What’s on your Smoker or Grill today?

Address please!
No pics cause it hasn’t happened yet but after work today we started preparing for Saturday. Myself and two college buddies are roasting a whole hog on a concrete block pit. It’s been WAY too long since we did this - 5.5 years - need to get back in the loop and do this more often. Nearly everyone we invited said they’d be here, so we are feeding about 60. Decent crowd, weather should be sunny and 75 Saturday, but tmr (Friday) apt to be raining while we finalize prep. I’ll get some pics up on Saturday of the cook!

I love fat hogs. Address please! 🤣🤣🤣
 
Only thing I'd suggest it letting it rest much longer. Couple hours at least. You'd be surprised how much juicer it is just by leaving it alone.
This. I let my briskets rest for 6 hours or more if there's time, but no less than 3-4hrs. Set a small pot of boiling water in an old cooler on a hot pad, wrap the brisket in a towel and lay it in there.
 
This was taken 12 hours in @155 internal. I had to peek first thing in the morning. The bark formed up better after this picture was taken. I let it go until 175, wrapped it in paper up to 205 and ended up letting it rest for almost 3 hours after a little more research. Turned out great! The flat dried out a little but the point was incredible. I appreciate the tips with the cooler and water ideas. I wrapped it in a towel and put it in our soft sided yeti. Is there a chance this could have dried it out a little without some kind of moisture source in the cooler?

Super happy with the Traeger. It really makes it easy with the app controls and temp probe.

Pork shoulder up next this weekend!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0301.webp
    IMG_0301.webp
    428.7 KB · Views: 30
I cannot believe I have missed this thread my entire Tremor member life. I know what I will be doing tonight as I sip on some Tremor Reserve.

I am a nerd when it comes to smoking/grilling.

Matter of fact, I have been dry aging a pork rack rib roast all week so that she gets a little love in the smoker come this weekend.

I am beside myself...
 
I cannot believe I have missed this thread my entire Tremor member life. I know what I will be doing tonight as I sip on some Tremor Reserve.

I am a nerd when it comes to smoking/grilling.

Matter of fact, I have been dry aging a pork rack rib roast all week so that she gets a little love in the smoker come this weekend.

I am beside myself...
I hear you! I’ve been stalking this thread forever. Finally inspired me to get a smoker. You guys know how to cook some damn good looking food.
 
This was taken 12 hours in @155 internal. I had to peek first thing in the morning. The bark formed up better after this picture was taken. I let it go until 175, wrapped it in paper up to 205 and ended up letting it rest for almost 3 hours after a little more research. Turned out great! The flat dried out a little but the point was incredible. I appreciate the tips with the cooler and water ideas. I wrapped it in a towel and put it in our soft sided yeti. Is there a chance this could have dried it out a little without some kind of moisture source in the cooler?

Super happy with the Traeger. It really makes it easy with the app controls and temp probe.

Pork shoulder up next this weekend!
For my briskets, I keep the flat as far away from the burn pot as possible. My cooler side is on the right side of the smoker, so I generally keep the flat further that way. Works very well.
But it looks delicious! Well done for the first brisket. Pulled pork is very forgiving to cook. My family asks for it all the time.
 
Any of you all cooking brisket actually cook on a pit with oak, or mesquite wood, just curious. Pellet grills do a great job for sure, I have one.
That’s the only way I cook them. I’ve got an offset Oklahoma joes pit for that.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1813.webp
    IMG_1813.webp
    82.6 KB · Views: 34
Any of you all cooking brisket actually cook on a pit with oak, or mesquite wood, just curious. Pellet grills do a great job for sure, I have one.
My next big purchase will be an offset smoker. Need to figure out my future a bit first, then I'm looking for a big smoker trailer! Haha!
 
While I didn't smoke this sirloin roast with fat cap on, I did dry cure it in the fridge all week to stunning results.

I have been doing this dry aging/curing with my meats lately, the results are simply mouth watering.

Seasoning is simply salt and pepper and on the grill.

IMG_3091.webp


IMG_3084.webp

IMG_3098.webp


IMG_3105.webp

IMG_3140.webp



Lately, I have been stepping away from the rare/medium rare cooks as I am more into the grilled/crust flavor but this one was just perfect. The center was still warm despite it looking rare. Picture carpaccio - I couldn't pass this up and indulged in this beauty.
 
My next big purchase will be an offset smoker. Need to figure out my future a bit first, then I'm looking for a big smoker trailer! Haha!
-12 or +20 offset?
 
132lb hog. Cooked up nicely!
 

Attachments

  • 7950141441429225418.webp
    7950141441429225418.webp
    490.5 KB · Views: 44
  • 5036132753738286221.webp
    5036132753738286221.webp
    471.4 KB · Views: 48
  • 3635896424670469693.webp
    3635896424670469693.webp
    186.5 KB · Views: 43
  • 556922663048080198.webp
    556922663048080198.webp
    364 KB · Views: 45
nothin special

just corn dogs seasoned up however you like then warmed up on the grill
20250605_175313.webp
20250605_175448.webp
20250605_175452.webp
20250605_181218.webp
20250605_181331.webp


little mustard & you're set!!!!
fresh fries were a great start too!!!
 
Back
Top Bottom