Weight Loss Assistance

i need to source some removed wait and see how the insides look, see if maybe possible to open up some flow. for appearances sake.
 
i need to source some removed wait and see how the insides look, see if maybe possible to open up some flow. for appearances sake.
That used to be a fairly common practice. On the 11-16's you could cut the welds and remove the guts. Weld it back up and put the heat shield on. Looked stock except for the black tailpipe.
 
Tuning with the ezlynk was incredibly easy. There are a lot of tunes to choose from as well as TCU tunes. I have the SOTF switch which gives me the option to keep HP from stock all the way up to 160 hp increase. I don't care about launching my truck off the line, so I just keep it at a 50 hp gain. Throttle response and MPG's are amazing I now get over 700 miles on a full tank. Ezlynk also gives me options to make some adjustments to features such as TPM setting, high beam with fog lights, speed limiter removal and other things like that. Also get updates sent on occasion so you can keep everything up to date. Bottom line, I have a few thousand miles since the install, and I have nothing but good things to say about my tune.
 
That used to be a fairly common practice. On the 11-16's you could cut the welds and remove the guts. Weld it back up and put the heat shield on. Looked stock except for the black tailpipe.
Ghost pipes!
 
Tuning with the ezlynk was incredibly easy. There are a lot of tunes to choose from as well as TCU tunes. I have the SOTF switch which gives me the option to keep HP from stock all the way up to 160 hp increase. I don't care about launching my truck off the line, so I just keep it at a 50 hp gain. Throttle response and MPG's are amazing I now get over 700 miles on a full tank. Ezlynk also gives me options to make some adjustments to features such as TPM setting, high beam with fog lights, speed limiter removal and other things like that. Also get updates sent on occasion so you can keep everything up to date. Bottom line, I have a few thousand miles since the install, and I have nothing but good things to say about my tune.
Does the EZ give you those options (TPM/ fog lights) without being tuned?
Long story short, someone else's bad decisions set my tuning / exhaust mod funds back a bit. I want those changes. Especially the fogs. But doing stuff with Forscan will have to be undone when I tune. Or so I understand.
 
Does the EZ give you those options (TPM/ fog lights) without being tuned?
Long story short, someone else's bad decisions set my tuning / exhaust mod funds back a bit. I want those changes. Especially the fogs. But doing stuff with Forscan will have to be undone when I tune. Or so I understand.
there are setting you can flip that mimic forscan (TPMS, Bambi Mode - Fogs with Highs, double honk and so forth).
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20251113-101244.webp
    Screenshot_20251113-101244.webp
    34.9 KB · Views: 25
Tuning with the ezlynk was incredibly easy. There are a lot of tunes to choose from as well as TCU tunes. I have the SOTF switch which gives me the option to keep HP from stock all the way up to 160 hp increase. I don't care about launching my truck off the line, so I just keep it at a 50 hp gain. Throttle response and MPG's are amazing I now get over 700 miles on a full tank. Ezlynk also gives me options to make some adjustments to features such as TPM setting, high beam with fog lights, speed limiter removal and other things like that. Also get updates sent on occasion so you can keep everything up to date. Bottom line, I have a few thousand miles since the install, and I have nothing but good things to say about my tune.
Are you able to intergrate with SOTF with the EZL files?
 
Are you able to intergrate with SOTF with the EZL files?
you would have to select and load a SOTF file in your available tunes; a SOTF tune will not work with a single HP tune. If i am understanding your question, lIke you couldn't load a 90hp tune and then have 5 levels of power with 5 being 90 and then tiered steps lower on positions 0-4
 
you would have to select and load a SOTF file in your available tunes; a SOTF tune will not work with a single HP tune. If i am understanding your question, lIke you couldn't load a 90hp tune and then have 5 levels of power with 5 being 90 and then tiered steps lower on positions 0-4
Exactly, are these tuners now creating SOTF files for the EZL?

I am really enjoying having the option to switch on the fly.
 
Exactly, are these tuners now creating SOTF files for the EZL?

I am really enjoying having the option to switch on the fly.
Yes, I know AMDP, ASAP, and Proven, are still offering SOTF with the EZL devices (Well proven uses the Avid device but same sames). I know that only because I am in the groups and have seen them actually post screenshots and or mention it. It usually costs extra to add the SOTF option to the tune pack but it's usually only like $100 extra.
 
Yes, I know AMDP, ASAP, and Proven, are still offering SOTF with the EZL devices (Well proven uses the Avid device but same sames). I know that only because I am in the groups and have seen them actually post screenshots and or mention it. It usually costs extra to add the SOTF option to the tune pack but it's usually only like $100 extra.
I would imagine these are special tunes and likely not getting all the updates all the other files contain?

I don't want to fix what's not broken but the options with EZL seems just endless, and they started.
 
I would imagine these are special tunes and likely not getting all the updates all the other files contain?

I don't want to fix what's not broken but the options with EZL seems just endless, and they started.
I would probably argue that if they are pushing updates, it's for refinement at this point and more than likely the SOTF tunes would get the same or similar love. Might not be on the same version number as the program/tuning values might be different but I would challenge that they get updates like the others in similar fashions. I can't speak to that though as I have not seen that specifically noted.
 
I would probably argue that if they are pushing updates, it's for refinement at this point and more than likely the SOTF tunes would get the same or similar love. Might not be on the same version number as the program/tuning values might be different but I would challenge that they get updates like the others in similar fashions. I can't speak to that though as I have not seen that specifically noted.
I shall inquire within.

Props for the feedback.
 
ADMP has a great sotf tune, get the dial switch and you can adjust the hp, or just run it on stock power level without the switch. If you have a 20-21 you can now get the sct x4 pre programmed by admp.
 
I would imagine these are special tunes and likely not getting all the updates all the other files contain?

I don't want to fix what's not broken but the options with EZL seems just endless, and they started.
You should switch to ezlynk and you’ll be happy to have a library of tunes you chose from once you choose a tuner. All of them have sotf files.
 
You should switch to ezlynk and you’ll be happy to have a library of tunes you chose from once you choose a tuner. All of them have sotf files.
I know the switch is only $65, but I’ve gotten used to being able to select levels on the fly.

For those with multiple tuners, is that because of a package deal, or are you each paying for separate subscriptions?
 
I know the switch is only $65, but I’ve gotten used to being able to select levels on the fly.

For those with multiple tuners, is that because of a package deal, or are you each paying for separate subscriptions?
You pay for a specific tuner and you get all their files. I have three different tuners on my ezlynk and have been testing them all. I don’t have a shift on the fly switch yet so I’ve just been flashing new single file tunes each time.
 
Back
Top Bottom