Carli Pathfinder suspension

3.5 system for a 7.3 tremor. These pathfinders seemed great but as soon as am thinking a camper then the pintops seem to be the recommendation.
100% - They're both 2.5" diameter but the Pintop is a more stable, controlled shock. It has a larger valving stack for more support (the biggest shim in the pintop is 1.75" diameter vs. 1.55" in the Pathfinder). More support is better for constant weight!
 
Im going heavy front and rear Buckstop bumpers. Already have the full Carli kit with every option on it with E-venture, but don’t really love the electronic aspect of the shocks. Going to put them up for sale on the forum and either go pathfinder or pin top. What do you recc? Currently have regular soft Carli leaf pack plus smart cap on back.
I would never recommend pulling the E-Venture for the Pintop or Pathfinder. I describe the E-Venture as a Pathfinder on the road (but more stable), and Pintop offroad (but more stable, lol). You have the best of the best, everything else is a downgrade.
 
I would never recommend pulling the E-Venture for the Pintop or Pathfinder. I describe the E-Venture as a Pathfinder on the road (but more stable), and Pintop offroad (but more stable, lol). You have the best of the best, everything else is a downgrade.I
Have had too many raptors with electronic shocks and don’t want anymore of it. But they will be listed shortly! They’re great.
 
Heya. My understanding of this pathfinder is that it is better on road and offroad than stock, but that the pintop is better offroad and e venture better off road and just about as good on road.

I do more light to medium rock crawling that 45 mph boon dogging. When you say better offroad is that more focused on the latter, former or both?

The e venture sounds amazing. Just curious if this is - in for a penny, in for a pound.
 
So I should soob be able to get my local shop to source HD rear springs for a 5.5”? Is this new, or just the case that you had to know to ask?

That, combined with long travel airbags, makes the most sense to me.
I just received my ETA - looks like late October is when they'll be in stock!
 
My pintops and torsion sway bar will be here Thursday. Next up is devers and carli long travel air bags. Any pointers on installing the front shocks/mount brackets with basic hand tools in the driveway? Sway bar is pretty cut and dry, I’ve done a couple carli sway bars, but none with the newer end links, any advice on those? Thank you!
 
Installed for a few days now. Still trying to get my brain wrapped around the differences. I have a full Carli kit with everything including progressive springs on 2023 F350 KR Tremor. The previous owner installed the Carli stuff and at 15k miles took the Pintops off and put Fox 2.0s on it. Then he traded it in and I ended up with it.

So I went from Fox Pro 2.0 to Pathfinders.

It feels like the initial dampening is a bit more than the 2.0s if that makes sense. So it feels a bit less luxury sedan-ish and ever so slightly added a little head-bob up/down motion when driving at speed. Very slight but I can feel it. The 2.0s felt like they had no dampening to start and then bit harder.

When I hit a serious pothole - instead of the Fox 2.0s feeling like they were not quite ready for it - lost contact with the pavement on that tire - now it feels totally under control. Just absorbs it and moves on without complaint or reverb.

When turning sharply into a driveway it handles the uneven bump easily and feels like the shocks are working together vs the 2.0s fighting each other a little

When on the freeway at 70+ It feels more under control but at the same time a little more susceptible to falling into that harmonic bounce. Not bad - just interesting.

Overall they feel awesome so far. It drives like a different truck - more comfortable on average and more in control on average. Trying to put my finger on it but the 2.0s felt like aftermarket shocks and these feel more like they were designed for the truck. I really like them so far. Heading up north tomorrow and will be able to hit some logging trails and see how they feel off-trail.

I'm no expert on any of this...

P.S. I also like the black understated look. You really need to look to notice them.
 
Installed for a few days now. Still trying to get my brain wrapped around the differences. I have a full Carli kit with everything including progressive springs on 2023 F350 KR Tremor. The previous owner installed the Carli stuff and at 15k miles took the Pintops off and put Fox 2.0s on it. Then he traded it in and I ended up with it.

So I went from Fox Pro 2.0 to Pathfinders.

It feels like the initial dampening is a bit more than the 2.0s if that makes sense. So it feels a bit less luxury sedan-ish and ever so slightly added a little head-bob up/down motion when driving at speed. Very slight but I can feel it. The 2.0s felt like they had no dampening to start and then bit harder.

When I hit a serious pothole - instead of the Fox 2.0s feeling like they were not quite ready for it - lost contact with the pavement on that tire - now it feels totally under control. Just absorbs it and moves on without complaint or reverb.

When turning sharply into a driveway it handles the uneven bump easily and feels like the shocks are working together vs the 2.0s fighting each other a little

When on the freeway at 70+ It feels more under control but at the same time a little more susceptible to falling into that harmonic bounce. Not bad - just interesting.

Overall they feel awesome so far. It drives like a different truck - more comfortable on average and more in control on average. Trying to put my finger on it but the 2.0s felt like aftermarket shocks and these feel more like they were designed for the truck. I really like them so far. Heading up north tomorrow and will be able to hit some logging trails and see how they feel off-trail.

I'm no expert on any of this...

P.S. I also like the black understated look. You really need to look to notice them.
Good write up. I have had the same experience with both the 2.0’s and backcountry. Personally, that valving is not for me. Have fun on those logging roads, I used to go up there and hit those along with fire roads and do some camping.
 
Are these icon shocks?
 
Just got the full Pathfinder setup installed. It feels a little bumpy in front. Are those shocks needing a break-in period, or should the psi be adjusted? Thanks
 
Just got the full Pathfinder setup installed. It feels a little bumpy in front. Are those shocks needing a break-in period, or should the psi be adjusted? Thanks
Congrats! I mean, for me it was a night-and-day difference from the factory suspension, but I did lower my PSI a bit and it's much better. I did 55 highway and 35 dirt. My god, the dirt ride was like butter.
 
I would never recommend pulling the E-Venture for the Pintop or Pathfinder. I describe the E-Venture as a Pathfinder on the road (but more stable), and Pintop offroad (but more stable, lol). You have the best of the best, everything else is a downgrade.
I’ve had the commuter, back country and pintop shocks. Personally so far I feel the pintops are the most stable. I can’t imagine a truck with the e-click shocks, that’s a straight up game changer. Now make a 3 inch dominator style e-click…
 
Just got the full Pathfinder setup installed. It feels a little bumpy in front. Are those shocks needing a break-in period, or should the psi be adjusted? Thanks
They need no break in, did you check your tire pressures? Do you have a good alignment with 4.5 or more degrees of caster? Do you have carli radius arms? If so which caster notch are you running?
 
They need no break in, did you check your tire pressures? Do you have a good alignment with 4.5 or more degrees of caster? Do you have carli radius arms? If so which caster notch are you running?
I run 55psi front and back. An authorized dealer installed it, and I don't have the Carli Ridius Arms. But the 3.5-inch shock packages, torsion sway bar, progressive leaf and shackles, and the 2-degree shims. I mean, does the shock need to adjust the nitro charge?
 
I run 55psi front and back. An authorized dealer installed it, and I don't have the Carli Ridius Arms. But the 3.5-inch shock packages, torsion sway bar, progressive leaf and shackles, and the 2-degree shims. I mean, does the shock need to adjust the nitro charge?
What size tire and rim are you running? No the nitrogen is set from the factory for the tune in the shock. For example on tire psi, I have 37x12.50r18, I run 40 psi front 35 rear. That takes out allot of the bumps. Consider the tire chalk test to determine the best psi.
 
Back
Top Bottom