Tell me about your favorite whiskey or bourbon

lol... My wife is definitely an enabler. I have an app that tracks my bottles and it just rolled the odometer to a stupidly high number of bottles.
 
Oof... The industry downturn continues. Now MGP had paused production at two distilleries for what they expect is 12 months.

The company will pause at Limestone Branch Distillery in Lebanon and Lux Row Distillers in Bardstown. Limestone Branch produces Yellowstone Bourbon, Minor Case Rye and Bowling & Burch Gin. Lux Row Distillers is best known for its Rebel and Ezra Brooks brands but also produces Blood Oath, Lux Row and Daviess County.
 
My wife says...oh, I don't have a wife 😁.
 
Oof... The industry downturn continues. Now MGP had paused production at two distilleries for what they expect is 12 months.

The company will pause at Limestone Branch Distillery in Lebanon and Lux Row Distillers in Bardstown. Limestone Branch produces Yellowstone Bourbon, Minor Case Rye and Bowling & Burch Gin. Lux Row Distillers is best known for its Rebel and Ezra Brooks brands but also produces Blood Oath, Lux Row and Daviess County.

As long as Early Times BIB and 10yo Henry McKenna BIB still rolls out of the rickhouse, I'll be a happy man

1776115251971.webp
 
Ok, so someone mentioned an app to track their collection. Well, after only discovering the true taste of good bourbon Christmas season 2024 and then starting to gather bottles via the fantastic TR series, @DTX2023Tremor 's recommendation of following T8ke and my lovely wife's "just get it," I am at 71 bottles - per Only Drams, only 20% are considered common, 49% uncommon and I have gathered 6 rare and unicorn bottles.

39% are open and I rotated through which to enjoy. I do have a few bottles earmarked for special occasions.

Preference for most so far is neat or a single cube.

Look forward to enjoying all of these and many more over the years.

Erik
 
Well, after only discovering the true taste of good bourbon Christmas season 2024 … I am at 71 bottles
I remember when you first joined this thread asking for recommendations, brother! Hats off to you, your commitment is next level! 🥃
 
Last edited:
lol... My wife is definitely an enabler. I have an app that tracks my bottles and it just rolled the odometer to a stupidly high number of bottles.


Hmmm, what is the name of the APP?
 
Ok, so someone mentioned an app to track their collection. Well, after only discovering the true taste of good bourbon Christmas season 2024 and then starting to gather bottles via the fantastic TR series, @DTX2023Tremor 's recommendation of following T8ke and my lovely wife's "just get it," I am at 71 bottles - per Only Drams, only 20% are considered common, 49% uncommon and I have gathered 6 rare and unicorn bottles.

39% are open and I rotated through which to enjoy. I do have a few bottles earmarked for special occasions.

Preference for most so far is neat or a single cube.

Look forward to enjoying all of these and many more over the years.

Erik
I prefer to use the app the Whiskey Shelf. It is more flexible than Only Drams, but isn't as useful if you're trying to put a valuation on your collection. The Booz App and the bourbonuer Bourbon Blue Book are also good reference points and I'll also pull in recent sales of a bottle on Unicorn Auctions to see what the market is saying the value is.

Note that any bottle that's open has pretty much a $0.00 value. You can sometimes find people willing to buy an open bottle, but that is uncommon unless it's a really rare bottle.
 
I prefer to use the app the Whiskey Shelf. It is more flexible than Only Drams, but isn't as useful if you're trying to put a valuation on your collection. The Booz App and the bourbonuer Bourbon Blue Book are also good reference points and I'll also pull in recent sales of a bottle on Unicorn Auctions to see what the market is saying the value is.

Note that any bottle that's open has pretty much a $0.00 value. You can sometimes find people willing to buy an open bottle, but that is uncommon unless it's a really rare bottle.
Thanks for the other apps. Not using it to track value, just as a way to keep tabs on what I have. The OpenDram was the top one when I searched and had 4.7 review. Fairly user friendly to add bottles not in their database. Will look into the whiskey shelf one too.
 
Thanks for the other apps. Not using it to track value, just as a way to keep tabs on what I have. The OpenDram was the top one when I searched and had 4.7 review. Fairly user friendly to add bottles not in their database. Will look into the whiskey shelf one too.
I was using three apps at once to really get a sense of how they worked. The issue I had with Only Drams was they're slow to add bottles and they don't do well (at least when I last used it) with bottles that don't have UPC codes.

On the plus side, they have the cleanest database of all the apps because they take the time to validate each bottle before adding.

For both Only Drams and Whiskey Shelf, you have to reach out to them when you have a bottle that has the same UPC code as another. It is pretty common that distilleries don't always issue a new UPC for a different release. Booz App makes this easy as you just add the new bottle, but their database is the least managed and it's a bit of the Wild West.
 
I was using three apps at once to really get a sense of how they worked. The issue I had with Only Drams was they're slow to add bottles and they don't do well (at least when I last used it) with bottles that don't have UPC codes.

On the plus side, they have the cleanest database of all the apps because they take the time to validate each bottle before adding.

For both Only Drams and Whiskey Shelf, you have to reach out to them when you have a bottle that has the same UPC code as another. It is pretty common that distilleries don't always issue a new UPC for a different release. Booz App makes this easy as you just add the new bottle, but their database is the least managed and it's a bit of the Wild West.
They have worked with no or duplicate UPC. I was able to add the TR bottles and if there is a duplicate UPC, you can scroll down and click add bottle. I have a few that were added and awaiting their validation, but they will still show on my list.

One thing I don't like, is I feel the TR bottles should be unicorns 😁
 
Back
Top Bottom