What’s on your Smoker or Grill today?

@Godzilla/Tremornator needs beans in his chili also 🤠
what you folks just can't get your head around

it ain't chili anymore once you add the beans. that makes it bean soup.

I'll even go as far as i don't mind bean soup.

it's just not chili now!!!!!!!!

man!!!!!!!
😂🤣😅😂🤣😅😂🤣😅
 
Just started 14lbs of steak fajitas. Hosting my sons HA Varsity Baseball team dinner. (22) 17/18 year olds… fingers crossed I don’t run out of food lol

Smoked a Wagyu Loin for myself
IMG_1540.webp
IMG_1541.webp
 
Chicken kabobs and homemade Phillysteaks (shaved ribeye) on the flattop on top of my grill. Phillys are before peppers and onions added (grilled them up separately as I’ve gotten the grill/sperate meat into piles, top with 2-3 slices of cheese, then top with hoagie and after min or two get spatula under each sandwhich and flip so melted cheese is against bread.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5681.webp
    IMG_5681.webp
    443.8 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_5682.webp
    IMG_5682.webp
    364.3 KB · Views: 25
Man there are some good ideas in here. Been doing a modified carnivore diet and this is great. Brisket is my go-to but there’s not usually enough left for me by the time everyone else gets in on it 😂
 
Man there are some good ideas in here. Been doing a modified carnivore diet and this is great. Brisket is my go-to but there’s not usually enough left for me by the time everyone else gets in on it 😂
We’ve been carnivore since November. Down 30 pounds and feeling great! The smoker and blackstone are my best friends these days. 😎
 
We’ve been carnivore since November. Down 30 pounds and feeling great! The smoker and blackstone are my best friends these days. 😎
Dude, good for you! Killing it! You notice a significant improvement in mental clarity on carnivore, too?

Pellet grill makes carnivore easy but I've been eyeing those Blackstones. I generally eat once a day but never outside the hours of 2pm-8pm and try to fast for 24hrs at least once a month. I don't sit down between the hours of 6am and 6pm except for the 2.1mi commute to work. Refeed day/carb cycle about every 10-14 days - cheese burgers, ice cream, you name it. Rest of the time its high fat, high protein, super low carb (under 20g/day) or modified carnivore; meat/eggs/cheese with a cup of plain yogurt, 1/4 cup blueberries & strawberries, and about 1/2tsp honey once every few days - the small amount of fruit/honey keeps me out of gluconeogenesis, otherwise I can't stay in ketosis for more than a few days before having to full on carb cycle again. I've lost 28.5lbs since January 9th and only started running again two weeks ago.

If you hit a plateau, try adding a small amount of fruit (best natural glucose along with honey) for just one day and see if you start dropping again over the following 72hrs or so. That will give you a pretty good idea of whether your body is generating enough glucose from fat & protein to keep you out of ketosis. Maybe we need a separate thread to talk healff.

Back to smoking...
 
Dude, good for you! Killing it! You notice a significant improvement in mental clarity on carnivore, too?

Pellet grill makes carnivore easy but I've been eyeing those Blackstones. I generally eat once a day but never outside the hours of 2pm-8pm and try to fast for 24hrs at least once a month. I don't sit down between the hours of 6am and 6pm except for the 2.1mi commute to work. Refeed day/carb cycle about every 10-14 days - cheese burgers, ice cream, you name it. Rest of the time its high fat, high protein, super low carb (under 20g/day) or modified carnivore; meat/eggs/cheese with a cup of plain yogurt, 1/4 cup blueberries & strawberries, and about 1/2tsp honey once every few days - the small amount of fruit/honey keeps me out of gluconeogenesis, otherwise I can't stay in ketosis for more than a few days before having to full on carb cycle again. I've lost 28.5lbs since January 9th and only started running again two weeks ago.

If you hit a plateau, try adding a small amount of fruit (best natural glucose along with honey) for just one day and see if you start dropping again over the following 72hrs or so. That will give you a pretty good idea of whether your body is generating enough glucose from fat & protein to keep you out of ketosis. Maybe we need a separate thread to talk healff.

Back to smoking...
We’ve gone through several stages of improving our diet and lifestyle over the past 25 years, and of course let things go for periods. We started with Atkinson years ago, and transitioned to Ketogenic back around 2010 with great success. Problem was we got tired of continuously counting carbs.

With the most recent transition to carnivore we have experienced much faster results, haven’t counted anything and just enjoy all meats, fish, seafood, eggs and animal fats. We didn’t have to withdraw from carbohydrates because they were a small percentage of our diet to start with. We haven’t bought sugary drinks for over 15 years. It was just a matter of adjusting our grocery shopping list.

We currently do two meals daily with occasional scheduled fasts. I never would have believed how easy this could be and at 63 years old haven’t felt this good for years. I’ve gone down from 36” pants fitting tight and struggling to tie my shoes to 32” pants which is the size I wore when I was a freshman in high school. And I’ve never had a regular prescription. Hoping to continue that trend into my senior years. Here’s to life at the top of the food chain. 😎
 
Back
Top Bottom