Camper Shell Options for Super Duty Tremor

I have the exact thing ordered. I have tip out windows on both side, and a full bedrug (which is what we're waiting on), also a new electrical harness for the auto-locking shell that's needed for '24 + trucks. But the shell was in in about 7 weeks and sitting there now till the rest comes in. I'd love to see a picture of the inside with the bedrug in it!
Curious what that harness is. I installed a putco harness to basically have a 4pin harness with a reverse light wire for my Marlon sled deck. I was going to have my canopy installer simply terminate the wires at the canopy, to plug into my putco one. Maybe that plan won’t work🤔
 
Fiberglass is curvy, aluminum is boxy 🤷😉🤣
I’m still a fan of the look of the fiberglass topper. Aluminum is definitely boxy.
IMG_0380.webp
 
Curious what that harness is. I installed a putco harness to basically have a 4pin harness with a reverse light wire for my Marlon sled deck. I was going to have my canopy installer simply terminate the wires at the canopy, to plug into my putco one. Maybe that plan won’t work🤔
I'm not sure, when I talk with the guy again, I'll see what harness and where. It was for the automatic locks on the shell being keyed to our Ford remotes. I had the exact shell on a '17 Raptor and it was fine, but the 24+ trucks are having a problem with the lock working a few times, then it quits locking and unlocking the shell. Something to do with Ford computer.
 
Finally got the ARE Evolve shell i ordered back in June. The color match is pretty close. Fit & finish seem pretty good too.
 

Attachments

  • 20250922_190038.webp
    20250922_190038.webp
    236.5 KB · Views: 49
  • 20250922_190054.webp
    20250922_190054.webp
    130.2 KB · Views: 50
  • 20250922_190102.webp
    20250922_190102.webp
    188.9 KB · Views: 48
  • 20250922_190116.webp
    20250922_190116.webp
    73.5 KB · Views: 51
Finally got the ARE Evolve shell i ordered back in June. The color match is pretty close. Fit & finish seem pretty good too.
Looks good! Is your truck Star White??
 
SmartCap Evo Sport with lighting kit spendy, put the winter covers on the latches
Goes through car wash just fine, no leaks and on dusty trails in Sedona their positive air vent prevented bed getting dusty
1758722559270.webp
 
has anyone had experience with these?

 
2024 Tremor Lariat currently run ARE no leaks looks great….i have the Win-doors…..rear lock activated by truck or key fob…..led lights carpet headliner….love it…..but will say looking at moving to a pass through like the DirtBox or RFC….we shall see
 
if the gfc didn't have those bars crossing through side window thats what i would get. But i need to be able to pull my totes and tool boxes out window and they block that. i don't like how the smatcap is a 5 piece. wondering if anyone has knowledge of the nghtowl or the dirtbox?

 
if the gfc didn't have those bars crossing through side window thats what i would get. But i need to be able to pull my totes and tool boxes out window and they block that. i don't like how the smatcap is a 5 piece. wondering if anyone has knowledge of the nghtowl or the dirtbox?

Those NGHTOWL shells look like a copy of the smart cap but at less than half the price. If anyone has any insight to them I’d really like to know how they hold up.
 
Those NGHTOWL shells look like a copy of the smart cap but at less than half the price. If anyone has any insight to them I’d really like to know how they hold up.

I asked the same question because they are just a few hours down the road from me. What I understand is they are rebranded aluminum Alibabi products being resold with an up charge. They are made in china, cost about $700+ shipping right off Alibaba, and they are just adding markup to them.

I haven't been able to get any current owners to share their experience, but I chose to just wait and shop for a pre-owned RSI Smartcap which ended up being the same price.
 
I asked the same question because they are just a few hours down the road from me. What I understand is they are rebranded aluminum Alibabi products being resold with an up charge. They are made in china, cost about $700+ shipping right off Alibaba, and they are just adding markup to them.

I haven't been able to get any current owners to share their experience, but I chose to just wait and shop for a pre-owned RSI Smartcap which ended up being the same price.
I found 2 tundra owners that said they were great.

There’s an F150Overlanding Facebook group and there are at least 2 guys in there that have them, and like them. Apparently is a alibaba one that’s rebranded?
 
Hello all. I am about to order an ARE DCU HD. I have had them before, and have been very happy with them.

What's new in this application is that I will be towing a lot (Airstream), and would like to have access to the back without unhitching the trailer. With the normal configuration, I would be able to open the upper hatch, but the tailgate won't open fully while I am hitched up.

I am considering barn doors instead of the normal tailgate/swing-up combination. It looks like they might clear and give me complete access, but if not, then I would be worse off because I would lose access through the upper hatch. Of course that would also mean that I lose the tailgate which is an occasionally handy work-surface and the mini-shade that the hatch provides when its open.

Does anyone here have any experience with barn doors? Specifically with and a trailer?

Thanks!
 
With the normal configuration, I would be able to open the upper hatch, but the tailgate won't open fully while I am hitched up.
I don't have any experience with barn doors, per your question, but I will offer that I am able to open my tailgate fully while hitched up to my TT. I use a WeighSafe True Tow although there may be others that allow this as well. Just another option to consider.
 
Thanks Modman. I am looking at that, but I really like my current hitch setup. And I have never tried barn doors, so I wanted to look at the options.
 
I would use a different hitch that's set back/longer so your tailgate clears. I've had to do that with a couple of trucks over the years. I have an ARE Evo shell on my truck currently.
 
Back
Top Bottom