What’s on your Smoker or Grill today?

Trying again. Overcooked the last one!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3195.webp
    IMG_3195.webp
    313.4 KB · Views: 57
Butchered up some pork belly into thick cut bacon this morning. Honey Hog from Meat Church rub, gonna be lovely.
Next time try Deez Nuts which I believe is based on Honey Hog
 
Trying again. Overcooked the last one!
IMG_3208.webp

Just wrapped it in butcher paper followed by foil. Definitely trending better than last time! Flat was at 170 but the point was at 148. Gonna take it up to 203 now.
 
View attachment 184387
Just wrapped it in butcher paper followed by foil. Definitely trending better than last time! Flat was at 170 but the point was at 148. Gonna take it up to 203 now.
Okay got the final results in! Something like a 21 hour cook and a 3 hour rest. I think it’s my first decent brisket! I’m happy!! 😃

IMG_3391.webp
IMG_3381.webp
IMG_3403.webp
IMG_3236.webp
 
SRF black grade tomahawk ribeye. 2 lobster tails. Twice baked potatoes. (No pics, just video). Home made Caesar salad. Bourbon (me) and wine (her). In the words of the great poet Ice Cube, today was a good day!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5965.mov
    16.4 MB
Okay got the final results in! Something like a 21 hour cook and a 3 hour rest. I think it’s my first decent brisket! I’m happy!!
 
Started a brisket about 2pm today. For those that struggle with brisket, my “secret method” is to put the brisket on the smoker around mid day, let it smoke at 140 to 190 till evening, take it off the smoker and wrap it in butcher paper and put it in the oven at 195 over night while you sleep. In the morning when you get up it’ll be 195 internal which is done. You can bump it up in temp when you get up to 200-205 if you like it falling apart tender. That’ll add another hour or two. Then take it out to rest and hour or two before cutting up. Cut it up and put back in the pan with all the juices, cover and leave it in a warm oven till it’s time to eat.

For me this takes the drudgery out of the process, no more camping out and loosing sleep, and the oven provides perfect temperature control during the critical part. You get all the benefits of the smoker in the first four hours. I’ll share the end results in the morning for anyone interested. 👍

1735248393910.webp
 
Last edited:
Started a brisket about 2pm today. For those that struggle with brisket, my “secret method” is to put the brisket on the smoker around mid day, let it smoke at 140 to 190 till evening, take it off the smoker and wrap it in butcher paper and put it in the oven at 195 over night while you sleep. In the morning when you get up it’ll be 195 internal which is done. You can bump it up in temp when you get up to 200-205 if you like it falling apart tender. That’ll add another hour or two. Then take it out to rest and hour or two before cutting up. Cut it up and put back in the pan with all the juices, cover and leave it in a warm oven till it’s time to eat.

For me this takes the drudgery out of the process, no more camping out and loosing sleep, and the oven provides perfect temperature control during the critical part. You get all the benefits of the smoker in the first four hours. I’ll share the end results in the morning for anyone interested. 👍

View attachment 184576
Okay so this was a full brisket of 11 pounds. The rub was a local favorite in Indiana called Shoup’s seasoning. It took a little longer than my usual half brisket normally would. As stated I started it around 2 pm yesterday. I could have started a couple hours earlier for a lunchtime serving today. I did turn the temp on the smoker up to about 200f for the last couple hours last evening.

Once transferred to the oven, I set it to 195f around 10pm. When we got up this morning at 7:30, the internal temperature was 180. I turned the oven up to 210f and the internal temp reached 195 at about 12:45. I then uncovered the top and turned on the broiler for five minutes to brown the outside further. Next it was allowed to rest in its juices for about 90 minutes. I sliced on a cutting board, separated the fat from the juices, and poured the juice back over the sliced brisket in a class dish. 🤤🍻

1735333589731.webp
1735333618744.webp
1735333649839.webp
 
Back
Top Bottom