Camper Shell Options for Super Duty Tremor

ARE Z2, so far so good. Had a leer on my Raptor, not sure huge difference.

IMG_0011.webp
 
It's been about 10 years since I last bought a shell... paid right around $2500 for a mid level Leer. They all seem to be around $4000 now. Ouch. Leaning towards ARE, probably the CX Classic. The Leer dealer I talked to said they closed the Mexicali plant and resumed manufacturing in the USA. I was happy to hear that.
Plus one for the ARE caps. I love mine and will probably never take off the truck. Top quality and looks great on the Tremor!
1750428566859.webp
 
Well, I decided to splurge a bit and ended up ordering an ARE CX Evolve. It has a glass rear door that's shaped to match the tailgate... no plastic extension.
Sales guy said 8 weeks.
 
Well, I decided to splurge a bit and ended up ordering an ARE CX Evolve. It has a glass rear door that's shaped to match the tailgate... no plastic extension.
Sales guy said 8 weeks.
I just got my CX Evolve, it was 4 weeks. Install scheduled for July 10
 
I can't get past the angle on the rear or the A.R.E.... it just does not sit right with me looks wise.
 
Just ordered a GFC topper for my 25 6.7 Tremor. Stoked to get it in September. Have run the Go Fast topper on all my raptors previously. Will post when it comes in.
Looking forward to hearing your experience. Their NC installer is only an hour from me.
 
Im looking to get a bed topper hoping some of yall can chime in. I use my truck for work and leisure and want to get a decked drawer system in the bed and have plenty of room for dry storage. Im stuck between ARE CX evolve and the DCU series aluminum. As configured for me with aluminum windoors on both sides with toolbox pockets they both are just under 6k.
Some of my company trucks have fiberglass toppers and some have the aluminum build quality seems about the same. I guess i am stumped on which look i prefer for myself
 
Im looking to get a bed topper hoping some of yall can chime in. I use my truck for work and leisure and want to get a decked drawer system in the bed and have plenty of room for dry storage. Im stuck between ARE CX evolve and the DCU series aluminum. As configured for me with aluminum windoors on both sides with toolbox pockets they both are just under 6k.
Some of my company trucks have fiberglass toppers and some have the aluminum build quality seems about the same. I guess i am stumped on which look i prefer for myself
Fiberglass is curvy, aluminum is boxy 🤷😉🤣
 
I have the CX Evolve and love it. I got the windoors on both sides with sliders, the flip down interior window so I can clean between the cab and the shell and the auto lock on the rear window. I have the full bed rug as well. I use all of these features and would build it exactly the same if I was to do it again. One mod I did myself was connect the truck bed lights to the lights on the topper that are activated by the magnetic switch in the rear window. When I open the window/hatch all of the lights come on at once.
IMG_0626.webp
 
Last edited:
I went with a Leer cap.
What model did you end up going with?

I was just checking out canopies and like the Leer 100 XQ and the ARE Evolve. I like the rear molded one piece door on the ARE, but I don’t like the side windows. The 100 XQ is sweet and I guess I’ll just live with the back window that’s on those and I also like some of the details of the Leer better. I had a ARE Z on my 2015 was happy with it, but you can’t get those side windows with the twist out then anymore for the new SD’s.
 
I don’t think they offer the Z2 for our trucks. Just the original Z.

I originally was going with an ARE, but ended up buying a Leer XQ due to availability. Got my shell within a month. Been happy with it.
The XQ looks sweet! You like the side tip out windows?

I was just checking the Leer 100 XQ and the ARE Evolve. I like the rear molded one piece door on the ARE, but I don’t like the side windows. The 100 XQ is sweet and I guess I’ll just live with the back window that’s on those and I also like some of the details of the Leer better.
 
After about a 2 month wait just had my ARE Z2 installed. So far so good,. really like the look. Last was a Leer and it was fine just wanted to go different this time.
View attachment 201453
Looks good and I’m thinking the same thing about going with something different because I had a ARE on my last and thinking about going with Leer😂
 
Anyone see any super awesome crazy Labor Dale sales on Leer, ARE, or even Smartcaps?????

:)
 
I have the CX Evolve and love it. I got the windoors on both sides with sliders, the flip down interior window so I can clean between the cab and the shell and the auto lock on the rear window. I have the full bed rug as well. I use all of these features and would build it exactly the same if I was to do it again. One mod I did myself was connect the truck bed lights to the lights on the topper that are activated by the magnetic switch in the rear window. When I open the window/hatch all of the lights come on at once.View attachment 219131
I have the exact thing ordered. I have tip out windows on both side, and a full bedrug (which is what we're waiting on), also a new electrical harness for the auto-locking shell that's needed for '24 + trucks. But the shell was in in about 7 weeks and sitting there now till the rest comes in. I'd love to see a picture of the inside with the bedrug in it!
 
Back
Top Bottom