Weight Loss Assistance

Can you leave the egr in place for appearances with no issues?
Yes, it’s unplugged and turned off via the tune. My friend bought a new 12 6.7 f250 in 2011. He bought a tuner, put a race pipe in place of the dpf and drove it until last year with the egr. Last winter we finally pulled the egr. Now he still drives the trucks. Other than the weight loss its stock, never has had a problem. Just does regular maintenance. He left the egr for two reasons, 1st being if he had to return it to stock it could be done easily, 2nd, he was afraid of breaking those two small bolts (2020 gets larger ones). We sprayed the bolts with pb blaster for a week, came right out.
 
I haven't done a lot of research on this (yet)...but I do have a question. What happens if you get a Ford Recall on your truck? With my 2022, bought used in 2024, I didn't expect to get recalls at all...but I did. Does everyone just avoid the dealership, period? Do they (dealership) even care? I would hate to have an open recall that I can't address due to hypothetical modifications. Thanks for the info...I'm very curious about this topic and plan to do a lot more research.
 
I haven't done a lot of research on this (yet)...but I do have a question. What happens if you get a Ford Recall on your truck? With my 2022, bought used in 2024, I didn't expect to get recalls at all...but I did. Does everyone just avoid the dealership, period? Do they (dealership) even care? I would hate to have an open recall that I can't address due to hypothetical modifications. Thanks for the info...I'm very curious about this topic and plan to do a lot more research.
Totally dealer dependent. Chances are they won’t care. I straight up asked a service advisor at my dealer. They have a dedicated truck shop for 250s on up to busses. He said “If we didn’t, word would get around fast and we would lose half our business. The other half would soon follow”.
I’d recommend paying them a visit and see how many deleted trucks are in their parking lot. If you see some, go in and talk to the oldest advisor you see. Bet they don’t care.
FWIW, generally speaking a “recall” is required that they repair regardless. A TSB is “if there is an issue” they’ll repair.
 
I haven't done a lot of research on this (yet)...but I do have a question. What happens if you get a Ford Recall on your truck? With my 2022, bought used in 2024, I didn't expect to get recalls at all...but I did. Does everyone just avoid the dealership, period? Do they (dealership) even care? I would hate to have an open recall that I can't address due to hypothetical modifications. Thanks for the info...I'm very curious about this topic and plan to do a lot more research.
Just go get it done, unless it’s a reflash or tune. Mods don’t affect their ability to do a recall or work on a truck. My friends son is a diesel mechanic at a ford dealer. They have a used 24 f250 that’s deleted for sale and a few older deleted trucks on their lot for sale. He says he works on deleted trucks all the time, they don’t turn down the work. Here in farm country, there are allot of first gen 6.7’s running around deleted. These trucks cost allot, and people want to keep them going as long as possible.
 
I just ordered the complete kit from diesel dudes. I did the work myself and it's really pretty simple. Tune install took about 10 minutes, unplugging everything under the truck and dropping the pipe took a couple hours. The hardest part is getting the damn bolts out of the EGR.. Took me 4-5 hours to get 6 bolts out.
You can just do the DPF and keep the EGR on, just make sure to unplug it. I also just went with the 4" mid pipe so I could keep the factory tip look. If you go 5" you'll have to drop the entire exhaust and you'll get a little more sound out of it.
How are you liking the Tune from Diesel Dudes? I am trying to decide if I get that kit or get a tune and buy the other stuff separately.
 
How are you liking the Tune from Diesel Dudes? I am trying to decide if I get that kit or get a tune and buy the other stuff separately.
Do not buy crap from diesel dudes. You can get better quality parts and tunes from just about everyone else
 
I figure I'll ask you guys.

I've wondered at the thought of a bypass, maybe just like a cutout and a seperate exhaust pipe that could open and close. For off road use, of course.

I really like the cleanliness of the system, and don't want to lose it in most circumstances, but once in a while, it would be nice to push a button or pull a choke cable and open up another route, leaving the factory stuff in place.

Forgive me if I'm dreaming, I'm not really a hardcore diesel guy yet...

but could it be done without "tuning", Or would it piss the sensors off and throw a bunch of codes?

Just wondering.
 
I don't think you can do that you'd have to flash between EmOn and EmOff. As soon as the sensors start seeing something wonky with the readings it'll limp out once you open the dump. Running EmOff file with a dpf will clog it in no time and it'll never burn off via a regen leading to massive back pressure and you'll never get the alert for clogged filter
 
I don't think you can do that you'd have to flash between EmOn and EmOff. As soon as the sensors start seeing something wonky with the readings it'll limp out once you open the dump. Running EmOff file with a dpf will clog it in no time and it'll never burn off via a regen leading to massive back pressure and you'll never get the alert for clogged filter
Thank you. I was hoping to leave it active, just open another path to reduce the volume it sees.

But, as you say, i'm not sure how much the computer would like that. :(
 
Any suggestions? Im less worried about a big horsepower boost, mostly want reliable.
I’d recommend ASAP tunes as an overall package. Their trans tune is still superior to anything else on the market including AMDP. You can absolutely run a no or low horsepower tune and a medium pressure shift trans tune and it will shift like butter and be super reliable.
 
Thank you. I was hoping to leave it active, just open another path to reduce the volume it sees.

But, as you say, i'm not sure how much the computer would like that. :(
QTP exhaust cutout is cheapish, you could just give it a shot if you're frisky but I would bet that like any catalyst system when the deviation from certain amount you'll get a cel and limp mode. Might not be able to bypass enough to make it worthy but!!

You could do a quiet exhaust and a rowdy exhaust
 
QTP exhaust cutout is cheapish, you could just give it a shot if you're frisky but I would bet that like any catalyst system when the deviation from certain amount you'll get a cel and limp mode. Might not be able to bypass enough to make it worthy but!!

You could do a quiet exhaust and a rowdy exhaust
That's the idea. I would want the cutout after the cat , but before the dpf.

I'm not even sure there's enough room, but it's nice to dream. 🤷‍♂️
 
Just picked up a used 2020 Ford F‑350 6.7 with about 100k miles, bone stock. I’m looking for a full delete kit for 6.7 powerstroke online and have been checking out Diesel Dudes and Tuner Depot. Leaning toward Tuner Depot since their kit includes a full 5" exhaust, while Diesel Dudes only offers a DPF delete pipe.
I want to be careful where I order because I’ve heard the EPA is cracking down, and sometimes tune downloads can even be viruses. Has anyone had experience with these sites or know of other reliable sources?
Thanks in advance!
 
Last edited:
1771766787872.gif
 
Back
Top Bottom