Weight Loss Assistance

The factory tailpipe + muffler is my plan. I like the look of the OEM tailpipe but hate the chrizzome in it. Thought about buying the non chrome one and sending it to Jet Hot. But that would probably be more than an aftermarket dual exit pipe.
A neighbor of mine has a 4 inch pipe going into his factory axle back duel tip pipe. It’s pretty quiet but has a nice rumble to it. I run the 5 inch mbrp filter back kit, so the 4 inch pipe goes into the 5 inch axle back kit. I love the sound, its very quiet in the cab.
 
A neighbor of mine has a 4 inch pipe going into his factory axle back duel tip pipe. It’s pretty quiet but has a nice rumble to it. I run the 5 inch mbrp filter back kit, so the 4 inch pipe goes into the 5 inch axle back kit. I love the sound, its very quiet in the cab.
I'm trying to keep it as quiet as possible in the cab. Long drives can suck (for me) with a loud exhaust. I might just paint the existing one with high temp rattle can for the mean time. If I buy one, I know I'll go 5". Because why keep it 4" 😄
 
Do you know about how long the tcm relearn takes? I got an admp trans tune. Just installed it
specifically, no, they claim 500-1k miles. Doing the process I follow, you can tell it's still learning but usually by 200 miles it all seems to be dialed in.
Single tune might be different, which most are running here but being on a 5-tune switch, once your TCM learns, switching the dial takes no time.

The TCM will take 1-2K to fully settle, after doing the appropriate relearn, but once she's dialed in, feel free to select your tune level.

I've got 8K+ on the TCM after the relearning and she's slicing butter on every tune level. Like fresh baked bread.
 
I'm trying to keep it as quiet as possible in the cab. Long drives can suck (for me) with a loud exhaust. I might just paint the existing one with high temp rattle can for the mean time. If I buy one, I know I'll go 5". Because why keep it 4" 😄
Wish you were closer. I’m still not a fan of the rumble these engines make, but if you straight pipe the intake, you’ll get all that suction in your cab—and it’s loud.

Dad’s ’17 has a hiss tune, and while you still get a slight rumble, it’s not as prominent as mine. That beautiful 6.0 is hard to replicate, respectively.

Covered 1,500 miles just last week, from the northern Arizona mountains to the southern Arizona hilly desert, and she’ll keep you wide awake. I keep my intake closed because of my work environment, but if you want more, run it open—it’s louder than music at full blast.
 
Wish you were closer. I’m still not a fan of the rumble these engines make, but if you straight pipe the intake, you’ll get all that suction in your cab—and it’s loud.

Dad’s ’17 has a hiss tune, and while you still get a slight rumble, it’s not as prominent as mine. That beautiful 6.0 is hard to replicate, respectively.

Covered 1,500 miles just last week, from the northern Arizona mountains to the southern Arizona hilly desert, and she’ll keep you wide awake. I keep my intake closed because of my work environment, but if you want more, run it open—it’s louder than music at full blast.
Thanks for that info! I never gave a thought to the noise from that side of the engine. The initial plan was to keep the intake stock (minus the throttle valve which has to be removed IIRC) and get the tune done. Maybe do a filter box. Knowing there is an increase in sound with a full intake kit, I'll probably keep the rest of the plumbing the same
 
Wish you were closer. I’m still not a fan of the rumble these engines make, but if you straight pipe the intake, you’ll get all that suction in your cab—and it’s loud.

Dad’s ’17 has a hiss tune, and while you still get a slight rumble, it’s not as prominent as mine. That beautiful 6.0 is hard to replicate, respectively.

Covered 1,500 miles just last week, from the northern Arizona mountains to the southern Arizona hilly desert, and she’ll keep you wide awake. I keep my intake closed because of my work environment, but if you want more, run it open—it’s louder than music at full blast.
Valid point, I run the banks cai, I can definitely hear it. This summer I plan on running the pusher intake and dcr pump, I bet it will be even louder.
 
Single tune might be different, which most are running here but being on a 5-tune switch, once your TCM learns, switching the dial takes no time.

The TCM will take 1-2K to fully settle, after doing the appropriate relearn, but once she's dialed in, feel free to select your tune level.

I've got 8K+ on the TCM after the relearning and she's slicing butter on every tune level. Like fresh baked bread.
Respectfully this is not the case, Proven and Admp have both come out that there's still a trans relearn (small or large) when you SOTF change. I don't understand the circumstances and won't pretend to but I assume it has something to do with the calibration and how the the rest of the truck interprets the CAC/fuel temp changes and how the TCM interprets those load and torque values. But they've all said drive the truck normal for a couple hundred miles after making a SOTF adjustment and to honestly avoid playing with it like it's a toy; select a level you want most days and leave it and only change it when needed. It's one thing to go from a 150hp tune to a tow tune, it's the opposite to go from a tow tune to level 5 and attempt to race the guy at the light.

Maybe a relearn is the wrong and a bit of a harsh/heavy word but an adjustment period should be observed as best practice for the longevity of the trans.
 
Respectfully this is not the case, Proven and Admp have both come out that there's still a trans relearn (small or large) when you SOTF change. I don't understand the circumstances and won't pretend to but I assume it has something to do with the calibration and how the the rest of the truck interprets the CAC/fuel temp changes and how the TCM interprets those load and torque values. But they've all said drive the truck normal for a couple hundred miles after making a SOTF adjustment and to honestly avoid playing with it like it's a toy; select a level you want most days and leave it and only change it when needed. It's one thing to go from a 150hp tune to a tow tune, it's the opposite to go from a tow tune to level 5 and attempt to race the guy at the light.

Maybe a relearn is the wrong and a bit of a harsh/heavy word but an adjustment period should be observed as best practice for the longevity of the trans.
I drive around on level 2 and it stays there 98% of the time. What I do go through a lot is the drive modes but I suspect, since this is part of factory programming, there is no relearn process by selecting through the modes or would the same apply?

I might drive on level 3 for a week or two and observe how diffrently she behaves once the adjustment time has been achieved.
 
I drive around on level 2 and it stays there 98% of the time. What I do go through a lot is the drive modes but I suspect, since this is part of factory programming, there is no relearn process by selecting through the modes or would the same apply?

I might drive on level 3 for a week or two and observe how diffrently she behaves once the adjustment time has been achieved.
Thats correct drive modes don't really change much but still is a good example due to at least in eco mode perceived load scaling, suffer through driving a day in Eco mode then switch back and notice how retarded the trans can be at times.
 
I was able to complete the weight loss in my driveway just after Christmas and I am very pleased. I am running the 75hp rumble ECM tune and OEM medium shift TCM tune. The exhaust is 4” stainless, muffler and 30” resonator. I also did a 4”-5” polished elbow. It definitely has much better throttle response. Outside it has a perfect rumble and inside it is quiet. I pulled about 8k for 200 miles on a hunting trip before I put the resonator on and it had drone at about 1600 rpm. With the resonator it is completely gone. All tunes are AMDP and EZLynk tuner. I saw about a 3mpg increase towing. I don’t really ever drive empty as the truck is not my daily to know empty mpg increase. I will post audio files and pics later this evening. Thanks again to this group and those who shared their knowledge.
 
I was able to complete the weight loss in my driveway just after Christmas and I am very pleased. I am running the 75hp rumble ECM tune and OEM medium shift TCM tune. The exhaust is 4” stainless, muffler and 30” resonator. I also did a 4”-5” polished elbow. It definitely has much better throttle response. Outside it has a perfect rumble and inside it is quiet. I pulled about 8k for 200 miles on a hunting trip before I put the resonator on and it had drone at about 1600 rpm. With the resonator it is completely gone. All tunes are AMDP and EZLynk tuner. I saw about a 3mpg increase towing. I don’t really ever drive empty as the truck is not my daily to know empty mpg increase. I will post audio files and pics later this evening. Thanks again to this group and those who shared their knowledge.
Good choice, so your running the 75 hp admp tune and the corresponding trans tune? I run their 50 hp tune with stock idle and the corresponding trans tune. Runs very strong, 20-21 mpg on the highway, tons of power. Admp has the best powerstroke tunes out out, very dialed in and very clean.
 
Good choice, so your running the 75 hp admp tune and the corresponding trans tune? I run their 50 hp tune with stock idle and the corresponding trans tune. Runs very strong, 20-21 mpg on the highway, tons of power. Admp has the best powerstroke tunes out out, very dialed in and very clean.
That is correct 75hp tune and corresponding TCM tune. Runs and shifts great. Files coming tomorrow. I was not able to record the final setup today.
 
That is correct 75hp tune and corresponding TCM tune. Runs and shifts great. Files coming tomorrow. I was not able to record the final setup today.
Did you leave the egr?
 
Yes. I left the EGR.
If you go to remove it, it’s not hard. I got a few tips if you need them,.
IMG_0462.webp
IMG_0465.webp
 
Blame it on boomeritis. Works now. May have been too much background stuff going on while downloading apps that did not transfer.
 
Back
Top Bottom