What’s on your Smoker or Grill today?

We’ve gone through several stages of improving our diet and lifestyle over the past 25 years, and of course let things go for periods. We started with Atkinson years ago, and transitioned to Ketogenic back around 2010 with great success. Problem was we got tired of continuously counting carbs.

With the most recent transition to carnivore we have experienced much faster results, haven’t counted anything and just enjoy all meats, fish, seafood, eggs and animal fats. We didn’t have to withdraw from carbohydrates because they were a small percentage of our diet to start with. We haven’t bought sugary drinks for over 15 years. It was just a matter of adjusting our grocery shopping list.

We currently do two meals daily with occasional scheduled fasts. I never would have believed how easy this could be and at 63 years old haven’t felt this good for years. I’ve gone down from 36” pants fitting tight and struggling to tie my shoes to 32” pants which is the size I wore when I was a freshman in high school. And I’ve never had a regular prescription. Hoping to continue that trend into my senior years. Here’s to life at the top of the food chain. 😎
It's not easy sticking with it! Glad you found something that works - it's hard enough to get started, let alone deal with trial/error on top of it.

Couldn't believe the increase in clarity and cognitive function on low carb and especially on carnivore. My wife now calls my refeed/carb cycling days my "R" days and she does NOT mean refeed 😂
 
It's not easy sticking with it! Glad you found something that works - it's hard enough to get started, let alone deal with trial/error on top of it.

Couldn't believe the increase in clarity and cognitive function on low carb and especially on carnivore. My wife now calls my refeed/carb cycling days my "R" days and she does NOT mean refeed 😂
We actually struggled a bit on the other plans, but this has been a cinch for us. We are both on the same menu and schedule and we love meat. It’s fun for us and not a struggle at all this time. Even fasting is easy. I think we’ve found our comfort zone. Keep me posted how you are doing. 👍
 
  • Like
Reactions: McE
We actually struggled a bit on the other plans, but this has been a cinch for us. We are both on the same menu and schedule and we love meat. It’s fun for us and not a struggle at all this time. Even fasting is easy. I think we’ve found our comfort zone. Keep me posted how you are doing. 👍
Congrats man!

It’s a great feeling when those who struggle with these things find something that clicks and works and most importantly is sustainable. I’m in healthcare and do my best not to try and treat myself and for years tried things that didn’t work. Asked my PCPs all the questions, nothing (obesity and CV disease history significant in my family, hence my concern working Stroke team - I don’t wanna end up my own patient).

Finally saw a metabolic specialist at my hospital and dx with metabolic disorder and insulin resistance. She looked at my labs for last 8yrs and was like you’ve had classic symptoms this entire time just majority of people don’t know how to interpret or just assume with your history and size your a fatass probably (paraphrasing). She uses a scale that measures my lean muscle my fat and visceral fat. Saw her August 2024. Just had my 3rd follow up. I’m down 58 lbs. I’m at early college weight and just turned 40 Monday.

Biggest change was she told me stop intermittent fasting (didn’t do it by choice, working procedures/emergencies in hospital I didn’t get much choice). So it was finding high protein lean snacks and meals to keep my metabolism going as I have basically negative metabolism so I shouldn’t do intermittent fasting. So go figure…. I lost weight by eating more!

Congrats again and I can completely empathize with how you feel! Enjoy it and keep up the work!

**Sorry for over sharing, but if I can help anyone else who has/is going through this I want to help/motivate**
 
Congrats man!

It’s a great feeling when those who struggle with these things find something that clicks and works and most importantly is sustainable. I’m in healthcare and do my best not to try and treat myself and for years tried things that didn’t work. Asked my PCPs all the questions, nothing (obesity and CV disease history significant in my family, hence my concern working Stroke team - I don’t wanna end up my own patient).

Finally saw a metabolic specialist at my hospital and dx with metabolic disorder and insulin resistance. She looked at my labs for last 8yrs and was like you’ve had classic symptoms this entire time just majority of people don’t know how to interpret or just assume with your history and size your a fatass probably (paraphrasing). She uses a scale that measures my lean muscle my fat and visceral fat. Saw her August 2024. Just had my 3rd follow up. I’m down 58 lbs. I’m at early college weight and just turned 40 Monday.

Biggest change was she told me stop intermittent fasting (didn’t do it by choice, working procedures/emergencies in hospital I didn’t get much choice). So it was finding high protein lean snacks and meals to keep my metabolism going as I have basically negative metabolism so I shouldn’t do intermittent fasting. So go figure…. I lost weight by eating more!

Congrats again and I can completely empathize with how you feel! Enjoy it and keep up the work!

**Sorry for over sharing, but if I can help anyone else who has/is going through this I want to help/motivate**
I get it. I’m like @McE, when you realize someone is on the same path you get excited for them and want to share your experience. It’s good to encourage people. People that know me do a double take and ask if it’s me!🤗 Good luck with your journey. 👍
 
A little surf and turf off the pellet grill today for lunch. 😎
1743190109145.webp
1743190135332.webp
 
starting a hodge podge soup/stew thing again

the frozen broth from the pork ribs the other day. melting it first step.

20250328_183505.webp


it'll take till mid-night probably to get finished
 
Bacon wrapped jalapenos stuffed with cream cheese? Those are a huge hit in my house.
Yup... I can't attend any type of family/friend gathering that includes food without bringing them. They don't like me but they keep inviting me :)
 

Attachments

  • 2013-12-23 16.03.23.webp
    2013-12-23 16.03.23.webp
    49.9 KB · Views: 29
During dove season I'll skewer a dove breast between the bacon and the jalapeno. Next level.
add a big chunk of onion
same with a shrimp
those with cheese if you want

stuff jalapeno ain't stuffed if it ain't got meat😂🤣😂🤣😂
 
  • Haha
Reactions: McE
add a big chunk of onion
same with a shrimp
those with cheese if you want

stuff jalapeno ain't stuffed if it ain't got meat😂🤣😂🤣😂
There’s a bbq joint not far from me that every so often send an email out that they are doing a weekend special for “cowboy twinkies” - smoked brisket stuffed bacon wrapped jalopeno poppers… so damn good.
Man now I wish I have one of their emails in my inbasket lol
 
There’s a bbq joint not far from me that every so often send an email out that they are doing a weekend special for “cowboy twinkies” - smoked brisket stuffed bacon wrapped jalopeno poppers… so damn good.
Man now I wish I have one of their emails in my inbasket lol
down here "cowboy twinkies" means something else all together!!!!!
😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

no email?
make your own!!!!!!
add a sliver of onion though
 
pork loin bonless chops & fresh cut french fries. little of your favorite bbq sauce, if you like. doesn't need it with the seasonings though. fries seasoned up the same as the chops

20250401_185145.webp
20250401_185332.webp
20250401_190511.webp
20250401_191613.webp


sorry
no extras
no leftovers
😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣
 
Back
Top Bottom