Tremors and Campers let's talk camping!!

I’ve enjoyed reading your posts about your projects because you’re so precise and thorough. The blue painter’s tape on the wheelwells made me smile. Great looking rig!
Thanks! I can't turn off the engineering mindset, 😂...

I had the tape on and measured the truck unloaded as well but neglected to snap a pic so I took some B-roll and and snuck it in after the fact.

Made the trek up North to Traverse City, Mi and all went well. Forecasted rain all day but it actually was more off than on. A bit of snow in the air in spots... was fighting a North wind for most of the trip so mileage suffered - I think we got ~7.5. Was clear when we got up here but I think the next couple days will be hit or miss. Further South they may get a couple inches over night! We came to catch the Fall colors and the drive up didn't disappoint. A few shots from the campground and our campsite:

PXL_20221017_190336404.jpg

PXL_20221017_204447075.jpg

PXL_20221017_205851278.jpg

PXL_20221017_205859055.jpg

PXL_20221017_210340202.jpg

Made the trek up North to Traverse City, Mi and all went well. Forecasted rain all day but it actually was more off than on. A bit of snow in the air in spots... was fighting a North wind for most of the trip so mileage suffered - I think we got ~7.5. Was clear when we got up here but I think the next couple days will be hit or miss. Further South they may get a couple inches over night! We came to catch the Fall colors and the drive up didn't disappoint. A few shots from the campground and our campsite:

View attachment 62660
View attachment 62661
View attachment 62662
View attachment 62663
View attachment 62664
Looks like a beautiful park. I'm thinking next year we'll try north during July-Aug.

I’m consideringa Lance 2075. What are the Plus and minus? I really like the layout.

Last edited:
Made it back in one piece... Saw a bit of every type of weather on this trip in the span of four days (wind, rain, snow). Truck and camper both did great! The night we got there and the following day there were 50mph winds. Our last full day and the morning we left it was dead calm. The drive home was mostly sunny - crazy Mich Fall weather... No real wind to speak of and we got ~8.5mpg vs ~7.5 on the way up going about the same speed.

Fun fact - this park was started as an Airstream only RV park but now is open to all. There were quite a few Airstreams there, though.

PXL_20221019_194616852.jpg
PXL_20221020_130021599.jpg
PXL_20221020_130000060.jpg
PXL_20221020_151255247.jpg

mid 70s will take that all day here in WI. 5er is cleaned up but the Tremor is not. The Rv is pretty much empty right here and you can see the squat on the truck.
IMG_1811.jpeg

mid 70s will take that all day here in WI. 5er is cleaned up but the Tremor is not. The Rv is pretty much empty right here and you can see the squat on the truck.
View attachment 62989
You have either Sumos or Timbrens correct? How much did it squat without those?

Placed an order today for an Oliver Legacy Elite II. Production start date is scheduled for Mar. 3, with an estimated pick up date of April 18. The plan is coming together. :p🍻

1666647862098.png

Placed an order today for an Oliver Legacy Elite II. Production start date is scheduled for Mar. 3, with an estimated pick up date of April 18. The plan is coming together. :p🍻

View attachment 62995
Congrats!! They are nice campers!! A lot of thought seems to go into their layout.

View attachment 62995
Very cool! That is something to look forward to for sure...

You have either Sumos or Timbrens correct? How much did it squat without those?
Yellow sumo and Helwig sway bar ( won't help squat) Black Sumos up front. It squats about the same as when I had my lighter smaller 5er ( I added the Sumos for my 37' 5er approx 12,500) this one is 16,800. I never hooked it up without the Sumos. Wonder if the front sumos hold up the front too much ??????

Congrats!! They are nice campers!! A lot of thought seems to go into their layout.
Very cool! That is something to look forward to for sure...
We've been trying to nail down our long term retirement plan for over three years. Waffled back and forth on several brands. Quality of construction, resale value and customer service have been key considerations in our choice.

Other brands like ATC, Arctic Fox, Air Stream, Outdoor RV, Black Series, and Big Foot to name just a few have been looked at seriously in making this decision. All of them have very good features and are above average in quality.

Also the capability to camp in colder conditions was important to us, not that we are winter campers per say, but even higher elevation camping in summer and Spring/Fall camping in northern regions can have night temps below freezing. We didn't want to have to worry about frozen water lines in the event temps were to drop into the twenties over night on occasion.

We've wanted to take factory tours of some of the manufacturers and found that some don't do customer tours and others offer very limited tours. we were warmly welcomed to a couple of factory tours and we were amazed at the attention provided by Oliver when we went to their factory. Unlike the other tours we've attended, the Oliver experience was over the top and very open as far as what we were allow to see. Honestly nothing in the factory was off limits. We were allowed to explore, ask questions of employees and see every single aspect of the build processes from the frame all the way to final inspection and customer pick-up area. Quality control and attention to detail were obvious throughout the process. I would describe every step as meticulous, neat and tidy and very organized.

When we set up our appointment for the tour we were told they had accommodations for our dogs if we brought them along. When we got there they had set up those accommodations at the local vet clinic just down the street. They even picked up the cost for the day. I couldn't believe it. We were personally introduced to members of the Oliver family who work daily in the plant and make sure everything is done to their standards. They know most employees by first name and you could tell the relationship was friendly and respectful. All this weighed very heavy on our decision because you just don't see this in most manufacturing facilities these days. Talking to the staff was like talking to family and good friends. They actually took the time to get to know us and share their passion for the products they sell. Having worked in manufacturing my whole career, I must say the workmanship and attention to detail by every employee was top notch. I came away feeling like this was the kind of place I wish I had spent my years working at.

We'll be heading down Nov. 28th to take another tour and pick out colors and finalize our order details. Then to say the least we are really looking forward to the build date and then going to the factory in April in our Tremor to pick up our RV in person. We'll even get to camp the first night in the Factory camp ground in Tennessee for a shake down. This whole process just sounds like the best experience we could ever ask for. I'll post updates when the trailer is completed and we go to receive our new Ollie. :D 🍻

wifey and I are constantly rv shopping. We love our 2021 GD Solitude. However the Kitchen could be larger but I don't want a larger 5er this one is 16,800 and 41'6"

does anyone know anything about Redwood 5 th wheels by Thor?
we found a floor plan we like but are not sure of the quality.

Hung out at Happy Jack, AZ this last weekend. Had to go stand on a corner in Winslow, AZ...bucket list item check. Was going to stay another night, but it was 26° last night so we decided to come back south. Haven't seen those temps since I left the PNW.

Attachments

• 67AF9B57-1C57-4EF9-B35D-263F2A08D866.jpeg
    67AF9B57-1C57-4EF9-B35D-263F2A08D866.jpeg
    505.6 KB · Views: 68
  • 9E3CEE08-BA4A-4F99-AC06-105B52C5E3CD.jpeg
    9E3CEE08-BA4A-4F99-AC06-105B52C5E3CD.jpeg
    396.1 KB · Views: 68
  • 16081AF2-B652-458A-9E3F-ACD93A7B67C8.jpeg
    16081AF2-B652-458A-9E3F-ACD93A7B67C8.jpeg
    357.3 KB · Views: 67
Back