Tell me about your favorite whiskey or bourbon

If it is as good as it's nose, it will not disappoint 🥃

20260814_190021.webp
 

Attachments

  • 20260814_185942.webp
    20260814_185942.webp
    251.2 KB · Views: 6
Found this on my travels in Delaware!
It's crazy, these were so hard to find when they were released (I also paid a slight premium for my bottle) and a recent stop into Heaven Hill and they had cases of it out for purchase (no limit).
 
It's crazy, these were so hard to find when they were released (I also paid a slight premium for my bottle) and a recent stop into Heaven Hill and they had cases of it out for purchase (no limit).
They've had some at Costco off and on and steady the last few times I've been in. Grabbed a bottle a while back.
 
Look what 3 bottles followed me home tonight...
I even got a grenade


PXL_20260818_232234912.webp
 
Oh , btw, we picked the Tremor IV barrel today.

PXL_20260818_180423340.webp



It's a winner, for sure.

13 year old , high rye, 95/5
 
Last edited:
Don’t know when bottles will be ready to purchase?
Once the barrel's dumped and bottled, @DTX2023Tremor will post a link to purchase — likely in the next week or two.
Rough Target is the 1st of Sept.

The ordering window will be open long enough for everyone to get their orders in.
 
It’s getting closer…..
View attachment 266645
It baffles me why Crown Royal doesn't release cask strength whiskey. @MVI and I were talking to someone at The Whiskey Blendery whose had the 31 year signature whiskey and said it was a phenomenal pour. I imagine Found North is getting some of their stock from Crown and their blends and are rated as great to nearly perfect pours, which makes me wonder why Crown won't just release cask strength bottles.
 
I've signed up to buy a barrel of 110 Proof Makers Mark.

It was stamped with my name this week, and will be ready in August 2034.

1787334336900.webp
 
It baffles me why Crown Royal doesn't release cask strength whiskey. @MVI and I were talking to someone at The Whiskey Blendery whose had the 31 year signature whiskey and said it was a phenomenal pour. I imagine Found North is getting some of their stock from Crown and their blends and are rated as great to nearly perfect pours, which makes me wonder why Crown won't just release cask strength bottles.
This was a pure label buy. The kids that stop by the tailgate can mix it with coke.
 
I got two bottles of this as a gift. One for bringing a friend a serpentine belt when the belt blew on his Mastercraft with only 100 hours. And another one for towing him to the launch after he couldn't change the belt I brought him. Lol. Anyway, its very good. I didn't really get any of the maple on the first try. Need to try it again.

 
I got two bottles of this as a gift. One for bringing a friend a serpentine belt when the belt blew on his Mastercraft with only 100 hours. And another one for towing him to the launch after he couldn't change the belt I brought him. Lol. Anyway, its very good. I didn't really get any of the maple on the first try. Need to try it again.

That bottle is definitely a crowd pleaser. It is often one I pour for people who tell me they don't drink whiskey neat.

Nulu, Penelope and Very Olde St Nick all have Maple Brulee or Maple whiskies (the first two are finished in maple syrup casks that are then torched on the inside to caramelize the sugars, not sure what Very Olde St. Nick did to theirs as they're a bit secretive).

If you like maple cask finished whiskies, another one to try are honey cask finished whiskies. Short Barrel's the Bee's Knees series has led the way. They also do a honey finished rye which I think they call Afterswarm. And, while you're in the Short Barrel line-up, their maple cask finished whiskey is called Sapsquatch.

A few other distilleries who do honey cask finished are Seelbach's (Beekeeper), Starlight Distillery, Glenns Creek, and Kentucky Nectar (which is a bit harder to find outside of KY).
 
Back
Top Bottom