Tell me about your favorite whiskey or bourbon

Got some nice gifts for Fathers Day.

IMG_9875.webp
 
I was gifted these two

PXL_20260621_191121644.webp
 
Last edited:
I like buillt, Buffalo trace, and a few others but so far I really like Winglore spirits.

My family has started one out of Virginia called Winglore spirits. https://shop.winglorespirits.com/
Based on fighter pilots great taste and cool stores. Available in dc and soon in VA.
 

Attachments

  • 20260524_203246.webp
    20260524_203246.webp
    89.2 KB · Views: 5
My Father's Day and just because additions from the last week. The Woodford Double XO blend was found at the Class 6 and the Personal Selection Idahob2026 was a quick stop at an Idaho liquor store Saturday. The Blanton Green label and the Green River were Father's Day.

20260623_173217.webp
 
Picked this up in El Paso today

Damn, just noticed the proof when I took the photo
PXL_20260624_012604586.webp
 
130, perfect 😁 🥃🥃
My highest proof bottle is 161 (80.5% abv). I'll admit it is an intimidating pour. I'm mostly drinking whiskies in the 115 - 125 range, but the complexity of a high proof pour can be incredible.
 
My highest proof bottle is 161 (80.5% abv). I'll admit it is an intimidating pour. I'm mostly drinking whiskies in the 115 - 125 range, but the complexity of a high proof pour can be incredible.
The highest open I have is still some of the Augusta Buckner's 13 year at 141, but have a couple of bottles that top that, just haven't gotten to opening them yet. I have found that for more "relaxed" sipping, the 110-125 range seems to be the spot for me.

Hooten Young Constitutional Hull Reserve - 138.6 - not sure what will get me to crack this one open yet.
Barrell Decade - 142.7 - this one is set aside for my retirement night
Last two are a Corbin Cash single barrel at 149.6 at 149.6 and then a Backbone single barrel at 155

Appreciate all of the suggestions and input over the last couple years.

Erik
 
I'll need @DTX2023Tremor to verify the proof, but I have some old 1965 TN shine that was advertised as 135 proof.

my buddy fought off several copperheads to go up to the old stash and pull the bottle.

to me, it was a once in a lifetime gift from some friends in TN.
 
Last edited:
Been looking for a bottle of 23 year old Pappy. What’s a good price for a bottle if I manage to find one?
 
Been looking for a bottle of 23 year old Pappy. What’s a good price for a bottle if I manage to find one?
A "good" price for this bottle is going to be very difficult to recommend as this is one of those bottles where what you're willing to spend is going to be the biggest factor. If you've never tried the 23 before, I suggest finding it at a bar and trying it first. A lot of people who have tried it as well as the 20 year prefer the 20 as for some, the 23 year can be too oak forward.

The MSRP for the 23 year is $199. Secondary ranges depending on the source is $3,000 - $3,500, but the prices go way up the older the bottle is. The market price for a bottle of the 2025 release runs about $2,750 - but I doubt you'll find this from a reputable seller anywhere online. Most of the sites I recognize have this for $4,000 - $5,000.

That said, you have a pretty good shot of getting a bottle on Unicorn options for $2,350 - $2,750. A few recently sold there for $2,500, but the current auction's bottles will likely close above that. Major downside here is that you'd also pay the auction's commission fee of 15% (seller's don't pay it), so you're looking at an additional $375 on top of the hammer price. They also collect sales tax. Shipping for a single bottle runs about $25. So, if you can get a bottle for about $2,500, you'll end-up spending about $3,000 when all is said and done. Will save you about $1,000 buying from an online retailer.

Your best bet to get a bottle at a reasonable price is to try and find someone locally that is selling a bottle and you can save the auction commission, taxes, and shipping. Facebook groups are usually the best place to go, but they are also filled with scammers. Inspect the bottle before giving them any money and look for those who have good reviews or have a good track record for sales.

The other route is to become a really good customer for a higher volume independent liquor store. Get to know the owner and at some point they'll ask you if there's anything you're looking for. That's the time to plant the seed and they might try to get a bottle from the distributor. Just know that if they get the distributor to give them a bottle, they'll likely have to commit to sell pallets of Fireball Whiskey and Wheatley Vodka. Distributors have these bottles, but they play stupid games with them to move their low price, high margin inventory.

Good luck with the hunt! Let us know if you end up getting a bottle.
 
Returned from St Marteen about a week and a half ago with 5 bottles of Eagle Rare 10 year, all were 39.99 or 49.99

Just got back from the Austin area and stumbled on cases of Well FP for $64 at Specs off of 1431 and Reagan. Between my brother and myself we bought a case over several days… only 1 bottle per person per day.

Went back yesterday to grab one last one before heading back to Dallas, and guess the word had gotten out because they went from like 12 cases to one bottle in 72 hours
 
Did you see Seelbach's dropped a 21 year ALW for $200? They have two barrels, one for their Pro members and the other for everyone. I decided to just pick up the Pro bottle as it isn't in the budget to get two $200 bottles.
 
Last edited:
Did you see Seelbach's dropped a 18 year ALW for $200? They have two barrels, one for their Pro members and the other for everyone. I decided to just pick up the Pro bottle as it isn't in the budget to get two $200 bottles.
I saw it, neither of the links would let me access it. Figure it wasn't meant to be and there will always be more. Hope you enjoy it when the time comes 🥃
 
I saw it, neither of the links would let me access it. Figure it wasn't meant to be and there will always be more. Hope you enjoy it when the time comes 🥃
If you want one I can grab one for you. Let me know.
 
Back
Top Bottom