Carli Pathfinder suspension

Pathfinder will ride better than the Commuter, for sure. The gas kits are released, shipping early September.


You, sir, have crafted not just some solid advice, but music! to my very ears.

Muchas! gracias. We remain indebted to you. Perhaps a purchase of this latest gas engine (my truck has a curb weight of just 7,054 lbs! and with a GVWR of 11,499) Pathfinder kit is in order. Can't wait!
 
You, sir, have crafted not just some solid advice, but music! to my very ears.

Muchas! gracias. We remain indebted to you. Perhaps a purchase of this latest gas engine (my truck has a curb weight of just 7,054 lbs! and with a GVWR of 11,499) Pathfinder kit is in order. Can't wait!
If you ordered a pathfinder kit, consider your “debt” repaid in full, lol!
 
If you ordered a pathfinder kit, consider your “debt” repaid in full, lol!


I guess so!

I want to drive the results of a Carli Pathfinder full kit install more than I want my truck. I love my truck. I wanted the truck, and bad, for some time.

I've gone over the kit's webpage on Carli's site, and would only be omitting the hitch since I'm staying w/ the OE installed g
Goodyears until I see some appreciable tire wear which should be around 10 - 15,000 miles. I want the suspension NOW. lmao.

I still want to occasionally hang a 1,200 lb trailer tongue weight on the back, though, and without having to use a WDH (which is why I bought a 1-ton before I later learned of the similarity of the 250/350 Tremors). I realize too that while the full progressive leaf packs return the rear axle to a "light 3/4 ton" yet will maintain the truck's rear GAWR, I may also want to use bags (disconnectable when not towing for a full range of axle articulation).

What I'd like to know is what's next: I suppose I purchase the kit through the retailer in my area that being CJC Offroad. Are they also my only installation option? It would seem they would be the next best thing to a Carli "factory" install. I'd do it myself but I'm not 35 years old anymore. Hah. Haaaa... ouch.
 
I guess so!

I want to drive the results of a Carli Pathfinder full kit install more than I want my truck. I love my truck. I wanted the truck, and bad, for some time.

I've gone over the kit's webpage on Carli's site, and would only be omitting the hitch since I'm staying w/ the OE installed g
Goodyears until I see some appreciable tire wear which should be around 10 - 15,000 miles. I want the suspension NOW. lmao.

I still want to occasionally hang a 1,200 lb trailer tongue weight on the back, though, and without having to use a WDH (which is why I bought a 1-ton before I later learned of the similarity of the 250/350 Tremors). I realize too that while the full progressive leaf packs return the rear axle to a "light 3/4 ton" yet will maintain the truck's rear GAWR, I may also want to use bags (disconnectable when not towing for a full range of axle articulation).

What I'd like to know is what's next: I suppose I purchase the kit through the retailer in my area that being CJC Offroad. Are they also my only installation option? It would seem they would be the next best thing to a Carli "factory" install. I'd do it myself but I'm not 35 years old anymore. Hah. Haaaa... ouch.
Well, we don't install here so that makes it super easy! Luckily, this is a bolt-on installation but, if you're after airbags too, there's some nuance to the installation and it would be beneficial to having someone install that's done it before. CJC would be my first choice in CA, but there are other shops if you're elsewhere located in CA.
 
I have a commuter kit, currently running stock rear leaves as I tow and haul often. Is there a specific valved pathfinder shock for stock rear leaf’s?
 
I think I just realized something that hadn’t previously clicked for me - only the 3.5” systems have the HD/XHD rear leaf spring options.

I’m mentally planning my yet-to-be-built 2026. I was thinking 5.5 Pathfinder where I’ll have a constant 1000 lbs in the bed. I had been thinking HD springs, but now that I caught up I guess I’m going the add-pack route.

(my ‘22 3.5 system is add-a-pack and seems to ride just fine to me)
 
I think I just realized something that hadn’t previously clicked for me - only the 3.5” systems have the HD/XHD rear leaf spring options.

I’m mentally planning my yet-to-be-built 2026. I was thinking 5.5 Pathfinder where I’ll have a constant 1000 lbs in the bed. I had been thinking HD springs, but now that I caught up I guess I’m going the add-pack route.

(my ‘22 3.5 system is add-a-pack and seems to ride just fine to me)
why not just run long travel airbags for the 5.5?
 
Good question. Cause then don’t I always need them with a constant 1000 lbs in the bed?

Or, put another way, I won’t be able to let the full progressives do their thing.

Or so I’m thinking.

(But I will also have airbags for when the load goes from 1000 -> 3000+)
 
I think I just realized something that hadn’t previously clicked for me - only the 3.5” systems have the HD/XHD rear leaf spring options.

I’m mentally planning my yet-to-be-built 2026. I was thinking 5.5 Pathfinder where I’ll have a constant 1000 lbs in the bed. I had been thinking HD springs, but now that I caught up I guess I’m going the add-pack route.

(my ‘22 3.5 system is add-a-pack and seems to ride just fine to me)
5.5" Pathdfinder, NEW HD Springs for 5.5" System.
 

Attachments

  • 5.5 Ford Super Duty HD Full Progressive Leaf Springs - Photo 6.webp
    5.5 Ford Super Duty HD Full Progressive Leaf Springs - Photo 6.webp
    341.1 KB · Views: 60
  • super duty.webp
    super duty.webp
    323.5 KB · Views: 60
I have a commuter kit, currently running stock rear leaves as I tow and haul often. Is there a specific valved pathfinder shock for stock rear leaf’s?
They were tested with the stock F250 Springs, but we did not test them on the stock F350 Springs - that pack is a nightmare.
 
I'm in a similar boat for usage- towing a dump trailer (once per month), 6000lb travel trailer or a 20' aluminum boat.

I also want to switch over to a truck camper instead of the travel trailer (@1800lb dry weight pop up like a hallmark or outfitter). CJC says if the camper is not full time better off leaving the stock leaf springs and front sway bar. After consulting AI it tells me to spend more money and just get the XHD leaf pack and torsen sway bar since 99% of the time I have 800-1000lbs in the bed anyway and it will still ride much better than the stock F350 rear leafs. It also recommends the pintop over the pathfinder for my use.

I think Carli should be happy that Gemini is helping me spend more money than guys here on the forum.......
 
I'm in a similar boat for usage- towing a dump trailer (once per month), 6000lb travel trailer or a 20' aluminum boat.

I also want to switch over to a truck camper instead of the travel trailer (@1800lb dry weight pop up like a hallmark or outfitter). CJC says if the camper is not full time better off leaving the stock leaf springs and front sway bar. After consulting AI it tells me to spend more money and just get the XHD leaf pack and torsen sway bar since 99% of the time I have 800-1000lbs in the bed anyway and it will still ride much better than the stock F350 rear leafs. It also recommends the pintop over the pathfinder for my use.

I think Carli should be happy that Gemini is helping me spend more money than guys here on the forum.......
Stock springs are never the answer, in my opinion.

Are you looking for a 3.5" or 5.5"? Is your truck a 7.3L or 6.7L?
 
5.5" Pathdfinder, NEW HD Springs for 5.5" System.

So I should soob be able to get my local shop to source HD rear springs for a 5.5”? Is this new, or just the case that you had to know to ask?

That, combined with long travel airbags, makes the most sense to me.
 
Stock springs are never the answer, in my opinion.

Are you looking for a 3.5" or 5.5"? Is your truck a 7.3L or 6.7L?
3.5 system for a 7.3 tremor. These pathfinders seemed great but as soon as am thinking a camper then the pintops seem to be the recommendation.
 
Im going heavy front and rear Buckstop bumpers. Already have the full Carli kit with every option on it with E-venture, but don’t really love the electronic aspect of the shocks. Going to put them up for sale on the forum and either go pathfinder or pin top. What do you recc? Currently have regular soft Carli leaf pack plus smart cap on back.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2821.webp
    IMG_2821.webp
    171.9 KB · Views: 46
Im going heavy front and rear Buckstop bumpers. Already have the full Carli kit with every option on it with E-venture, but don’t really love the electronic aspect of the shocks. Going to put them up for sale on the forum and either go pathfinder or pin top. What do you recc? Currently have regular soft Carli leaf pack plus smart cap on back.
I might be interested in your venture shocks. Lmk when you put them up for sale.
 
Im going heavy front and rear Buckstop bumpers. Already have the full Carli kit with every option on it with E-venture, but don’t really love the electronic aspect of the shocks. Going to put them up for sale on the forum and either go pathfinder or pin top. What do you recc? Currently have regular soft Carli leaf pack plus smart cap on back.
I would trade you my perfect Pintops.
 
So I should soob be able to get my local shop to source HD rear springs for a 5.5”? Is this new, or just the case that you had to know to ask?

That, combined with long travel airbags, makes the most sense to me.
They're in production; I've not yet released them but they're around the corner!
 
Back
Top Bottom