Weight Loss Assistance

You pay for a specific tuner and you get all their files. I have three different tuners on my ezlynk and have been testing them all. I don’t have a shift on the fly switch yet so I’ve just been flashing new single file tunes each time.
If you need help burning through cash, sign me up.

I'll happily provide some genuine feedback on those testings.
 
Just keep in mind, nothing will ever run as good as a single HP tune with how our SOTF systems work; I can't remember if it was Cummins or Duramax where those tunes actually changed boost, fuel timing, and so forth through the dial turn, where ours are more like a blended bandaid.

For more clarity here "Just keep in mind, nothing will ever run as good as a single HP tune" If you lined up a 150hp tune against the same manufacturers 150hp tune but SOTF 9/10x the straight 150hp tune will be faster and drive better on all accounts. The SOTF tries to do a little bit of everything decently but doesn't do a single thing great other than variability. You may (not) notice quirks with a SOTF file that you wouldn't have when running a single HP tune.

And for those new here, you shouldn't be swapping tunes and just going to work (ie the mustang at the red light wants to go and your inner Dom rolls the dial to 5); this is how your tear shit up especially the 10r140. The flashing process is pretty quick with the newer EZL and Avid devices (I think under two-three minutes which seems light years faster than what I remember flashing my 6.0ls)
 
And for those new here, you shouldn't be swapping tunes and just going to work (ie the mustang at the red light wants to go and your inner Dom rolls the dial to 5); this is how your tear shit up especially the 10r140. )
Are you saying that there should be time given for the trans and other modules time to learn after swapping tunes?
 
Just keep in mind, nothing will ever run as good as a single HP tune with how our SOTF systems work; I can't remember if it was Cummins or Duramax where those tunes actually changed boost, fuel timing, and so forth through the dial turn, where ours are more like a blended bandaid.

For more clarity here "Just keep in mind, nothing will ever run as good as a single HP tune" If you lined up a 150hp tune against the same manufacturers 150hp tune but SOTF 9/10x the straight 150hp tune will be faster and drive better on all accounts. The SOTF tries to do a little bit of everything decently but doesn't do a single thing great other than variability. You may (not) notice quirks with a SOTF file that you wouldn't have when running a single HP tune.

And for those new here, you shouldn't be swapping tunes and just going to work (ie the mustang at the red light wants to go and your inner Dom rolls the dial to 5); this is how your tear shit up especially the 10r140. The flashing process is pretty quick with the newer EZL and Avid devices (I think under two-three minutes which seems light years faster than what I remember flashing my 6.0ls)
Do you know about how long the tcm relearn takes? I got an admp trans tune. Just installed it.
 
Do you know about how long the tcm relearn takes? I got an admp trans tune. Just installed it.
specifically, no, they claim 500-1k miles. Doing the process I follow, you can tell it's still learning but usually by 200 miles it all seems to be dialed in.
 
Since this thread is still going, I wanted to provide an update. Thanks to everyone who 'I have PM'd with. I have been doing more research and intend to do the weight loss myself. I will go with a single tune, EZL and AMDP tunes. Since I want to keep it quiet, I am going with a 4" exhaust, 30" FTE resonator, and muffler. I am purchasing the items and should have time to do it over the holidays.
 
Since this thread is still going, I wanted to provide an update. Thanks to everyone who 'I have PM'd with. I have been doing more research and intend to do the weight loss myself. I will go with a single tune, EZL and AMDP tunes. Since I want to keep it quiet, I am going with a 4" exhaust, 30" FTE resonator, and muffler. I am purchasing the items and should have time to do it over the holidays.
can't wait to hear how it sounds
 
Since this thread is still going, I wanted to provide an update. Thanks to everyone who 'I have PM'd with. I have been doing more research and intend to do the weight loss myself. I will go with a single tune, EZL and AMDP tunes. Since I want to keep it quiet, I am going with a 4" exhaust, 30" FTE resonator, and muffler. I am purchasing the items and should have time to do it over the holidays.
I’d like to hear this as well.
 
Since this thread is still going, I wanted to provide an update. Thanks to everyone who 'I have PM'd with. I have been doing more research and intend to do the weight loss myself. I will go with a single tune, EZL and AMDP tunes. Since I want to keep it quiet, I am going with a 4" exhaust, 30" FTE resonator, and muffler. I am purchasing the items and should have time to do it over the holidays.
I'm headed in the same direction as you. I dont want an obnoxiously loud truck. Are you buying all together as a kit or are your piecing it together?
 
Since this thread is still going, I wanted to provide an update. Thanks to everyone who 'I have PM'd with. I have been doing more research and intend to do the weight loss myself. I will go with a single tune, EZL and AMDP tunes. Since I want to keep it quiet, I am going with a 4" exhaust, 30" FTE resonator, and muffler. I am purchasing the items and should have time to do it over the holidays.
If you stick with the factory tailpipe it’s not loud at all. Add a 30 inch fte twister style resonator along with the factory tailpipe and it’s very quiet. I run a 4 inch straight pipe into the 5 inch “filter back” tailpipe. It sounds very good, but I can really get it to quiet down. Make sure whatever admp tune you get, run the corresponding trans tune. You will really enjoy driving that truck then. As of now the admp is the best 6.7 powerstroke tunes you can get. Their 50hp tow tune gets me 20 mpg with 37’s on the highway.
 
If you stick with the factory tailpipe it’s not loud at all. Add a 30 inch fte twister style resonator along with the factory tailpipe and it’s very quiet. I run a 4 inch straight pipe into the 5 inch “filter back” tailpipe. It sounds very good, but I can really get it to quiet down. Make sure whatever admp tune you get, run the corresponding trans tune. You will really enjoy driving that truck then. As of now the admp is the best 6.7 powerstroke tunes you can get. Their 50hp tow tune gets me 20 mpg with 37’s on the highway.
Do you have any video you can share? Curious to hear how that sounds
 
If you stick with the factory tailpipe it’s not loud at all. Add a 30 inch fte twister style resonator along with the factory tailpipe and it’s very quiet. I run a 4 inch straight pipe into the 5 inch “filter back” tailpipe. It sounds very good, but I can really get it to quiet down. Make sure whatever admp tune you get, run the corresponding trans tune. You will really enjoy driving that truck then. As of now the admp is the best 6.7 powerstroke tunes you can get. Their 50hp tow tune gets me 20 mpg with 37’s on the highway.
The factory tailpipe + muffler is my plan. I like the look of the OEM tailpipe but hate the chrizzome in it. Thought about buying the non chrome one and sending it to Jet Hot. But that would probably be more than an aftermarket dual exit pipe.
 
If you stick with the factory tailpipe it’s not loud at all. Add a 30 inch fte twister style resonator along with the factory tailpipe and it’s very quiet. I run a 4 inch straight pipe into the 5 inch “filter back” tailpipe. It sounds very good, but I can really get it to quiet down. Make sure whatever admp tune you get, run the corresponding trans tune. You will really enjoy driving that truck then. As of now the admp is the best 6.7 powerstroke tunes you can get. Their 50hp tow tune gets me 20 mpg with 37’s on the highway.
The 50hp tow tune it what I plan to run as well.
 
The 50hp tow tune it what I plan to run as well.
I have not tried other tunes yet, I have a 0 hp, 50hp, 75hp, 100hp and 150hp tune files along with the corresponding tcm tune files from admp. The 50 hp runs great, all throttle lag is gone. I know people that push the limits and run 150 hp every day with no issues, but I want realiability. I think you’ll be very happy with the 50 hp tune, just make sure you get the tcm tune.
 
Back
Top Bottom