Tremors and Campers let's talk camping!!

Just realized I haven't posted a picture yet. This was from a trip from Indiana to Florida then to Pigeon forge TN, back to Indiana. I need to figure an issue in having it with the steering. Feels loose or that it has a lot of play. Makes for some annoying sway.
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20220928-215738_Gallery.webp
    Screenshot_20220928-215738_Gallery.webp
    97.3 KB · Views: 133
Just realized I haven't posted a picture yet. This was from a trip from Indiana to Florida then to Pigeon forge TN, back to Indiana. I need to figure an issue in having it with the steering. Feels loose or that it has a lot of play. Makes for some annoying sway.
Do you have a weight distribution hitch? Seems like you shouldn’t have a sway issue at all with a trailer that size. I pull a 33’ with nothing real noticeable. Is your suspension aftermarket like your tires wheels?
 
Do you have a weight distribution hitch? Seems like you shouldn’t have a sway issue at all with a trailer that size. I pull a 33’ with nothing real noticeable. Is your suspension aftermarket like your tires wheels?
I agree that that trailer should not be causing sway issues unless it’s loaded up giving way too little tongue weight or issues with the truck.
 
Picked up a new to us '21 Grand Design Reflection 28BH yesterday. Found it for a decent price in Utah.

I still tent camp at least every other month with my son and his Trail Life troop, but this made the wife and daughter happier for the family trips.

It was my first time pulling a 5th wheel and the truck pulled it exceptionally well. The only frustrating part was getting back into California. Utah, Arizona, and Nevada traveling was much nicer. I averaged 12.2 mpg according to the truck with lots of grades going up and down.
20221008_124736.jpg
 
Last edited:
Do you have a weight distribution hitch? Seems like you shouldn’t have a sway issue at all with a trailer that size. I pull a 33’ with nothing real noticeable. Is your suspension aftermarket like your tires wheels?
I do have a WDH and suspension is stock. The wheels/tires were on the truck when I bought it. I don't think the trailer is causing the sway. I was thinking about trying to upgrade the steering stabilizer to tighten it up
 
Installed the Ford supplied backup camera today... TPMS will have to wait until after our trip next week.

The Winnebago Voyage comes prepped for a Voyager camera but I didn't want to add another monitor + I had purchased the truck with the camera prior to the RV. I found an adapter bracket that worked after drilling a few additional holes:

PXL_20221010_192044370.webp

PXL_20221010_192024557.webp


This made mounting the camera a snap. I ran the cable up to the roof, over to the ladder and down the back. Then inside the frame all the way to the front. Plenty of cable provided in the kit... I used outdoor 3M command clips for Christmas lights and a good amount of zip ties:

PXL_20221010_221243289.webp


There are a few odds and ends to clean up... Trimming some zip ties, tightening the camera mount screws (forgot to bring a torx with me), etc.

PXL_20221010_221756728.webp
 
Installed the Ford supplied backup camera today... TPMS will have to wait until after our trip next week.

The Winnebago Voyage comes prepped for a Voyager camera but I didn't want to add another monitor + I had purchased the truck with the camera prior to the RV. I found an adapter bracket that worked after drilling a few additional holes:

View attachment 62361
View attachment 62362

This made mounting the camera a snap. I ran the cable up to the roof, over to the ladder and down the back. Then inside the frame all the way to the front. Plenty of cable provided in the kit... I used outdoor 3M command clips for Christmas lights and a good amount of zip ties:

View attachment 62363

There are a few odds and ends to clean up... Trimming some zip ties, tightening the camera mount screws (forgot to bring a torx with me), etc.

View attachment 62364
Nice!! I have thought about doing this. It would come in handy sometimes in traffic, not to mention backing up and gas stations.
 
We’ve hit Hwy 1 on our trip down the Pacific Coast Highway. It’s definitely narrower and twistier than the previous sections but still perfectly manageable. There is a 40’ limit for motor homes and can imagine that being a little sketchy if there was a lot of oncoming traffic, some of the turns are pretty tight.

Not sure I could post a video here, but here is a link to the some of the footage we got on the section between Leggett and Ft. Bragg.

 
Last week at the Turkey Track Bluegrass Festival, Waldron, AR. Set up, ready to jam, and enjoying a cup of BRCC Blackbeard's Delight!

View attachment 62407
Awesome! I was a regular at the Wheatland Music Festival here in Michigan until a few years ago... That was always a tent camping affair for me. There were some great performers that came through but we were always more about the jamming than the listening :p

Have a great time!
 
Picked up a new to us '21 Grand Design Reflection 28BH yesterday. Found it for a decent price in Utah.

I still tent camp at least every other month with my son and his Trail Life troop, but this made the wife and daughter happier for the family trips.

It was my first time pulling a 5th wheel and the truck pulled it exceptionally well. The only frustrating part was getting back into California. Utah, Arizona, and Nevada traveling was much nicer. I averaged 12.2 mpg according to the truck with lots of grades going up and down. View attachment 62252
i want one real bad but i bought the 250 instead of 350 damn it!
 
i want one real bad but i bought the 250 instead of 350 damn it!
Only difference on the Tremor is the payload sticker - suspension is the same! So your 250 will do fine if you can stay within your payload, even better!
 
i want one real bad but i bought the 250 instead of 350 damn it!
I am a 250 as well with 2759lbs for payload capacity. With the 28BH advertised at 1696lbs for the hitch weight, a DOT CHP I spoke with just urged I get my trailer endorsement (10,000lbs+ 5th wheel in CA) and I will be fine. I plan on adding airbags too but I don't think it is necessary.
 
I am a 250 as well with 2759lbs for payload capacity. With the 28BH advertised at 1696lbs for the hitch weight, a DOT CHP I spoke with just urged I get my trailer endorsement (10,000lbs+ 5th wheel in CA) and I will be fine. I plan on adding airbags too but I don't think it is necessary.
I also have a 250 and I bought a 2021 Solitude 380FL 5th wheel. I have Deaver AAPs under my 1-ton leafs and Airlift 5000 lb Ultimate airbags. With my airbags set at 45 psi, the diesel Tremor tows it beautifully.
 
Installed the Ford supplied backup camera today... TPMS will have to wait until after our trip next week.

The Winnebago Voyage comes prepped for a Voyager camera but I didn't want to add another monitor + I had purchased the truck with the camera prior to the RV. I found an adapter bracket that worked after drilling a few additional holes:

View attachment 62361
View attachment 62362

This made mounting the camera a snap. I ran the cable up to the roof, over to the ladder and down the back. Then inside the frame all the way to the front. Plenty of cable provided in the kit... I used outdoor 3M command clips for Christmas lights and a good amount of zip ties:

View attachment 62363

There are a few odds and ends to clean up... Trimming some zip ties, tightening the camera mount screws (forgot to bring a torx with me), etc.

View attachment 62364
Went through the hitch mounts and verified bolt torque, etc prior to our trip next week. Also verified measurements with and without the WD bars attached. According to the Ford Towing guide the front should have a 50% return once the WD is active. Mine ended up being exactly that using the WeighSafe "distributed weight" target.

Unloaded:
PXL_20221014_215354971.webp


Tongue weight w/o weight distribution:
PXL_20221014_212204587.webp


Weight distribution engaged:
PXL_20221014_211008338.webp
 
Went through the hitch mounts and verified bolt torque, etc prior to our trip next week. Also verified measurements with and without the WD bars attached. According to the Ford Towing guide the front should have a 50% return once the WD is active. Mine ended up being exactly that using the WeighSafe "distributed weight" target.

Unloaded:
View attachment 62525

Tongue weight w/o weight distribution:
View attachment 62526

Weight distribution engaged:
View attachment 62527

I’ve enjoyed reading your posts about your projects because you’re so precise and thorough. The blue painter’s tape on the wheelwells made me smile. Great looking rig!
 
Back
Top Bottom