Tell me about your favorite whiskey or bourbon

Found these yesterday... after 3 years of looking, was able to get these for MSRP.
1000029312.webp
 
Preparing for a Scotch tasting I am running next Saturday. Quality work takes preparation and research 🙂. Looking at the influence of different still sizes/shapes.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2490.webp
    IMG_2490.webp
    277.7 KB · Views: 13
Preparing for a Scotch tasting I am running next Saturday. Quality work takes preparation and research 🙂. Looking at the influence of different still sizes/shapes.
Disappointed that @Optimus🤖 hasn't given us some insight based on his extensive research on various size, shapes, legs, thickness, color, etc...
 
Disappointed that @Optimus🤖 hasn't given us some insight based on his extensive research on various size, shapes, legs, thickness, color, etc...
I am sure he is torn between Glenfarclas with the largest and Glenmorangie with the tallest. Macallan would be right out since they have the smallest 😀
 
Picked up a few bottles in El Paso today on my way to Big Bend

PXL_20260428_020052047.webp


PXL_20260428_000919589.webp
 
Many years ago I was in Scotland and stopped in at a small whiskey shop in Edinburgh. Met by a gruff red-headed / bearded Scottish gentleman who quickly schooled me. I asked, "I'd like to learn more about Scotch", to which he gruffly stated "There's no such thing as Scotch, only whisky!" He was dead serious. The Scots do not like their whisky being called "Scotch". I humbly apologized and he spent the next hour taking me through a taste test of Cadenhead Whiskey which to date, I'd say is some of the best I've ever had.
You can find it in the US is select retailers. Try it when you can, I don't think you'll be disappointed!


 
Years ago, a friend of mine went to Woodford's distillery and came back and gave me a little flask of the best tasting bourbon I've ever had. I tried buy more, they would not ship it and said it's only offered there. I'm not really a huge whiskey or bourbon drinker, I prefer sweeter stuff like cask-aged rum and can only drink whiskey or bourbon over ice usually.
 
Left at 9am to go over towards Montana, finally home just after 10pm, but it was a nice day. Wife found some of the moonshine she was looking for from a distillery that went out of business and a few other treats. I didn't do too bad 😁

20260502_222230.webp
 
Great haul. I really enjoyed the Wyatt Earp and white label Doc Holiday I had.
 
Back
Top Bottom