathfinder-suspension.21475/#post-472206
Thank you for the explanation. I just love my setup so much that I was thinking that there was possibly a market for it. Honestly a level on 35’s with this setup would be a great option for those that don’t want a “lifted” truck. You are getting a lot of performance out of that 1.5” You know what I’m saying @Optimus🤖
With how high the Tremor is, the VERY slight lift you get from our springs won't even take the rake out with the stock rear springs; you're still like 1"-1.5" rear high. It's as close to a stock ride height as you can get squeezing out significantly more performance.
When will this be on the website for purchase?
1-2 weeks, shipping in 3-4 weeks.
I guess I missed that in the video. So these springs are different than the standard springs from Carli? Meaning that if you buy the pathfinder setup and want to go to the Eventure you have to switch springs?
Nope, the front coils are the same! These shocks are tuned around our progressive leaf springs. I just tested them with the stock F250 leaf springs and they actually ride pretty darn good! Haven't checked with the 3 leaf main Tremor/350 leaf springs.
On that note, what is the status of the upgraded shocks for the rears if we are still running the factory leaf packs? I was told back in November that a new kit was in production and would be available around Nov/Dec for those of us wanting better than signature since the commuter isn't recommended for the factory leaf.

I went with the Signature level, but would like to upgrade the shocks and not mess with the rear.
The Commuter has been shipping for a while now; that's the highest level we valve specifically for the stock rears. This kit can be seen/selected here:


As said above; i tested these with stock leaf springs and they're awesome. Limited by the short travel and overload spring, but surprisingly good. Again, that's a 2-leaf main F250 pack. I'll test the 350 (3 leaf main) when the opportunity presents itself.
 
The Commuter has been shipping for a while now; that's the highest level we valve specifically for the stock rears. This kit can be seen/selected here:


As said above; i tested these with stock leaf springs and they're awesome. Limited by the short travel and overload spring, but surprisingly good. Again, that's a 2-leaf main F250 pack. I'll test the 350 (3 leaf main) when the opportunity presents itself.
Got it, I understand the Commuter has been around, but I'm looking at an email from customer service that told me don't buy the existing Commuter for the 3 leaf Tremor pack and wait to upgrade the Signature shocks because a better shock was coming out specifically for the 3 leaf factory pack. It has been released in September for production and shipping was estimated EOY 2024. Maybe the project got killed?
 
Got it, I understand the Commuter has been around, but I'm looking at an email from customer service that told me don't buy the existing Commuter for the 3 leaf Tremor pack and wait to upgrade the Signature shocks because a better shock was coming out specifically for the 3 leaf factory pack. It has been released in September for production and shipping was estimated EOY 2024. Maybe the project got killed?
It's the Commuter I linked above - it was previously for the Carli Full Progressive Leaf Springs, then we did a valving profile for the stock springs. That's why there's 2 options now.
 
On that note, what is the status of the upgraded shocks for the rears if we are still running the factory leaf packs? I was told back in November that a new kit was in production and would be available around Nov/Dec for those of us wanting better than signature since the commuter isn't recommended for the factory leaf.

I went with the Signature level, but would like to upgrade the shocks and not mess with the rear.
FYI it’s obviously not ideal but I have been running a majority of the pintop kit without the rear springs for about a year now. I have literally built my kit piece by piece. 🤞🏻I think I will be getting the rear leafs as a combo gift for my birthday and Father’s Day. Then I’m just missing the radius arms. I have absolutely noticed an improvement over stock with every component I have added.

That being said I completely understand why Dan wouldn’t advise people to go this route because after watching this forum and others, people have unique expectations with their individual setups. Personally I am grateful Carli has setup their pricing so that us normal working family men can build the truck of our dreams.
 
Last edited:
I ordered a fully optioned Backcountry 5.5” system three days ago, install scheduled for July 21st. I just emailed the shop today and had them upgrade to these Pathfinder shocks. Timing was perfect on this release! I think these are exactly what I was looking for. Very excited to test them out.
 
Last edited:
It's the Commuter I linked above - it was previously for the Carli Full Progressive Leaf Springs, then we did a valving profile for the stock springs. That's why there's 2 options now.
Thanks for being active on this forum and taking the time to explain things… greatly appreciated!
 
FYI it’s obviously not ideal but I have been running a majority of the pintop kit without the rear springs for about a year now. I have literally built my kit piece by piece. 🤞🏻I think I will be getting the rear leafs as a combo gift for my birthday and Father’s Day. Then I’m just missing the radius arms. I have absolutely noticed an improvement over stock with every component I have added.

That being said I completely understand why Dan wouldn’t advise people to go this route because after watching this forum and others, people have unique expectations with their individual setups. Personally I am grateful Carli has setup their pricing so the us normal working family can build the truck of our dreams.
The Pintop actually works really well with the stock leaf springs. The leaf springs are definitely the bottleneck in ride, but the tuning works well with the 3-leaf main understanding the limitations of the factory pack.
I ordered a fully optioned Backcountry 5.5” system three days ago, install scheduled for July 21st. I just emailed the shop today and had them upgrade to these Pathfinder shocks. Timing was perfect on this release! I think these are exactly what I was looking for. Very excited to test them out.
You'll be psyched. They're still on my truck because they ride so good!
Thanks for being active on this forum and taking the time to explain things… greatly appreciated!
My pleasure, wish i could be on here more!
 
Are you handling the valving and tuning on the gas tune as well? Two questions:

1) Are the rear shocks actually tuned differently for gas vs diesel applications, even though the rear springs are the same (both stock and progressive)? And if so, this is to balance the fronts which are valved to compliment a different front spring rate, avoiding some seesawing?

2) How will the pathfinders fare in towing/hauling applications? One of the things that kept me away from the backcountries is reports of them being a little to soft on the compression/rebound to control heavier loading as well as the Pintops. Does this split the difference or compare more closely to one or the other?

Thanks.

BTW I've been watching for these all year and bugging your CS team about release dates and details. Already more info in this thread than I've been able to ascertain that way, so thanks.
 
Are you handling the valving and tuning on the gas tune as well? Two questions:

1) Are the rear shocks actually tuned differently for gas vs diesel applications, even though the rear springs are the same (both stock and progressive)? And if so, this is to balance the fronts which are valved to compliment a different front spring rate, avoiding some seesawing?

2) How will the pathfinders fare in towing/hauling applications? One of the things that kept me away from the backcountries is reports of them being a little to soft on the compression/rebound to control heavier loading as well as the Pintops. Does this split the difference or compare more closely to one or the other?

Thanks.

BTW I've been watching for these all year and bugging your CS team about release dates and details. Already more info in this thread than I've been able to ascertain that way, so thanks.
Sure am!

1) I'm in the middle of tuning it now; working on the front so far - can't say if it's going to be front and rear, but the rear suspension is pretty much identical to the diesel. There is a chassis "balance" issue if i need to vary the fronts a ton from the diesel, but I'll cross that bridge when i get there. These are tuned for the full progressive leaf springs. Won't be able to speak to anything but a hypothesis until it's done.

2) These will tow/haul better. Bigger pistons, bigger shims, ability to preload (add initial stiffness) to the cover shim for more initial stability, and they're FAR more efficient given the bigger internals. The hauling performance will be closer to the Pintops than the backcountries.
 
Sure am!

1) I'm in the middle of tuning it now; working on the front so far - can't say if it's going to be front and rear, but the rear suspension is pretty much identical to the diesel. There is a chassis "balance" issue if i need to vary the fronts a ton from the diesel, but I'll cross that bridge when i get there. These are tuned for the full progressive leaf springs. Won't be able to speak to anything but a hypothesis until it's done.

2) These will tow/haul better. Bigger pistons, bigger shims, ability to preload (add initial stiffness) to the cover shim for more initial stability, and they're FAR more efficient given the bigger internals. The hauling performance will be closer to the Pintops than the backcountries.

Do you think there will be a noticeable difference in towing with Pathfinders w/ Full Progressive leafs vs BackCountry with Full Long Travel Bags and Full Progressives?
 
I've been oddly excited for this kit to be released. I almost wish I still had my 2021, but I fear the Carli guys would have had to block me for pestering them so much about the release of these. I think they will be a very popular option, giving a softer ride than the Pintops while giving the look of a 2.5, the added stability/control and also allowing for capable offroad performance.

These are almost tempting enough to make me change my suspension plan, but I'm pretty set on staying at only 2.5" of lift(non tremor).
 
Do you think there will be a noticeable difference in towing with Pathfinders w/ Full Progressive leafs vs BackCountry with Full Long Travel Bags and Full Progressives?
Towing control, yes -Pathfinder will be better. towing comfort, no.
 
I need this for my 22 please say yes to previous question ha ha
 
@BLACKCHERRY is this being released for the 17-22s as well?

I need this for my 22 please say yes to previous question ha ha

The only thing that's different is the shocks, and the shocks will fit all 17+ super duties(and I think they fit 05+ but the rear shock bolt size is smaller on the older trucks, I don't remember what year that change was).
Yup! It'll be released for 05-25.

Lower, rear shock mount bolt is a 12mm on the 05-16, then 14mm on 17-25. We're including both 12mm and 14mm misalignment to ensure the bearings adapt to both hardware sizes.
 
@BLACKCHERRY Thank you for all of this and your hard work rolling this out! I just want to know where the price point will be as I am currently planning a Back Country setup and it would be helpful to know if this is less expensive. I suppose patience is a virtue (I don't possess :ROFLMAO: ) but not sure if you can give any clues.
 
@BLACKCHERRY Thank you for all of this and your hard work rolling this out! I just want to know where the price point will be as I am currently planning a Back Country setup and it would be helpful to know if this is less expensive. I suppose patience is a virtue (I don't possess :ROFLMAO: ) but not sure if you can give any clues.
They’ve stated it will be approx $500 less than the Pintops, which puts it in the range of ~$2,800+/-
 
@BLACKCHERRY Thank you for all of this and your hard work rolling this out! I just want to know where the price point will be as I am currently planning a Back Country setup and it would be helpful to know if this is less expensive. I suppose patience is a virtue (I don't possess :ROFLMAO: ) but not sure if you can give any clues.

They’ve stated it will be approx $500 less than the Pintops, which puts it in the range of ~$2,800+/-
1750179667225.webp


Preliminary figures for the leveling have it $2,360 for the shocks, alone. We're going to do a reservoir mount specifically for the Carli-SPEC 2.5" shocks so the hose clamps align with the machined recess in the reservoir; additionally, we'll be providing black heat shrink so the hose clamps are less visible on the black resi (more refined look). Pricing for these resi mounts isn't done, but they'll likely be a very small premium over what's shown above.

This kit is a substantial savings over the Pintop.
 
Back
Top Bottom