What’s on your Smoker or Grill today?

🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

yep, not really a single serving
it was a couple short
4 was all i had left
😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

2 ways to special season your corndogs

as shown above
works well

2nd way & i haven't taken this enterprising step yet.
make your own cornmeal batter & add your seasoning to the batter. then, dip your own & deep fry fresh.

@AZsurveyor
no one's fault but your own
🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂
probably just forgotten what you're missing.🤣😂🤣😂

probably part of it, texas state fair has a big foody contest & corndogs seem to take the headliner
🤷🏻‍♂️

good little quick easy snack !!!!!!

1 other thing, it's gotta be French's mustard though.

😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣
 
Last weekend was a cured pork rack of ribs, this time on the smoker.

1.5 hours at 225F to a perfect finish using an apple whiskey pellet grain.

IMG_3333.webp





One was simply coarse salt seasoned while the smaller was glazed with a guave tropical sweet tang.

IMG_3338.webp
IMG_3350.webp
IMG_3351.webp
 
what'd you use to spice them up?
actually rolled them in the fell-off the fries seasoning

you'll (ya'll will) think I'm even crazier
but same as a steak
fiesta fancy meat seasoning with tenderizer (not uncle chris')
cilantro
black pepper
all you can get to stay stuck to whatever you're spicing up

then a little
paprika
turmeric
garlic powder
cayenne pepper, to your liking

steaks
chicken
pork chops
corndogs
french fries (after frying)
doesn't matter, you can't go wrong
😂🤣😂🤣😂
 
I think I will pass on a breaded wiener, just come grab the rib chop.
any gonna be available in sedona, at the September meet-up? or after?
😂🤣😂🤣😂
I'll be heading to Phoenix to see a buddy. waiting out the heat a week or 2 before going back to moab October. may just waste time around up there until time to go to big bend nov 10th???

aslo, I'm solo, so anybody that has the time & wants to join in? all's welcome;
get-ti-up🐎🐎🐎 let's go!!!!!!
 
any gonna be available in sedona, at the September meet-up? or after?
😂🤣😂🤣😂
I'll be heading to Phoenix to see a buddy. waiting out the heat a week or 2 before going back to moab October. may just waste time around up there until time to go to big bend nov 10th???

aslo, I'm solo, so anybody that has the time & wants to join in? all's welcome;
get-ti-up🐎🐎🐎 let's go!!!!!!
I'm sure we can come up with something by then.
 
You tube (meat church) inspired me to make some sticky smoked chicken quarters last night. Firing up the smoker for these 2 cuts was a little overkill, but I had the evening to myself to relax and enjoy the process.
Looking forward to doing a Picanha sirloin cap with a chimichurri for father's day weekend.
 

Attachments

  • 1.webp
    1.webp
    260.5 KB · Views: 33
  • 2.webp
    2.webp
    146.2 KB · Views: 38
  • 3.webp
    3.webp
    80.6 KB · Views: 39
  • 4.webp
    4.webp
    293.9 KB · Views: 42
IMO, Axis is much better than white tail.
Agree. I love venison (whitetail) backstrap. But axis backstrap is milder in flavor in even better IMO. Also why there are sites selling the stuff at $200 for 1-1.5lbs. But very succulent when I tried it. Had it simply seasoned and cooked identically to same whitetail backstrap few years back as I was lucky to find a guy who was kind to share. Hands down axis was better.

I also feel fortunate to have IL corn/bean fed whitetail that I hunt as I notice a flavor difference. But axis still better.

You just doing zebra burgers?
 
Agree. I love venison (whitetail) backstrap. But axis backstrap is milder in flavor in even better IMO. Also why there are sites selling the stuff at $200 for 1-1.5lbs. But very succulent when I tried it. Had it simply seasoned and cooked identically to same whitetail backstrap few years back as I was lucky to find a guy who was kind to share. Hands down axis was better.

I also feel fortunate to have IL corn/bean fed whitetail that I hunt as I notice a flavor difference. But axis still better.

You just doing zebra burgers?
Yes, but have also done chicken fried Zebra, melts in your mouth!
 
zebra chicken fried

do you know what cut of meat they/you used?
pounded sirloin?
pounded cube?
or something else
or
ground & hand formed & battered?
It was my neighbor who fixed it, absolutely not me. He is a exotic guide and most of his clients are only interested in the trophy, not the meat, so he barters for the meat and more times than not gets it free.
 
It was my neighbor who fixed it, absolutely not me. He is a exotic guide and most of his clients are only interested in the trophy, not the meat, so he barters for the meat and more times than not gets it free.
some guys got it made
😂🤣😂🤣😂
 
Dropped a 13lb Brisket in the pellet smoker about 1 am. I'd much rather use the wood fired barrel smoker, but the pellet tales less attention. I'll post a photo when I mop it.
 
Back
Top Bottom