What’s on your Smoker or Grill today?

IMG_6214.webp

Chicken avocado poblano burgers. Topped two with pepper jack and two with chihuahua cheese. Damn tasty. First time making them. Next time I’ll go heavier on the poblano.
 
Excited to learn more from you guys on smoking. Picked up a Traeger Woodridge pro yesterday. Smoked a tri tip last night and it turned out perfect! Getting prepped for a big bbq tomorrow afternoon with friends and family. Got a 21lb brisket from Costco. Got it all trimmed up and I would guess it’s finished at about 17lb.

Been reading last night and this morning on tips and tricks. Here is the plan considering the weight of it.

225 degrees on super smoke mode
Put it in around 6pm tonight
Pull it around 165-175 early tomorrow morning. I’ve heard to stick my temp probe between the flat and point? Correct?
Wrap in paper with tallow applied.
Turn the smoker up to 250 and let it ride out to 202 degrees internal. Rest it for an hour or so in a towel.

Plan is to be ready around 1pm tomorrow afternoon.

Thoughts or suggestions welcome!

Fingers crossed I have a nice barked brisket tomorrow.

This shit is nerve racking!! 😂😂
IMG_0293.webp
IMG_0294.webp
 
Grilling with shrimp stuffed poppers
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3936.webp
    IMG_3936.webp
    217.9 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_3935.webp
    IMG_3935.webp
    266.2 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
View attachment 212182
Dry rub for me
Kinder hickory brown sugar for my son
Sweet baby Ray OG for wife

Didn’t get pic on the grill as natives where hungry and restless… had to hurry and get food in as I was fearing my well being. lol
Love it! I will not post the dry rub I had but this looks great 🤪.
 
Smoking BabyBacks at work today. Lunch around 2pm LOL
 

Attachments

  • 1000005231[1].webp
    1000005231[1].webp
    221.8 KB · Views: 22
  • 1000005232[1].webp
    1000005232[1].webp
    230.9 KB · Views: 24
  • 1000005234.webp
    1000005234.webp
    234.4 KB · Views: 22
No pics cause it hasn’t happened yet but after work today we started preparing for Saturday. Myself and two college buddies are roasting a whole hog on a concrete block pit. It’s been WAY too long since we did this - 5.5 years - need to get back in the loop and do this more often. Nearly everyone we invited said they’d be here, so we are feeding about 60. Decent crowd, weather should be sunny and 75 Saturday, but tmr (Friday) apt to be raining while we finalize prep. I’ll get some pics up on Saturday of the cook!
 
Excited to learn more from you guys on smoking. Picked up a Traeger Woodridge pro yesterday. Smoked a tri tip last night and it turned out perfect! Getting prepped for a big bbq tomorrow afternoon with friends and family. Got a 21lb brisket from Costco. Got it all trimmed up and I would guess it’s finished at about 17lb.

Been reading last night and this morning on tips and tricks. Here is the plan considering the weight of it.

225 degrees on super smoke mode
Put it in around 6pm tonight
Pull it around 165-175 early tomorrow morning. I’ve heard to stick my temp probe between the flat and point? Correct?
Wrap in paper with tallow applied.
Turn the smoker up to 250 and let it ride out to 202 degrees internal. Rest it for an hour or so in a towel.

Plan is to be ready around 1pm tomorrow afternoon.

Thoughts or suggestions welcome!

Fingers crossed I have a nice barked brisket tomorrow.

This shit is nerve racking!! 😂😂
View attachment 212063View attachment 212064
Everything looks good as far as your plan. Hopefully it turned out delicious!
Only thing I'd suggest it letting it rest much longer. Couple hours at least. You'd be surprised how much juicer it is just by leaving it alone.
 
Back
Top Bottom